5th E-Class ship, Xcel, debuts Nov 2025, sails out Fort Lauderdale and offers alternating 7 night Caribbean itineraries

NutsAboutGolf

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2023/11/celebrity-xcel-named-as-next-ship-for-celebrity-cruises/

"Celebrity Cruises announced today that the fifth ship in its Edge Series will be named Celebrity Xcel, and will debut in 2025. The company previously announced the ship would be methanol ready.

The reveal was made at Chantiers de l’Atlantique shipyard in Saint-Nazaire, France, as executives from both Royal Caribbean Group and the yard celebrated the steel cutting.

“The Edge Series has shattered preconceived notions of cruising, and I am thrilled to announce our next bold step as a brand with Celebrity Xcel,” said Celebrity Cruises’ President Laura Hodges Bethge. “True to her name, this next ship will ‘Xcel’ beyond her sister ships with entirely new experiences, yet to be revealed, but that will change the game all over again.”

The Celebrity Xcel will make her debut in November 2025 in the Caribbean, sailing her inaugural winter season from Fort Lauderdale, on 7-night itineraries alternating between the Bahamas, Mexico and the Cayman Islands, and Puerto Plata, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. The sailings are now open for sale."

• Thanks 1

All I get when trying to book or put on hold is “bad request,” so it must be the new colors!  The ports really do not interest me at all, but some good prices in upper suites!

Edited by Lastdance

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2023/11/celebrity-xcel-named-as-next-ship-for-celebrity-cruises/

"Celebrity Cruises announced today that the fifth ship in its Edge Series will be named Celebrity Xcel, and will debut in 2025. The company previously announced the ship would be methanol ready.

The reveal was made at Chantiers de l’Atlantique shipyard in Saint-Nazaire, France, as executives from both Royal Caribbean Group and the yard celebrated the steel cutting.

“The Edge Series has shattered preconceived notions of cruising, and I am thrilled to announce our next bold step as a brand with Celebrity Xcel,” said Celebrity Cruises’ President Laura Hodges Bethge. “True to her name, this next ship will ‘Xcel’ beyond her sister ships with entirely new experiences, yet to be revealed, but that will change the game all over again.”

The Celebrity Xcel will make her debut in November 2025 in the Caribbean, sailing her inaugural winter season from Fort Lauderdale, on 7-night itineraries alternating between the Bahamas, Mexico and the Cayman Islands, and Puerto Plata, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. The sailings are now open for sale."

For fun priced out Iconic suite, not like I will ever sail in that, but for a 7 day with refundable it was 70k.  I have much better trips in mind that I could spend 70k on for much longer time.  I look for itineraries now, as much as the shipboard experience matters its probably only about 20% of what I am looking for on cruises now.  

When I finally got in to look at the itineraries and dates, my interest wasn’t there.  I do love TA’s, so will wait and see.  Now, if I could drive, that would be easy, as I do have one FCC.  We have two flights when flying to FLL; holidays are just not worth it for me, but new ships are always exciting in many different ways!

Edited by Lastdance

1 minute ago, patterson3 said:

Do you think they'll do any "rehearsal" cruises, like the 3 and 4 day cruises that the Ascent is doing prior to it's official maiden voyage?

If and when it is apparent that Xcel is going to finish ahead of schedule, I imagine you might see those pre-inaugural sailings offered.

We just got off Summit which was our first cruise with Celebrity.  We were blown away with the food and learned about the Xcel while at the Future Cruise Desk.  We just booked for the November 30, 2025 sailing because I would rather things settle down rather than be one the first sailing.  Prices were very good in my opinion and when I called Costco to book it took lots of time since the ship has not been added to their computer system yet.

15 hours ago, 563toM said:

We just got off Summit which was our first cruise with Celebrity.  We were blown away with the food and learned about the Xcel while at the Future Cruise Desk.  We just booked for the November 30, 2025 sailing because I would rather things settle down rather than be one the first sailing.  Prices were very good in my opinion and when I called Costco to book it took lots of time since the ship has not been added to their computer system yet.

Careful...mentioning the big box TA is frowned upon here.  Not that I care, but the site does.   Once can always book direct with X and transfer to the TA of choice.

Edited by marieps

8 hours ago, 563toM said:

@mariepsThanks for the heads up.  I have been a member for years but just started posting.  I tried to edit/delete the post and it won't let me.

After a certain amount of time passes your post can no longer be edited.  I just booked this same sailing today for darling husband and myself.  I was quite pleased with the group pricing from a highly competitive TA.  Come join us on the roll call.😀

34 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Xcel....... just can't get past the idea that they named the ship after a spreadsheet...

That is why I keep wanting to add a letter !  Even eXcel would of been better as Xcel looks like how the teenagers type when they shorten works while texting.  Instead of typing a few extra letters they will type: fit instead of outfit, opp for opponent or sus for suspicious.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cruise till you drop said:

XL = Extra Lobster ? 😂 

We’re booked for Jan 2026 for Eastern Caribbean and very excited to be one of the first sailings on a new ship.  We booked an SV that usually goes quickly.

I am wondering why there isn’t a Transatlantic sailing as it’s maiden voyage ?

Testing and training on the way over no doubt.

1 hour ago, Cruise till you drop said:

XL = Extra Lobster ? 😂 

We’re booked for Jan 2026 for Eastern Caribbean and very excited to be one of the first sailings on a new ship.  We booked an SV that usually goes quickly.

Ascent is currently crossing the Atlantic empty as well. 

7 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

XL = Extra Lobster ? 😂 

I talked to a higher up employee on our cruise recently.  I asked him many questions about staffing, schedules and new ships being launched.  He said that it's about 3 months to shake down any new ship and the crew will stay in room, eat in all the restaurants to find any flaws so they can be fixed.  He told me that the transatlantic are invited guests of family and cruisers in the highest loyalty level.  Once the ship arrives at Ft. Lauderdale that's when paying customers start cruising.

• Thanks 2