Should Celebrity forum be divided

Ex-Airbalancer

Should the Celebrity be divide into two section?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Celebrity section on this forum be divide into 2 sub section , one for Retreat and for Aqua and below. As Retreat passengers have a different cruise expectations than the rest of the passengers

Since we’re all deciding what new forums to create, I want one for discussions about children.  No topics involving children are allowed in the main forum.

How do you like them apples?  

P.S.  I don’t care about kids.  They’re adorable but the point is made.  Personally I’d still prefer a dog petting zoo onboard.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I'm generally not a fan of search functions, but on CC, you need to make sure you change the default from "any search words"  to "all search words".  I get better results that way. I wish they would set the default to that, because sometimes I forget to change it

Exactly ... I used to like the search before an update along the way. Prior search you could choose titles only at the beginning instead of after in the search results window.  Took me a bit to realize the change, either way it definitely requires tweeking (filter fun) of the results to get to real relevance.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zitsky said:

Since we’re all deciding what new forums to create, I want one for discussions about children.  No topics involving children are allowed in the main forum.

How do you like them apples?  

P.S.  I don’t care about kids.  They’re adorable but the point is made.  Personally I’d still prefer a dog petting zoo onboard.

Yes good idea!

I want to have separate forums for Lobster vs Non-Lobster threads.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/31/2023 at 11:47 AM, CruisinShips said:

I pay for the Retreat so I don't have to interact with the unwashed masses.

I don't pay for the Retreat so I don't have to cruise with the washed non-masses! I want to be with my unwashed masses party people! You are just not having fun until you have a nice collection of varying alcoholic beverages decorating your shirt!

😈

The single Retreat experience I had was well worth it (lots of sea days on our TA), but enjoyed the full ship experience. I dont really see Celebrity Retreat as a ‘Ship Within a Ship’ set up. Although I guess you can focus entirely on staying within the Retreat, Celebrity ships are something I enjoy throughout. 

We have friends who love Norwegian but go Haven only because they dont enjoy the rest of the experience onboard. never been on Norwegian so thats all 2nd hand info. But thought it wasnt something I wanted to ‘experience’ if staying in some exclusive area is the only option….no thanks.

Den

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

The single Retreat experience I had was well worth it (lots of sea days on our TA), but enjoyed the full ship experience. I dont really see Celebrity Retreat as a ‘Ship Within a Ship’ set up. Although I guess you can focus entirely on staying within the Retreat, Celebrity ships are something I enjoy throughout. 

We have friends who love Norwegian but go Haven only because they dont enjoy the rest of the experience onboard. never been on Norwegian so thats all 2nd hand info. But thought it wasnt something I wanted to ‘experience’ if staying in some exclusive area is the only option….no thanks.

Den

So…..  You’re basically saying, you wouldn’t belong to any club that would have you as a member???  🥸

Edited by zitsky

23 minutes ago, zitsky said:

So…..  You’re basically saying, you wouldn’t belong to any club that would have you as a member???  🥸

All the ‘clubs’ that offered me membership had names ending in terms such as: ‘gang’; ‘outfit’; ‘mob’; ‘syndicate’; ‘ring’…..so it never seemed o work it well. 

Den

• Haha 2

On 8/31/2023 at 4:04 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I just find Retreat passengers bring up that you have to book YC , Heaven, Oceanic , Viking etc in just about every thread 

I think most people Aqua and below have check the other cruise lines and probably found them out their comfort zone for booking 

So that why I feel there should a separate section for Retreat passengers 

I started a thread somewhat along the lines of where I think you are headed and the mods deleted it, even though I absolutely think it was a relevant topic. I'll repeat what I said there and that is that I am tired of the same handful of complainers posting and reposting and reposting the same bitches...

8 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Integrate the Edge Class ships into Royal and give/sell all others to Carnival.

Drastic times must be met with drastic measures!!

Wouldn't that be a statement, giving away cruise ships to your main competitor.

"We are so assuredly confident in our business model, we gift you a veritable fleet of ships!"

Meh, don't see the need. Whining about the Retreat experience or the regular accommodations experience have been in one forum and seems to work just fine. Couldn't tell you the last time I saw actual useful information on Cruise Critic and I've been around since 2004. I just come back occasionally for the entertainment factor and to see what the complaint de jour is. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, cruzeluver said:

Couldn't tell you the last time I saw actual useful information on Cruise Critic and I've been around since 2004. I just come back occasionally for the entertainment factor and to see what the complaint de jour is. 

While I do enjoy a good complaint thread, I have to disagree with you in the useful information point...I've learned SO much here and in fact, were it not for a whole host of fellow CC'ers banding together to help DH and me (complete strangers) make our ship in San Pedro in March after a flight fiasco (in real time on this board), I'm sure we would have missed embarkation.  People who knew how to navigate LAX, who were savvy with Uber Black and where they could park, those who were knowledgeable in flight times and plane locations, many who knew how and what to say to the port agents, and much more...all chimed in and provided expertise.  As it happens we were among the last to board the ship before they put a lid on embarkation.  I will never forget the assistance I received that day.  And that's just one example...

• Like 3

CC is the only social media platform I belong to. There are few posters here on CC that share some valuable information that has nothing to to with food, entertainment, cut backs, etc.  I read a lot of threads based on titles. I may or not agree with the opinions. I share my opinions and experiences and don't care or expect others to agree or disagree with me. Years cruising, tier levels, Cruise Critic post counts, date joined CC means nothing to me. Glad to see the nays are in the majority concerning this thread. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cruzeluver said:

Meh, don't see the need. Whining about the Retreat experience or the regular accommodations experience have been in one forum and seems to work just fine. Couldn't tell you the last time I saw actual useful information on Cruise Critic and I've been around since 2004. I just come back occasionally for the entertainment factor and to see what the complaint de jour is. 

I learn more from the ports of call boards than anywhere else, but we don’t always book the same cruise line and learn things frequently. Highly doubt that this wasn’t a real complaint.  There’s no doubt the OP here just wanted to stir a pot for his own entertainment purposes.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

I learn more from the ports of call boards than anywhere else, but we don’t always book the same cruise line and learn things frequently. Highly doubt that this wasn’t a real complaint.  There’s no doubt the OP here just wanted to stir a pot for his own entertainment purposes.  

Who me ? 🤔🤣

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

While I do enjoy a good complaint thread, I have to disagree with you in the useful information point...I've learned SO much here and in fact, were it not for a whole host of fellow CC'ers banding together to help DH and me (complete strangers) make our ship in San Pedro in March after a flight fiasco (in real time on this board), I'm sure we would have missed embarkation.  People who knew how to navigate LAX, who were savvy with Uber Black and where they could park, those who were knowledgeable in flight times and plane locations, many who knew how and what to say to the port agents, and much more...all chimed in and provided expertise.  As it happens we were among the last to board the ship before they put a lid on embarkation.  I will never forget the assistance I received that day.  And that's just one example...

I loved reading about this experience🤗 There are good people on these boards!

• Like 1