🐾 🐾  Sea Dog gets Wet, a "Soggy Adventure LIVE" 10-21-23

Sea Dog

Greg, did those dreaded good bye tags appear?

I have really enjoyed this so much. Thank you!

@mo&fran And Francis, so happy to see you in a picture. You look fantastic. Sorry, I think I forgot to acknowledge that before, in all the excitement of reading this thread.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Greg, did those dreaded good bye tags appear?

I have really enjoyed this so much. Thank you!

@mo&fran And Francis, so happy to see you in a picture. You look fantastic. Sorry, I think I forgot to acknowledge that before, in all the excitement of reading this thread.

Yes I didn’t take a picture of those tags staring at me on the bed. Thanks for following along. Stay tuned for the next couple of days for more material.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

That's about what I have too on a sailing ... $40. I believe food is extra charge. Kept it for now but I'd watch for the Beach Club.

I know we will not do Hideaway on the sailing the grandkids are along, but even those prices are twice what you are getting.   Here are some of those other crazy prices.

IMG_6410.thumb.jpeg.3023560b56c62ef47c4f0bcf728e5ade.jpeg

IMG_6411.thumb.jpeg.456bff2c3e40592fb85398387d2b9b80.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, h20skibum said:

I know we will not do Hideaway on the sailing the grandkids are along, but even those prices are twice what you are getting.   Here are some of those other crazy prices.

IMG_6410.thumb.jpeg.3023560b56c62ef47c4f0bcf728e5ade.jpeg

IMG_6411.thumb.jpeg.456bff2c3e40592fb85398387d2b9b80.jpeg

😨😨😨 OMG! But what is more OMG is that people seem to be paying!!!!!

• Like 9

The Key Farewell Breakfast.

IMG_3636.thumb.jpeg.9b339e3b004e3ca22db5255ac5859756.jpeg

One of things I like about The Key is their fairwell breakfast. They have some better menu choices than the average MDR menu including Steak and Eggs with a Filet and a Crab Benedict. We arrived at 8am and will have a leisurely breakfast before departing.

Got have my last chocolate donut 

IMG_3637.thumb.jpeg.e28d6a1136cac064c86ecdb516f0ceb7.jpeg

Crab Benedict which was very good.

IMG_3639.thumb.jpeg.4d10511559969b4383ea02f22b82af18.jpeg

and French Toast

IMG_3640.thumb.jpeg.f4a376c484b18c6baffaf390178b2b99.jpeg

Jennifer and Dave were there too having a good breakfast. We said our goodbyes until we meet again. I can’t tell you how much I love them.

I did not document departure with photos since I need to concentrate. Departure was fast and we did not even look for the Key departure point. They just said deck 4 midship which was where we were at. No huge lines, easy peasy.

I snagged a very friendly female porter who took us straight to a Chevy Escapade Taxi. Our Taxi driver from Haiti was very friendly also. Must be a set amount as it was $40. No meter was running.

Final thoughts once we are in the air.

• Like 20

Sitting at the airport in FLL after a fabulous cruise on Adventure with our cruise family @Momof3gurlz, @Dadof3gurlz, @Sea Dog and Linda, @Husky1987 and Andi.  We shared lots of laughs and good conversations.  We were blessed with some really awesome weather as opposed to the forecasted weather not looking so good in the weeks prior.  Now we did have some definite “motion in the ocean” and the dreaded “bags” appeared in the stairways but it did not dampen our fun.  

Our excursion to Jost Van Dyke was simply the best and our last day at Coco Beach Club was perfection!  As we were the only ship in yesterday, it was very relaxing.  Also several ships couldn’t make it last week so we lucked out!  

The captain, Captain Jarett, was amazing.  He came up to the Diamond/Crown lounge at night and we had some great conversations with him.  So personable!  

As for dining, we did the 3 night package and the MDR for the other 4 nights.  We did MTD and were able to sit in the same section on those nights.  Our head waiter, waiter and assistant were fantastic!  

