🐾 🐾  Sea Dog gets Wet, a "Soggy Adventure LIVE" 10-21-23

Sea Dog

6 minutes ago, doghog said:

Agree. Same experience on our March Apex cruise. I made reservations in my CP pre cruise for Select Dining, 6:PM and once onboard we were advised the reservation wasn't valid at any of the four MDRs.  Still went at 6:PM and requested the same two top each night (we decided to eat in the same MDR and order from the different menus) with no problem. All the E class ships run their four MDRs the same and it does work. The S & M class ships still do the TD and SD. 

That sounds like the dynamic dining that was supposed to be on Quantum , but didn't seem to work out, at least as far as I know. Never been on that ship.

4 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

That sounds like the dynamic dining that was supposed to be on Quantum , but didn't seem to work out, at least as far as I know. Never been on that ship.

Never did RCs dynamic dining. It worked out for us on Celebrity. No line when we would show up for our 6:PM time but when leaving each evening (7:30ish) there was a line. Probably (?) the same for the other three MDRs. 

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

A reduction in beverages might have helped to avoid the hot pepper sauce incident, but I think the readers enjoyed the description of how it happened. 

Greg has sacrificed on a few different fronts for his virtual guests. 

We appreciate so very much his sacrifice for the cause. Greg is a noble man.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I do, could that be a factor?

I can tell you that the BP med I was on caused edema in my feet, even if I wasn’t drinking.  The doc took me off that one, and the new one has a mild diuretic in it. My feet haven’t swollen since then. I suggest letting your doc know that you are getting edema and ask if your BP med could be factoring in.  

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

I can tell you that the BP med I was on caused edema in my feet, even if I wasn’t drinking.  The doc took me off that one, and the new one has a mild diuretic in it. My feet haven’t swollen since then. I suggest letting your doc know that you are getting edema and ask if your BP med could be factoring in.  

My blood pressure medicine does have a diuretic in it. I was on another blood pressure Med that was causing swelling and he switched me to another. May need to try something else.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

14 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

My blood pressure medicine does have a diuretic in it. I was on another blood pressure Med that was causing swelling and he switched me to another. May need to try something else.

Amlodipine (Norvasc) is pretty notorious for causing ankle edema (swelling).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I take Amlodipine Besylate 5mg. I never have any problems with edema until I go on a cruise. Then it happens every time. Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I take Amlodipine Besylate 5mg. I never have any problems with edema until I go on a cruise. Then it happens every time. Thoughts?

I think it may be that Amlodipine lowers your threshhold for edema and the food, drinking, and activity on the ship may tip you over the edge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think it may be that Amlodipine lowers your thresh for edema and the food, drinking, and activity on the ship may tip you over the edge.

Thank you that makes sense. I will talk to my doctor and see if I can take something else when I go on a cruise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Amlodipine was what did it to me. I never dealt with edema in the ankles before that, except for long flights.

@Sea Dog, Hope you are able to get the swelling under control. And that the knee surgery goes extremely well! 🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, George C said:

I had similar issues after last two cruises, doctor told me to take potassium pills will definitely take them with me , we sail in a month on harmony.

Definitely interested in how they work for you.  My feet swelled so badly on a back2back, I couldn’t get my shoes on.  (Had to wear cheap flip flops everywhere).  We have a 13 day coming in January so hopefully will not have a repeat issue.   Thanks for the suggestion. 

Edited by ValerieJo
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yeah I have a 10 day on Celebrity Beyond in April. It does worry me.

Stay away from tap water, ice tea or lemonade on a cruise. Google or Youtube " how to dry  brush" I put on Eliemis oil and start brushing up from my toes, front and back of legs,  all the way up my body to my heart and then down from neck to heart, it helps with circulation.  I would do it after showering and before bed it has helped me with swelling.

Edited by Lorey2007
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I do, could that be a factor?

You might ask your MD if you could take something like Lasix? To ease any stress to your heart? My dh has a pacemaker and has to be on Lasix daily; I'm not sure if it can be used occasionally such as when traveling. He's also on potassium three times a day.

Please take special care of yourself; you matter a lot to us; you're irreplaceable.

Edited by Etta1213
  • Like 7