Land & Sea - LIVE (nearly) from Amsterdam and ms Rotterdam 15 day Atlantic Sojourn - October 7th, 2023

kazu

5 hours ago, kazu said:

Woo hoo!  

I am not done packing yet.  But all the roll call stuff is in.  All I can say is that I will have a LOT of room for chocolate on the way home 😂 

Safe and smooth travels to you both.  Looking forward to finally meeting you on board 🙂 

As are we! Thanks for the good wishes 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

STOP, JUST STOP!  

All you guys getting excited and talking about boarding only means that we are nearing the end of our cruise.  What, we have 5 days still remaining to enjoy ourselves?  Great.  Now never mind expanding suitcases, whatabout expanding waistbands?  😁

LOL Colin - sorry but a lot of us are starting our adventure early and going to enjoy some time in Amsterdam.  Question for you as you are experienced.  Does Amsterdam have good crackers or should I pack some of my own?  (they’ll probably end up in a million pieces).

8 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Safe travels my friend, hopefully next year we’ll be able to take another trans-Atlantic journey!   Will be living vicariously through your travels this cruise, so have a wonderful time. 

There is a very nice TA next year on the Oosterdam  - 2nd segment of the Collectors (hint, hint 🤣)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Does Amsterdam have good crackers or should I pack some of my own?  (they’ll probably end up in a million pieces).

We belong to the BOO fraternity.  Bring Our Own!   I am sure that there are many good crackers in Holland, but I find that crackers are a real personal choice.   What I like, many others would not like etc, so I prefer to stick with our own, as they are the closest to 'Saltine'. 

0000_5391509391825_T1-1.png.e4a050a55e80b8f50659ed31ae1871b2.png

I have had no problems with breakages!

Even though they are more expensive I purchase snack pack versions, so individually wrapped portion each containing 5 crackers.  I cling wrap them in sets of 4 packs and then use them as a centre to roll a trousers or jeans around.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

We belong to the BOO fraternity.  Bring Our Own!   I am sure that there are many good crackers in Holland, but I find that crackers are a real personal choice.   What I like, many others would not like etc, so I prefer to stick with our own, as they are the closest to 'Saltine'. 

0000_5391509391825_T1-1.png.e4a050a55e80b8f50659ed31ae1871b2.png

I have had no problems with breakages!

Even though they are more expensive I purchase snack pack versions, so individually wrapped portion each containing 5 crackers.  I cling wrap them in sets of 4 packs and then use them as a centre to roll a trousers or jeans around.  

Thanks Colin.  I know those crackers 😊 

Too late to put them between but I have a plan and room.  Will put some in.  Much appreciated.

I thought it was about time I packed 😂 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, kazu said:

Oh you want some Belgium chocolate - Dumonts in Bruges - to die for 🙂 

I’ll be following along Kazu as our weather takes a dive. Thanks for the name of the chocolate shop in Bruges as I will try to find it in April when we go on the river cruise. 

Bon Voyage!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 1of4 said:

I’ll be following along Kazu as our weather takes a dive. Thanks for the name of the chocolate shop in Bruges as I will try to find it in April when we go on the river cruise. 

Bon Voyage!

It’s easy to find, Gail.  Best chocolate IMO and if you shop there, she has a nice thermal bag she sold for a nominal price to protect the chocolate.  Hope she still does 🤞 

I will try to remember to post a pic tomorrow for you during my 7 hour (ugh) layover in Toronto.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, kazu said:

It’s easy to find, Gail.  Best chocolate IMO and if you shop there, she has a nice thermal bag she sold for a nominal price to protect the chocolate.  Hope she still does 🤞 

I will try to remember to post a pic tomorrow for you during my 7 hour (ugh) layover in Toronto.

I appreciate that and wish I could still drive on highways as I would come and visit you at Pearson. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

By now I hope all your bags are packed and you are ready to go. @kazuHave a wonderful time.🍾

Thanks.  Not quite on the bags.   Some stuff can’t go in until tomorrow morning but I’m down to a just the list for what goes in 😉.

I just hope the luggage doesn’t get lost - there is a TON of roll call stuff in it - too much for a carry on.  On the bright side, I have lots of room for chocolate on the way home 😂 😉 

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

I appreciate that and wish I could still drive on highways as I would come and visit you at Pearson. 

No worries at all Gail. I totally understand and didn’t ray to meet up with anyone despite the time with the hassle of security and Pearson.

I’ll make the best of it as much as I can.  You can bet that my thread will be updated then 😉 

• Like 8

10 hours ago, kazu said:

Ugh Jacqui, I feel for you. We’re in the last 2 hours of our 4 hour layover and I’m now thinking it’s nothing. Hope you can find a nice lounge to lounge in☺️

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kazu said:

We didn't know what real chocolate was until we had real Belgian chocolate on the shuttle ride from Zeebrugge to Bruges during a port call in 2011.... best ever!  You really can't go wrong there for chocolate. 🫠

• Like 4

Good day from the Saint John Airport (aka the Mickey Mouse airport).

But for this flight I won’t be on the usual puddle hopper (prop planes).

Will be a real plane.  I think they have cut out so many flights here they had to put on the bigger one to accommodate people.

Ivan (my new senior) is settled in my neighbour’s home and shadowing her LOL and got his injection today.  So, he should be in fine form while I am away.

I know I said I had a 7 hour layover.  Turns out Air Canada has made me a liar.  “Due to an operational issue” the flight is delayed by another 2 hours and 30 minutes.  GRRR.   I will DEFINITELY be able to get all my Meet and Greet invites addressed in that time span.

Oh and they changed the seat I had booked a year ago to one I would never do.  GRRR.  I’ll just have to make the best of it somehow.  The longest layover I’ve ever done is 7.5 hours with DD DH and we swore we wouldn’t do it again.  It will be what it will be I guess.  

On the bright side, I won’t have as long a wait at the hotel for my room.  Just trying to find that silver lining 😉 

Assuming they let me in, I have the famous Signature Lounge at Pearson.  Hope there’s not a time limit 🤞. I’ll post some pics and menus if people like.  It’s supposed to be something.

• Like 18

Hi @kazu, Jacqui,

I am late to the thread but how exciting for you! What a great trip.

Safe travels and Bon Voyage....🛳️ 

That is not fun that you have a long lay-over and they changed your seat! So sorry.

Have a great flight, I will be following along.

Caron 😊

• Like 3