This morning we enjoyed the relaxing Key breakfast, walked right off and into a taxi straight to airport, and breezed thru security.  Couldn’t have been more efficient and faster.

Now we have to brace for some cold temps when we get home, ughh 😞.

Next cruise up is Beyond in March with @Luckynana and @PompeySailor!!

• Like 17

3 hours ago, mo&fran said:

When I get home next Saturday, I have 2 Dr appts on Monday, one to get my feeding tube removed. The other is to the oncologist for bloodwork.

So happy for you that your feeding tube will be coming out at last!  How did you do eating this week?   Were you able to finally eat some bread?  Enjoy the following cruise, Fran!

3 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Glad you had a great cruise, Greg. Hope the stomach issues calm down. Safe travels to all of you! Thanks for sharing!!!

I also hope your stomach issues calm down, Greg!  Safe travels today.  What day is your knee replacement scheduled for?  @Sea Dog

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

So happy for you that your feeding tube will be coming out at last!  How did you do eating this week?   Were you able to finally eat some bread?  Enjoy the following cruise, Fran!

I also hope your stomach issues calm down, Greg!  Safe travels today.  What day is your knee replacement scheduled for?  @Sea Dog

Next Friday. So I have until then to have the feeling of bone. After that it will be all metal. Let the pain and fun begin.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I loved your review @Sea Dog,  It helped me survive another week of waiting for my next cruise.  I've only got 43 days left to get through till the next one.  Looking forward to your wrap up and last videos... You do such a great job with them.

Thanks Dave! You doing a review?? I hope 43 days go by real fast. Have a great cruise.

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Dave! You doing a review?? I hope 43 days go by real fast. Have a great cruise.

I was thinking about doing a "live". We're B2B but on the first one we'll have DD and her family along.  I'm thinking I'll go live for week two when I don't have GK's taking up my time.  Maybe a live with a look back on the preceding week each day corresponding to the current day.  We'll see...

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Nothing more I can add that I haven't posted before.  Can't improve on perfection.  Hope all have a safe trip home.  Greg, I hope your tummy is more settled.  I'm looking forward to your wrap up.

Good luck in advance with your  2nd knee replacement.  I hope your recuperation is less painful than the 1st one.  You can do this successfully!  Onward to your next cruise feeling invigorated and pain free.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Sitting at the airport in FLL after a fabulous cruise on Adventure with our cruise family @Momof3gurlz, @Dadof3gurlz, @Sea Dog and Linda, @Husky1987 and Andi.  We shared lots of laughs and good conversations.  We were blessed with some really awesome weather as opposed to the forecasted weather not looking so good in the weeks prior.  Now we did have some definite “motion in the ocean” and the dreaded “bags” appeared in the stairways but it did not dampen our fun.  

Our excursion to Jost Van Dyke was simply the best and our last day at Coco Beach Club was perfection!  As we were the only ship in yesterday, it was very relaxing.  Also several ships couldn’t make it last week so we lucked out!  

The captain, Captain Jarett, was amazing.  He came up to the Diamond/Crown lounge at night and we had some great conversations with him.  So personable!  

As for dining, we did the 3 night package and the MDR for the other 4 nights.  We did MTD and were able to sit in the same section on those nights.  Our head waiter, waiter and assistant were fantastic!  

This morning we enjoyed the relaxing Key breakfast, walked right off and into a taxi straight to airport, and breezed thru security.  Couldn’t have been more efficient and faster.

Now we have to brace for some cold temps when we get home, ughh 😞.

Next cruise up is Beyond in March with @Luckynana and @PompeySailor!!

You nailed it Jennifer! 
I haven’t posted much this week because we were busy having too much fun!
Our Jost Van Dyke stop and charter was one if the best cruise days I’ve ever had.  A big thank you to Greg @Sea Dog for doing the research and coordinating it all.  It was wonderful to finally meet Larry @Husky1987 and Andi. 
I can only hope Andy and I are fortunate enough to sail again with this wonderful group of people!

