Should Celebrity forum be divided

Ex-Airbalancer

Should the Celebrity be divide into two section?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Celebrity section on this forum be divide into 2 sub section , one for Retreat and for Aqua and below. As Retreat passengers have a different cruise expectations than the rest of the passengers

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I didn’t put in a closing date 

think about it.. the stats are  fairly static..points made..

maybe take the best ones and send to mods to consider..but pls do.not combine Retreat with AQ Class..world,'s apart and woukd hate them to  be merged..even on CC

12 hours ago, hcat said:

maybe take the best ones and send to mods to consider..but pls do.not combine Retreat with AQ Class..world,'s apart and woukd hate them to  be merged..even on CC

Combine what with what???  Please god, no!  I tried so hard to get away from those snooty Aqua class people with their “special” restaurant and cabins under the pool.  😭

39 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Combine what with what???  Please god, no!  I tried so hard to get away from those snooty Aqua class people with their “special” restaurant and cabins under the pool.  😭

Turf wars!

• Haha 1

On 8/31/2023 at 12:19 PM, PTC DAWG said:
critic

krĭt′ĭk

noun

1. One who forms and expresses judgments of the merits, faults, value, or truth of a matter.

Exactly.  Interestingly, I've been accused of being both a complainer and a cheerleader (by inference and post responses at least).  I say it like it is.  I'm happy to defend the cruise line when it is appropriate and equally willing to call a spade a spade when they fail to meet their promises.  I think a review of my posts would confirm that.

• Like 2

On 8/31/2023 at 6:56 PM, deliver42 said:

I'm Elite. Big deal. Nobody cares. I don't expect any special treatment, plus being Diamond on Royal means more than being Elite on X.

I'm Zenith.  Woo hoo.  You're right - nobody cares but me.  I think though that sometimes it is appropriate to mention it as it is pertinent to the discussion at hand in various ways.  Sometimes it is simply a way to tell people I am very experienced at cruising on Celebrity so if I am agreeing or disagreeing with a point I have some creds.  All too often I have seen misinformation shared by those who think because x,y, or z happened on their cruise that is how it is on all of Celebrity.  Often not the case. Or it might be a discussion about how the various changes do or do not impact various Captains Club levels.    I honestly can say that it is very rare, IMHO, that someone is posting about their Retreat or Zenith or Elite Plus status just to brag or be entitled .I think sometimes people get a little too thin skinned about these things. As a general rule I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt that their intentions were good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Exactly.  Interestingly, I've been accused of being both a complainer and a cheerleader (by inference and post responses at least).  I say it like it is.  I'm happy to defend the cruise line when it is appropriate and equally willing to call a spade a spade when they fail to meet their promises.  I think a review of my posts would confirm that.

I agree with this post, but highlighted the one Line above that I’ll address: saying like it is…..For You. 

I find critiques on dining, and how a staff person responded to the poster is all very subjective and I dont track those ‘criticisms’ - they are sharing their very biased opinion. And biased doesn’t mean it’s wrong…..just limited by taste and how someone treated the staff person they are complaining about. 

And certainly the ‘way too expensive….Im moving over to SilverSeas’ type comment is always interesting….but understand the personal opinion that they will spend more money for what they want and X isnt providing it For Them. I just dont understand why X is raising costs…but maybe it has to do with economies??

When we first started cruising 30yrs ago, I almost went crazy over the WWII/40’s music that was played…..then it got Much Better with My 60’s-70’s music…..but now??? How dare they not focus on us 75+ geezer customers and even Think about Those Youngsters!!!

OK, I’ll put away my pompoms.  

Den

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I'm Zenith.  Woo hoo.  You're right - nobody cares but me.  I think though that sometimes it is appropriate to mention it as it is pertinent to the discussion at hand in various ways.  Sometimes it is simply a way to tell people I am very experienced at cruising on Celebrity so if I am agreeing or disagreeing with a point I have some creds.  All too often I have seen misinformation shared by those who think because x,y, or z happened on their cruise that is how it is on all of Celebrity.  Often not the case. Or it might be a discussion about how the various changes do or do not impact various Captains Club levels.    I honestly can say that it is very rare, IMHO, that someone is posting about their Retreat or Zenith or Elite Plus status just to brag or be entitled .I think sometimes people get a little too thin skinned about these things. As a general rule I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt that their intentions were good.

