🐾 🐾  Sea Dog gets Wet, a "Soggy Adventure LIVE" 10-21-23

Sea Dog

48 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We really noticed a change in that all the food is smaller portions. Linda’s NY Strip Steak was barely 1/2 inch, pathetic. My chocolate donut at breakfast was even smaller and same with the hash browns.

On Jewel last month we didn't even bother going to the MDR on Lobster Night, we knew we would be disappointed we  just did another night at the Windjammer. Went around 7:15 after the rush died down and had a nice peaceful dinner.

Always see the cruise director and some of their staff in there at that time since that is when they eat after the 7pm show starts.

The whole thing about eating/ordering one entree at a time in the MDR is like they are treating us like children. 😞  is crazy.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 7

43 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

While we were on our B2B, perhaps it was the first week of our cruise before our Bella cruise began.  We also still had stateroom service 2 times a day on our first week.🤔 But we were definitely offered (and accepted) the 2nd tail.

We had our stateroom serviced 2x daily on Bella.  However, we were not offered a 2nd lobster tail. 

We usually shower twice daily.  Not sure if we should get morning or afternoon (night?) service.  Either way we'll have wet towels in the bathroom until they can be replaced and yes we like fresh towels with every shower.  

What time do they usually make the room up in the afternoon?

• Like 1

Some food pics from Quantum. Three nights I was brought multiple entrees at the same time. I only ordered a second one on lobster night. Not sure why I got special treatment. It was our 30th Anniversary. But I think it has more to do with the limited number of top tier on the cruise. We are Diamond and got a free backstage tour of the show area on the last sea day. 

IMG_9137.jpeg

IMG_9460.jpeg

IMG_9461.jpeg

IMG_9814.jpeg

IMG_9815.jpeg

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

On Jewel last month we didn't even bother going to the MDR on Lobster Night, we knew we would be disappointed we  just did another night at the Windjammer. Went around 7:15 after the rush died down and had a nice peaceful dinner.

Always see the cruise director and some of their staff in there at that time since that is when they eat after the 7pm show starts.

The whole thing about eating/ordering one entree at a time in the MDR is like they are treating us like children. 😞  is crazy.

Jack ordered 2 shrimp cocktails and had to wait quite a bit after the 1st one came out for the 2nd one to appear.  Way after he was finished with the 1st one.  Wouldn't the wait staff save time if both were served together?  I don't enjoy eating by their rules.

• Like 6

Revenge of the Lobsters.

So after getting my teeny, weeny lobster tail last night in the MDR I was looking forward to lunch at the beach club with the gang and getting a  lobster at CocoCay Beach Club.

IMG_3554.thumb.jpeg.b2e9a32b9229b9e431acb059afcd8ffb.jpeg

We end up having a guest with us.

IMG_3555.thumb.jpeg.51cb18defe2bce63d22642eb9779bc87.jpeg

We got the usual appetizers then came the surf and turf.

IMG_3563.thumb.jpeg.cb5cb7a1419907e056bcb6739b6dc604.jpeg

The steak and lobster were excellent. Then came a great surprise. More lobsters.

IMG_3558.thumb.jpeg.d3a9cb93d756f08614a1e88656c4c9d2.jpeg

One plate of two. Then came another.

IMG_3559.thumb.jpeg.15b936194e0d720bb139f897bb1856a0.jpeg

IMG_3560.thumb.jpeg.310b0234e5e63e38a9cd9615a9b6dd6c.jpeg

Everyone was happy.

IMG_3561.thumb.jpeg.4113089e63d25f425efbb536f024267f.jpeg

I ended up with three. Each one had twice the amount of meat as the one in the MDR. I was happy as a clam…oh I mean lobster.

IMG_3562.thumb.jpeg.3e22137813f2202790fefdfc67cd2af3.jpeg

Finish off with a delicious chocolate brownie and I full and satisfied. Perfect lunch for a perfect day.

• Like 28

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

The problem is not extra towels but being in the cabin with wet towels on the bathroom floor for an extended time.  Yuck.  Space in there is small enough.  

Yes I realized that was your problem which was why i deleted.