• Like 15

8 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I was thinking about doing a "live". We're B2B but on the first one we'll have DD and her family along.  I'm thinking I'll go live for week two when I don't have GK's taking up my time.  Maybe a live with a look back on the preceding week each day corresponding to the current day.  We'll see...

Yes please enjoy yourself. I don’t regret doing a live review but it is a lot of work. Thanks to everyone for being so positive and supportive it really kept me going.

4 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Nothing more I can add that I haven't posted before.  Can't improve on perfection.  Hope all have a safe trip home.  Greg, I hope your tummy is more settled.  I'm looking forward to your wrap up.

Good luck in advance with your  2nd knee replacement.  I hope your recuperation is less painful than the 1st one.  You can do this successfully!  Onward to your next cruise feeling invigorated and pain free.

Thanks Bonnie. I’m hopeful that my second go around will be better than my first.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

You nailed it Jennifer! 
I haven’t posted much this week because we were busy having too much fun!
Our Jost Van Dyke stop and charter was one if the best cruise days I’ve ever had.  A big thank you to Greg @Sea Dog for doing the research and coordinating it all.  It was wonderful to finally meet Larry @Husky1987 and Andi. 
I can only hope Andy and I are fortunate enough to sail again with this wonderful group of people!

Let’s make it happen. I loved our little group. Safe travels wished for you and Andy. I loved being with you and sharing in some incredible memories. I love you guys and can’t till we cruise again together.

• Like 2

Safe travels, @Sea Dog, Greg and Linda, @jmh2006, Jen and Dave, @Momof3gurlz, Deb and Andy, and @Husky1987 and Andi.

Thank you for taking us along, I loved all of the videos and pictures, Greg, most especially loved the pictures of you all together.  Wish I had been with you all.  Reading your blog was the next best thing to being there.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Jimbo said:

@Sea Dog  What was the cost of the Beach Club and that Meal per person you  had  today?

I just looked at my invoice. We paid $ 165 per person for Beach Club which includes the meal.  And they were VERY generous with the food. There are appetizer platters of shrimp cocktail, ceviche and tzatziki, hummus and baba ganouch served with veggies & pita bread. In addition to the extra lobster tails our waiter brought out, he also served us an extra plate of just the cocktail shrimp.  

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I just looked at my invoice. We paid $ 165 per person for Beach Club which includes the meal.  And they were VERY generous with the food. There are appetizer platters of shrimp cocktail, ceviche and tzatziki, hummus and baba ganouch served with veggies & pita bread. In addition to the extra lobster tails our waiter brought out, he also served us an extra plate of just the cocktail shrimp.  

I paid the same as you Deb.  Not only do you get a good quantity but the food is delicious!

• Like 3

Some Final Thoughts.

Adventure of the Seas:

Adventure is in great shape. Sure its interior is a bit dated. Yes there are some cosmetic rust spots but I love this ship. Like I said at the top of the review, Adventure has special memories for me as our first Royal Caribbean ship. It definitely will not be our last.

Internet:

I was pleasantly surprised for the most part. Starlink makes a big difference. I would love to see repeaters in every room to help the signal. Most of you read my speed tests from the balcony to opening the cabin door. It was great just being off the library as the signal strength was good there.

MDR:

Much discussion was had over the disaster that is My Time Dining. It’s no longer my “My Time” it’s “Royal’s My Time.” Here is what I think they should do. For MTD, don’t have one level for My Time have MTD on all 3 levels.  One area for ones who want reservations another for not. Then have on each level areas for traditional early and traditional late.  That way no one dining room is overwhelmed. I watched several times between each sitting everyone get up and leave and the staff has to scramble to get the room turned over. You could also adjust let’s say if more people want early dining than late. By being flexible on all 3 dining levels it gives you more options. Just my two cents. As far as the new menus I am not a fan.