I think nobody likes bragging.  There are ways to be knowledgeable and helpful without mentioning your status in every other sentence.

• Like 1

No I don't think it should be split, but I do find that there is a lot more impact now with the changes to the retreat guests vs folks like us that sail insides. With the price increases, butler changes, etc the retreat guests are seeing major changes, and that shows in the topics.

There is one though that does drive me crazy, is the what are other option threads, that pretty much just list other luxury lines or talk about the retreat areas of the various lines. I just scroll past for the most part now. I just understand that as someone that has sailed insides for years, that not many of us post on this board. Many may read, but very few seem to post. 

• Like 1

It seems that everything is being split. 

Celebrity tries to split the experience onboard with the cabins that get special treatment such as dining.

So my take is that the poster/reviewer needs to state which world they are cruising in before they give their opinion.

Alot of the posts have no bearing on what on the experience I will have in my ordinary balcony cabin.

We don't need to split the board but the poster needs to state their reference point.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

I think nobody likes bragging.

WHAT ??? LOL--- That's a " Good one " and that's damn insulting ----to me.

I won the putting tournament in 2013,( beating an old guy with a cane, a lady hanging on to her walker, and 2 girls that were putting with the wrong side of the putter ). 

What's wrong with bragging, oops, sharing ( ?? ) that with the other 2439 passengers on board.

Not to brag---so, I asked the Cruise Director ( never knew his name ) to mention it during his morning announcements, but, the bum forgot. 

Instead he told us where we were going and how lucky we were because of the " Great Deals " we could get. He never, or maybe forgot to tell us about the kick-backs, oops, commissions Celebrity receives for promoting , oops, sharing this information. 

So, when I went down to GR to complain etc, etc---- ( a free cruise ??? not even a plate of chocolate covered strawberries ) !!

Lastly-- and this ain't no bragging ---but

Our Waiter told me on the first night of our cruise  " Pinboy, if YOU want 3 shrimp cocktails ( then he looked around to see if anyone was listening ) , I'll bring 'em for YOU " !!

So, the next night at the table right next to ours , there's a man with 3 shrimp cocktails sitting right in front of him.

So, as soon as I finished my 2nd Crème Brule desert, I went straight to GR ----

I overheard the young GR Trainee say to the man beside her " Here he comes again--- can you please see what he wants ----this time " ?

On 8/31/2023 at 5:19 PM, ECCruise said:

Depends. Have showered there between Azamara and Oceania R class at least 300 times and never a problem. 

Shower size is so far down my list of important features that you'd be hard pressed to find it on my list of desirability. 

It's very important to passengers with mobility issues. As are chairs on the balconies with high backs and footstools (IV cabins on Edge Class would be impossible ). Cabin door widths ( our Walker fits through the doorway of a standard cabin on S class but has to be folded on Princess ). 

On 9/3/2023 at 8:41 PM, hcat said:

What do you have against us deplorables??

On 8/31/2023 at 9:28 AM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Since Retreat passengers have a different  expectations than the rest of the passengers 

Should this forum be divide , Retreat and Aqua and the rest 

No of course not. And why would the division be Retreat and Aqua together? Maybe because that is what you book? Your proposed division seems self centered. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, billc23 said:

Since the ships are divided, why not the forum??

Because dividing the forums that way is too much division and not needed. Also many questions and answers affect all categories. Keeping on topic would be a problem. The forum works fine the way it is. Why not divide the forum by class of ship? I would be agianst that  but it would make more sense than the proposed division. 

10 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Because dividing the forums that way is too much division and not needed. Also many questions and answers affect all categories. Keeping on topic would be a problem. The forum works fine the way it is. Why not divide the forum by class of ship? I would be agianst that  but it would make more sense than the proposed division. 

After Oct 4 we can change it to Aqua and below as Aqua will no longer be only “always include “ 

😁

13 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

After Oct 4 we can change it to Aqua and below as Aqua will no longer be only “always include “ 

😁

Celebrity could remove or change " at any time. and what cats have it. They have removed gratuities from so called always included. Next they might remove WiFi.

I notice the results of your poll are overwhelming against dividing the Celebrity forum. I think your poll has run its course.....