I would just hang them over the clothes line or I actually carry a folding laundry hanger so they weren’t lying around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Since Dolly wrote it, she sings it with deep emotion.

I got 2 lobster tails since Jack doesn't eat lobster.  They do seem to get smaller and smaller.  

I love the version of Jolene with Dolly singing it with Miley Cyrus. Miley’s voice adds a blues-y quality that is great with the song. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So after getting my teeny, weeny lobster tail last night in the MDR I was looking forward to lunch at the beach club with the gang and getting a  lobster at CocoCay Beach Club

Now that food looks really good.   Looks like you had a nice day to be there.

• Like 3

Just seeing this thread now and skimming through it quickly.  Happy Anniversary.  It was wonderful meeting you on the March cruise we did together.  Hopefully, our paths will cross again.  Til then, have a drink for me (I am sure you already did that) and have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Now that food looks really good.   Looks like you had a nice day to be there.

Food was fantastic. We lucked out on the weather. A little windy on the beach but the beach club was nice and clam as it has a lot of trees around it.

24 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

Just seeing this thread now and skimming through it quickly.  Happy Anniversary.  It was wonderful meeting you on the March cruise we did together.  Hopefully, our paths will cross again.  Til then, have a drink for me (I am sure you already did that) and have a wonderful cruise.

Wish you were here with us.

23 minutes ago, laurieal said:

The food looks delicious!

Are there paved paths on Coco Cay or is it just sand everywhere?

(now I have to go and make my own dinner and it's making me a little sad)

Moat of it is sand but there are some paved areas. There are trans that take people around the island too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We had our stateroom serviced 2x daily on Bella.  However, we were not offered a 2nd lobster tail. 

We usually shower twice daily.  Not sure if we should get morning or afternoon (night?) service.  Either way we'll have wet towels in the bathroom until they can be replaced and yes we like fresh towels with every shower.  

What time do they usually make the room up in the afternoon?

We usually shower before dinner and we eat at the first seating of traditional dining, usually 5:30 pm. 

We ask for night service for 530ish.   Our guy was there every night as we're leaving for dinner so towels didn't sit on floor for long.

I don't think they do afternoon room cleaning.  I think it is morning or evening.  Just ask your room Stewart for preferred time when you first meet them.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, laurieal said:

The food looks delicious!

Are there paved paths on Coco Cay or is it just sand everywhere?

(now I have to go and make my own dinner and it's making me a little sad)

The beach club has a lot of pavers to make easy access for all.  You can take tram from the dock directly to the beach club.

I love the towels at the beach club, much better than standard blue towels onboard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Wish you were here with us.

Wish we could be, but this annoying thing called work/employment keeps getting in the way of my travel time.  One day....

We have not been on the Adventure yet (one booked but cancelled due to the Covid shut down - 12 hours before boarding was to occur).  Loved Tortola and wished RCCL went there more often.  Had our last planned visit there in 2017, but hurricane Maria had something to say about that.  Have not been to St. Croix yet either, but look forward to it on our New Year 2024/25 cruise on the Adventure (fingers crossed).

Our next RCCL cruise is not til next summer on part of the world cruise.  I do not suppose you are on that one, are you?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@Sea Dog  What was the cost of the Beach Club and that Meal per person you  had  today?

We had a great price of $79 pp for our September cruise.  We, also, had a couple of lobsters and filet mignon.   Delicious!!

My next sailing beach club is selling for $179 pp.   No thank you.   Love the area but not worth that much, IMO.

Hope to see Black Friday sales figure people are going to want to check out new Adult only beach area so beach club sales May  happen.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a great price of $79 pp for our September cruise.  We, also, had a couple of lobsters and filet mignon.   Delicious!!

My next sailing beach club is selling for $179 pp.   No thank you.   Love the area but not worth that much, IMO.

Hope to see Black Friday sales figure people are going to want to check out new Adult only beach area so beach club sales May  happen.

Is that food cooked on the island or brought from the ship? Where are those Lobsters from?

11 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My next two that go there are $206.99 and $286.99 per person for the beach club day pass.  Not going to happen with those crazy prices.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1