Royal Changes Next Week b/c of Lee?

vision14k

They might not announce before boarding.  Lee is forecast to stay off the coast until it hits Canada late next week.  Bermuda and NE/Canada cruises could be impacted.  So, it depends on timing and location.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BND said:

They might not announce before boarding.  Lee is forecast to stay off the coast until it hits Canada late next week.  Bermuda and NE/Canada cruises could be impacted.  So, it depends on timing and location.

The forecasts are getting better , but not that much better. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vision14k said:

For those sailing out this weekend or on Monday, when would Royal typically announce any itinerary changes due to Hurricane Lee? It looks like it’s going to cause some headaches for the Caribbean.

Closer to when they know when/where it will be. A Week out, not yet. Most time I've had Changes it's after onboard

Edited by ONECRUISER

Boarding Mariner on Saturday and waiting (and hoping) for word of a change.

Itinerary has us at Labadee Monday when storm passes. It may be off coast of Haiti but 5 ft swells are expected. This would make for rough seas, bad weather, and difficulty docking. Doesn't seem worth it. And then Jamaica the next day. If sea is so rough the pools have to close, we picked the wrong route. Hoping for a switch to Mexico to be farther away from it all. 🙏

4 minutes ago, RyderJ201 said:

Boarding Mariner on Saturday and waiting (and hoping) for word of a change.

Itinerary has us at Labadee Monday when storm passes. It may be off coast of Haiti but 5 ft swells are expected. This would make for rough seas, bad weather, and difficulty docking. Doesn't seem worth it. And then Jamaica the next day. If sea is so rough the pools have to close, we picked the wrong route. Hoping for a switch to Mexico to be farther away from it all. 🙏

We are boarding Mariner on Sat also, hoping for the best at this point.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BND said:

Sailing from Cape Liberty next Thursday to Halifax and Greenland…watching with interest as this is unique itinerary 

• Like 5

Supposed to arrive in Baltimore next week for the NE/Canada cruise, and we are concerned that we will arrive in Baltimore, cruise cancelled and not be able to get transportation to return home.

We have sailed this itinerary in the past and never had an issue.  I sure hope we don't have one this trip.  Safety is our biggest concern.

How does RCCL normally notify guests?  We are seasoned cruisers and have never experienced a disruption in plans.  Fortunate thus far.

• Like 1

First to act will get the coveted port spots. I read this afternoon that Disney is moving a cruise to Mexico ports (as i suspect several others will as well). Lee is a big storm with an extremely wide wind field. Would not be great to miss it by 150 miles and still have 80 MPH winds on your excursion.

Confidence remains high in the track for Lee, with almost no change
made to the NHC track forecast. Lee should continue moving
west-northwestward along the southern edge of the subtropical ridge
for the next 5 days. The ridge is forecast to gradually weaken by
early next week, causing Lee to slow down. This track should keep
the core of Lee and its damaging winds north of the Leeward Islands.
There is uncertainty in any northward turn of Lee beginning early
next week, but it is too soon to speculate about specific potential
impacts a week or more out.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, cruiseorcamp said:

Supposed to arrive in Baltimore next week for the NE/Canada cruise, and we are concerned that we will arrive in Baltimore, cruise cancelled and not be able to get transportation to return home.

We have sailed this itinerary in the past and never had an issue.  I sure hope we don't have one this trip.  Safety is our biggest concern.

How does RCCL normally notify guests?  We are seasoned cruisers and have never experienced a disruption in plans.  Fortunate thus far.

We are on this cruise. I say there is zero chance of it being cancelled. We will be on the ship; chances pretty good with original itinerary, some possibility of some port changes.  We will be safe.  Happy that I am not booked at a resort that can't move itself out of harm's way! I'm planning to just add a pair of shorts to my packing, in case we end up going south.

Where are you coming in from?

We've sailed this itinerary any times in September, and have never had an issue.  I guess we'll see what lies in store in a week!  I'm not worried; it will still be a cruise on a good ship.

• Like 1