Land & Sea - LIVE (nearly) from Amsterdam and ms Rotterdam 15 day Atlantic Sojourn - October 7th, 2023

kazu

I have visited Haarlem 4 times and much prefer it over Amsterdam. One stay was three days, two days were from barge cruises [anchored right by the market square for one day] - I recognize all your picture locations. Thank you for the remembrances. 

I hope you have a great cruise. Bon voyage.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kazu said:

The tub has already been noted.  They do that for previous bookers.  They didn’t realize I had been before until I asked what happened to the luggage elevator.

Last night they asked when and were perplexed they didn’t have a note.  I told them it would have been under Jose’s name and there it was.

Shift is changing and the lovely lady came up to bid me farewell and she said “bathtub” is noted for next time.

Have to tell you I have the “Paris” bag again that you made (hoping 3 times is the charm) and I have had so MANY compliments on it.  Everyone asks to see it and admire your exquisite workmanship.

My goodness, thank you for telling me people like the tote bag. Paris isn’t far off as the floral border is a French velvet ribbon. 

Glad the hotel has cleared up the missing tub!  Now what happened to the luggage elevator?

Bon Voyage tomorrow and enjoy!

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

My goodness, thank you for telling me people like the tote bag. Paris isn’t far off as the floral border is a French velvet ribbon. 

Glad the hotel has cleared up the missing tub!  Now what happened to the luggage elevator?

Bon Voyage tomorrow and enjoy!

I asked about the luggage elevator.  I thought it was the best invention since sliced bread 😂 

Seriously - it broke and they could find no one that had the talent to fix it. They are the only hotel in Amsterdam to have one, I believe.   It was sent back and still could not be repaired.

They are hoping to find a new, more reliable one but it seems that the market for them has dried up and finding them is not easy or at least, getting this one repaired.

They will happily help you with your luggage up the stairs though with it not now there.

I stupidly  told the cab driver not to worry - just put it by the door and I would get my luggage up - I didn’t know the elevator was gone.  thankfully kind cruising friends I know were worried about me being so late and watching for me.  Before I could even blink or spot him he was at my side to help with the luggage.

I am truly blessed with all you  wonderful people Jose and I have been lucky enough to  meet and get to know who have been  so truly  kind and caring and have been so generous and helpful to me. ♥️ 

• Like 28

We are thinking of staying at the Banks Mansion in April. Could you tell me if the hotel has an elevator?  And if so why did you have to carry your luggage up?  

have a great cruise. Looking forward to your day to day report. 

• Like 3

Kazu I am so happy you are sharing such thoughtful details in this trip report. I’m getting more excited for my own cruise and time in Amsterdam and Haarlem next May!  I’m in a “Cosy” canal view room at Banks also and the room looks plenty roomy for me!!  Thank you!  

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Holly g said:

We are thinking of staying at the Banks Mansion in April. Could you tell me if the hotel has an elevator?  And if so why did you have to carry your luggage up?  

I'm not Kazu but yes, there is a small elevator to take you to your room, and down to the breakfast room.  The luggage elevator, that I think Kazu was referring to, was a short escalator so that you could "walk" your luggage from the street level, up the few (I think about five) steps to the lobby level of the hotel.  It was a cool thing to use and I'm sad to hear that it's gone.

We, too, loved the Banks Mansion when we stayed there in 2018.  It was lovely to see the pics and relive our memories.  Thank you, Kazu!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Holly g said:

The is indeed an elevator.

There are steps (around 5) at the entrance to the hotel.  Thar’s where the little gadget was that you could put your luggage on.  Staff will help with luggage if needed.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, oakridger said:

Kazu I am so happy you are sharing such thoughtful details in this trip report. I’m getting more excited for my own cruise and time in Amsterdam and Haarlem next May!  I’m in a “Cosy” canal view room at Banks also and the room looks plenty roomy for me!!  Thank you!  

Rooms are not all the same size Nancy.  Mine  is larger than I expected.  I know some are smaller.  

I actually have a bit of canal view (not that I need it - the library has a lovely view).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Bon voyage.  
I am So hoping third time lucky.

The book club is a fabulous idea. I read the hiding place ages ago.  

So looking forward to traveling with you vicariously. 

Your hotel looks lovely 

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 8

We are all on board and had a busy, great sail a way get together.

Nice to put faces to names and what a fabulous roll call we have.

Had problems getting internet for a while but now all seems good.  :Hoping it stays that way 🤞. Colin @VMax1700 reported great internet so I’m hopeful.

Boarding was as smooth as glass. My boarding time was 12:30 - hotel check out at 11.  Someone stole our 10:45 cab so we took their 11 😂 

Arrived at the port, luggage loaded and easily got to check in where priority was honoured for us all and we proceeded to board.  On board lickety split.  Well organized- smooth as silk.  Cabin ready, chatted with CC friend for a bit at the Sea View Pool after getting my specialty dining fixed 🤞 

Interestingly enough - the specialty podium sent me to Guest Services.  that’s OK - had the CO line so quick and easy and an officer assured me it would be attended to.

When I nipped back to my cabin at 2’ish, my luggage was sitting on the bed waiting.  I have never seen so many hangers in a closet ever on a ship.  I will give them some back to takeaway.  Quick unpack and back to the Sea view pool to prep for sail away.  Probably missed some good pics with name tags and chatting. But I will try for a few.  And then, I should eat 😉 

Nice sail away.  Nice group of people.  Life is good on board. 🙂 

• Like 33