New items back on MDR menu?

NMTraveller

My Feb 3 cruise on Refl has menus that include return of both lobster and prime rib nights. They have, however, regularly reappeared and disappeared over the past year.

"Believe it when you can eat it" has to be the MDR motto, I think.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Unless your cruise starts tomorrow I wouldn’t get excited.

To see the current menus on the app go to Browse Our Ships, select your ship and then select the current sailing.

There you can see what the menus are.

It has been reported that menus are going to change in the next month.  My next cruise reflects these menu changes.  The current cruises do not.

• Like 1

We have a cruise at the end of the month.  The MDR menus have added a few starters but the classics still rotate.  
I didn’t see tilapia either but lamb t-bone caught my eye.  I have never seen a lamb t-bone anywhere

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We have a cruise at the end of the month.  The MDR menus have added a few starters but the classics still rotate.  
I didn’t see tilapia either but lamb t-bone caught my eye.  I have never seen a lamb t-bone anywhere

It's not a bad cut.  We use to get it when living in Ireland.    Like a T-Bone -  small filet portion with most of it being from the Loin.    They basically butcher it like cow.

Surprisingly when we were on Ponant they had a Tenderloin of Lamb -  basically a long Filet Mignon of Lamb-  It was incredible. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It's not a bad cut.  We use to get it when living in Ireland.    Like a T-Bone -  small filet portion with most of it being from the Loin.    They basically butcher it like cow.

Surprisingly when we were on Ponant they had a Tenderloin of Lamb -  basically a long Filet Mignon of Lamb-  It was incredible. 

Aloha. I generally buy all my meat from a butcher who only sells prime beef and he does provide the lamb TBone. Also his prime rib is spectacular lol

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I am definitely seeing more menu items on the menu.

Tilapia is also missing from the menu.  Which is a plus in my opinion.

I definitely like the new menu better than the previous one.

Tilapia still on the Silhouette 

IMG_5638.png

Just checked the Silly TA menus….not exciting!  DH usually orders 2 shrimp cocktails for an appetizer when we eat on MDR.  I would suspect that even though they aren’t on the appetizer menu for each day, they can still be ordered.  Any thoughts on that?

1 hour ago, LouChamp said:

Aloha. I generally buy all my meat from a butcher who only sells prime beef and he does provide the lamb TBone. Also his prime rib is spectacular lol

My father was a butcher but he didn't like lamb so I guess that is why I never saw it.  He brought home filet's and rib eye steaks since a portion of his pay was in pounds of meat vs $.  He never brought home chicken, fish or hamburger :).

10 minutes ago, jelayne said:

My father was a butcher but he didn't like lamb so I guess that is why I never saw it.  He brought home filet's and rib eye steaks since a portion of his pay was in pounds of meat vs $.  He never brought home chicken, fish or hamburger :).

Aloha. A smart man your dad! All the best.

I've been closely following the MDR menus for Reflection in preparation for my upcoming cruise.  I recorded the entire weeks menus on Day 1 for the current cruise.( I've been doing this for several weeks now)  I've then been re-checking the menus daily and the Executive Chef has been making modifications to the menus as recently as of the day of service, adding additional entrées or appetizers or substituting out items. You can never fully trust the menu until you sit down at the table.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dreamer321 said:

I've been closely following the MDR menus for Reflection in preparation for my upcoming cruise.  I recorded the entire weeks menus on Day 1 for the current cruise.( I've been doing this for several weeks now)  I've then been re-checking the menus daily and the Executive Chef has been making modifications to the menus as recently as of the day of service, adding additional entrées or appetizers or substituting out items. You can never fully trust the menu until you sit down at the table.

We are seeing day of changes on the current Solstice sailing

Yes the menu has been quite different the second half of this Solstice cruise but at 17 nights I dont know if it’s due to the length snd scarcity of ingredients. But there have been some welcome changes. Still non existent appetizers and sides but the main protein is at least a bit more interesting. 

Edited by tigervixxxen

5 hours ago, cruisinsusin said:

We are seeing day of changes on the current Solstice sailing

We are just off the Millennium. We were on the ship on a B2B for 26 days. We too experienced day of changes for the MDR dinner menu. For example, lamb t-bone was on the menu in the App up until the actual day it was to be served. Then that item was substituted for roast lamb. Roast lamb was served several times on each the 14 days and 12 days sailings. Note - the night of the switch the roast lamb was only available medium or medium-well.

We learned during the two cruises to not depend on the MDR dinner menus posted in the App to make decisions ahead of time about our dinner appetizer, main course, and/or dessert choices.

10 hours ago, FolsomMike said:

How far in advance can you generally see the specific menus for a cruise?

I am on a cruise now and when I check the menu at noon each day and then compare it to the evening meal, changes happen that quickly.  Items come and go during the day

• Like 2