Specialty Restaurants:

Every Specialty Restaurant we ate was very good. No bad meals. Highlights were Giovanni’s with their great food, and wonderful staff and Chops which always makes a good steak. They need some new sides however. Izumi for lunch was awesome with the Sake and Sushi pairing.

Even CocoCay’s Beach Club with their restaurant was incredible. If you want surf and turf, come here. With a marinated flame grilled filet which they can’t do on the ship the Veach club could arguably have the best steak. Combine that with a Caribbean lobster and extras if you want it is my kind of place.

Bars:

I love the Schooner Bar but as the week went on it was getting increasingly crowded. I do really like the cocktails on their new menus.

Sorry Joe @cruisingpeople I wasn’t all that impressed with Yulia the bartender in the Schooner Bar. No personality and she looked like she tired and bored . I had to wait a lot to get her attention even with sea pass card and dollar bills in hand. Maybe she thought you were cute. Me not so much. Favorite cocktails were the Toasted Marshmallow Old Fashioned at Schooner and the Caipirinha in Boleros. Jennifer’s husband Dave turned me on to Bacardi 8 year and Diet Coke.

Guest Services:

Guest Services. Great resolutions . We had an unknown $20 charge as a tip in the Beach Club but we paid the tip in cash. The guest service person took the charge right off with no questions asked.

I’m sure I will think of something else. Stay tuned.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Some Final Thoughts.

Adventure of the Seas:

Adventure is in great shape. Sure its interior is a bit dated. Yes there are some cosmetic rust spots but I love this ship. Like I said at the top of the review, Adventure has special memories for me as our first Royal Caribbean ship. It definitely will not be our last.

Internet:

I was pleasantly surprised for the most part. Starlink makes a big difference. I would love to see repeaters in every room to help the signal. Most of you read my speed tests from the balcony to opening the cabin door. It was great just being off the library as the signal strength was good there.

MDR:

Much discussion was had over the disaster that is My Time Dining. It’s no longer my “My Time” it’s “Royal’s My Time.” Here is what I think they should do. For MTD, don’t have one level for My Time have MTD on all 3 levels.  One area for ones who want reservations another for not. Then have on each level areas for traditional early and traditional late.  That way no one dining room is overwhelmed. I watched several times between each sitting everyone get up and leave and the staff has to scramble to get the room turned over. You could also adjust let’s say if more people want early dining than late. By being flexible on all 3 dining levels it gives you more options. Just my two cents. As far as the new menus I am not a fan.

Specialty Restaurants:

Every Specialty Restaurant we ate was very good. No bad meals. Highlights were Giovanni’s with their great food, and wonderful staff and Chops which always makes a good steak. They need some new sides however. Izumi for lunch was awesome with the Sake and Sushi pairing.

Even CocoCay’s Beach Club with their restaurant was incredible. If you want surf and turf, come here. With a marinated flame grilled filet which they can’t do on the ship the Veach club could arguably have the best steak. Combine that with a Caribbean lobster and extras if you want it is my kind of place.

Bars:

I love the Schooner Bar but as the week went on it was getting increasingly crowded. I do really like the cocktails on their new menus.

Sorry Joe @cruisingpeople I wasn’t all that impressed with Yulia the bartender in the Schooner Bar. No personality and she looked like she tired and bored . I had to wait a lot to get her attention even with sea pass card and dollar bills in hand. Maybe she thought you were cute. Me not so much. Favorite cocktails were the Toasted Marshmallow Old Fashioned at Schooner and the Caipirinha in Boleros. Jennifer’s husband Dave turned me on to Bacardi 8 year and Diet Coke.

Guest Services:

Guest Services. Great resolutions . We had an unknown $20 charge as a tip in the Beach Club but we paid the tip in cash. The guest service person took the charge right off with no questions asked.

I’m sure I will think of something else. Stay tuned.

Thanks for taking us along on your cruise. Enjoyed it.

When you have a moment you may want to consider Emailing the letter about the DL/CL you posted in this thread (spot on) to RCG and the CAS. It's great to vent on CC but needs to be escalated. 

• Like 2