What comes with the Lavazza machine in your cabin?

Valen9

I just upgraded us to a Junior Suite and it has a Lavazza coffee machine.  For those who have experienced it, what comes with the machine?  What can you ask for?

I like to have a lot of (real) cream with my coffee -- can I arrange for that?

I thought it was just me, I tried the Lavazza coffee machine once on our recent Explorer cruise and I could have had a helicopter hovering outside the balcony to winch me off making less noise.

We are from the UK so predominantly tea drinkers but in all seriousness I am assuming that fancy coffee pod machines don't usually make that sort of noise.

• Haha 3

It comes with two Lavazza Blue pods and two decaf pods, all of which go promptly into the closet where they stay until we depart the ship at the end of the cruise. Not only are the machines extremely noisy, but the coffee it makes is undrinkable (it would make an excellent varnish stripper however).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

but the coffee it makes is undrinkable (it would make an excellent varnish stripper however).

I wasn't a fan of it either...
I tried it once and since then, I was happy to walk down to Cafe Promenade or Cafe Latte-Tude depending on the ship!
I got a good laugh at your comment! 

I love the Lavazza.  I drink only espresso at home.  I've been known to go to cafe promenade for a plastic cup half full of half and half and take it back to put in the 'mini fridge' (yes, I know it isn't a fridge).  If I don't put ice in with it, I replace it daily.  This is assuming they actually have half and half on your sailing - that's a completely different problem lol.

I like the coffee with the gold foil cap in the pic above.

I usually run through the same pod twice in a large cup and it’s pretty good and not so strong. 
A great improvement over the old Motel 6 special one cup drip/spill all over the counter model they used to provide. 

Edited by HicksRA
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Mim Lloyd said:

Lavazza coffee pods are all far too strong for me and far too small a serving so I'm planning to take a jar of instant coffee with me and some Coffee Mate. I'm in a JS, is a kettle in there along with the coffee machine?

No kettles anymore (that I remember) but you can use the Lavazza without a pod for the hot water 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mim Lloyd said:

Lavazza coffee pods are all far too strong for me and far too small a serving so I'm planning to take a jar of instant coffee with me and some Coffee Mate. I'm in a JS, is a kettle in there along with the coffee machine?

You can ask for a kettle, if not there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mim Lloyd said:

We were on the Quantum and got a kettle (flower, pineapple, and hot chocolate not included) in a full suite. 

image.png.da6fee019147fc735907e5dbbbfb74cd.png

image.png.6ab3d7dab08b790f025caf6bb6c6e143.png

• Thanks 1

Hello,

Always have kettles on ex UK sailings.

I don't know what Lavazza does to make their pods but they taste nothing like the coffee I make from my 'bean to cup' coffee machine using Lavazza beans.

Regards,

Cublet

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You can ask for a kettle, if not there.

FWIW, someone in a GS on Liberty right now did not have one. After requesting one, it took a bit, but she eventually got one. She was also told they are being phased out of Freedom class and below.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

FWIW, someone in a GS on Liberty right now did not have one. After requesting one, it took a bit, but she eventually got one. She was also told they are being phased out of Freedom class and below.

Hello,

With Independence rumoured to be returning to the UK in 2025, if the above *IS* going to happen then I want to reserve my seat overlooking the Guest Relations desk!

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 4

In terms of the number of pods, you can ask for more- we generally use 8 a day- 4 regular and 4 decaf, so we end up with two full cups of coffee- as we get the large mugs from someplace and use two pods per cup. 

If they get replaced, hopefully with Nespresso machines. Kureg coffee is way too weak for me. And we used to double the packets in the old machines. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Anthem has the kettles in every cabin we have stayed in but they do the sailings out of Southampton, UK for several months a year so I guess they just leave them for the winter sailings out of NJ.

Thanks, everyone!  I'll plan to get half&half (or whatever) from the buffet.  And experiment with the pods; since they're espresso, diluting with hot water (or running them twice) might be what I prefer.