Requesting OBC/Stockperks

ShipWalker

15 minutes ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

I think you missed my point.  My ownership of 100 shares of CCL has nothing to do with making money by trading.

Sorry, I was probably confusing. My point was that in addition to OBC benefits, you can still make money on the volatility of cruise stocks.

Thank you to everyone who posted on how to get the Shareholder OBC. I requested mine via email and got a confirmation from them that they have successfully applied the OBC to my cruise. Now, where in my HAL account or cruise itinerary do I find the money?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GabbyRose said:

Thank you to everyone who posted on how to get the Shareholder OBC. I requested mine via email and got a confirmation from them that they have successfully applied the OBC to my cruise. Now, where in my HAL account or cruise itinerary do I find the money?

I have my TA send me a new confirmation and it shows up on there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

It is ironic for people to say they have no need for a cell phone and then complain about not being able to do certain things because they don't have one.

Then there are those who don't complain they can't do something, who still do not need a cell phone. 
Are computers obsolete? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GabbyRose said:

Thank you to everyone who posted on how to get the Shareholder OBC. I requested mine via email and got a confirmation from them that they have successfully applied the OBC to my cruise…

Just did the same Saturday. Had an email this evening that the credit has been added.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 12:47 PM, Toofarfromthesea said:

It is ironic for people to say they have no need for a cell phone and then complain about not being able to do certain things because they don't have one.

Nothing ironic about it if you can have an open mind and not be judgmental. There are many people even today that DO NOT have a cell phone and DO NOT feel a need for it. They complain when alternatives are not provided. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 11:10 PM, Toofarfromthesea said:

As something you can carry around with you and with which you can accomplish lots of useful things, yes.

Each of them - Cell Phones and Computers have their uses, pros and cons. Trying to force technology that works for you onto others is never the right approach. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

No, I sent it to CCLShareholderHAL@hollandamerica.com.

That's great that Holland America is still honoring the old process. I heard from some guests even Princess is accepting the old process. Carnival Cruises is very adamant about using this 3rd party unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2023 at 8:40 AM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Someone could easily buy the stock right before sailing and sell it while waiting in the taxi line at debarkation, never intending to hold the stock longer than a couple weeks. This would meet all the CCL terms. I don't see how that's classless or fraudulent. 

BTW: I'm far from a professional trader. Hope I didn't come off that way. I trade for entertainment and to support my travel addiction 😄 

as you are aware the problem with holding the stock  in a hard down market  losses can mount up quickly ,so who in their right mind would continue holding any stock that was moving down rapidly ?

On 11/14/2023 at 12:37 PM, Cruise Suzy said:

AAARGH!!!! Another process that requires a smartphone! Glad that I received the OBC for our February 2024 cruise already. Maybe by the time they extend it for our November 2024 and April 2025 cruises, there will be a way to create a StockPerks account without a smartphone. Maybe one of oyes AARGH ur children can do it for us??????

Yes We totally agree .What a pain  . We will try but it is some thing they change to suit them not their customers 

8 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

as you are aware the problem with holding the stock  in a hard down market  losses can mount up quickly ,so who in their right mind would continue holding any stock that was moving down rapidly ?

Adding this high flying market is going to get hit & imo hiy hard ;as ot seems almost improbable that the US will miss a recession in 2024 . Hold carnival stock for any length  of time can be a ache to ones portfolio .Besides in a recession booking will tend to dry up .That is one people can count on 

1 hour ago, rajraj said:

Each of them - Cell Phones and Computers have their uses, pros and cons. Trying to force technology that works for you onto others is never the right approach. 

We get a kick from people who are familiar with their technology  & skills relating to that technology . We are in our mid 80s & it is far harder to master new technology We rely on our adult grand children for that help when needed . Technologu can be over bearing & like Ai serious 

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

Adding this high flying market is going to get hit & imo hiy hard ;as ot seems almost improbable that the US will miss a recession in 2024 . Hold carnival stock for any length  of time can be a ache to ones portfolio .Besides in a recession booking will tend to dry up .That is one people can count on 

I bought, and will hold, 100 shares at 11.85 per share.  It could go to 0 and there would not be much of an ache to my portfolio, particularly considering that I've already gotten 500 in OBC on 2 cruises with more to come.

7 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

I bought, and will hold, 100 shares at 11.85 per share.  It could go to 0 and there would not be much of an ache to my portfolio, particularly considering that I've already gotten 500 in OBC on 2 cruises with more to come.

when you are ahead there is never a problem but ,for those that bought much higher ,it is a dent in their portfolios . If I buy this CCL stock I day trade  & swing trade because I do not see CCL as a growth stock ;certainly with as much debt they must carry on their balance sheet

On 11/7/2023 at 8:57 AM, ShipWalker said:

Requested shareholder OBC w/Princess on Saturday & just now received an email with this link to use instead to download an app.

Noted HAL was listed, also. Has this been process been implemented w/HAL, too?

https://www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp

"Dear ShipWalker,

Thank you for your request for an onboard credit as part of the Carnival Corp & plc. Shareholder Benefit Program. 

Carnival Corp is implementing a more automated onboard credit request process in partnership with Stockperks.  

Please go to www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp for all details about the program and how to apply for your onboard credit via the Stockperks app. 

Thank you for being a CCL shareholder!  We look forward to welcoming you aboard.

Kind regards, 

Russel R.

Commercial Compliance Support"

We printed  out all the info you supplied . We will try to do it when the time arrises .Thanks for your postings 

On 11/9/2023 at 9:29 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

OK, we just completed the initial process to upload our current brokerage statement. Now we wait for up to 2 days for the manual "approval process" to take place before we can actually request SOBC to be reapplied to 2 of the 3 cruises we have booked that sail prior to July 31, 2024.

Thanks for the tip .We wrote it down .

8 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

when we add all the costs together & have to remind HAL about Mariner  & AARP OBC credits it can get sticky ,at times   . We understand that buying at 11.86 is a low cost . It is just my personal stock training & watch this economy deteriorate  that I dpn't hold many stocks except those that are paying big dividends that would soften a down turn  ,like VZ ,Verizon ,T  --ATT  & some pipeline companies . The last thing people would give us is their cell phones .Cash flows are very good with VZ & T  . On VZ when we bought shares it was paying over 9 % , Hard to miss with a dividend at that level with a company & a strong balance sheet 

13 hours ago, rajraj said:

Trying to force technology that works for you onto others is never the right approach. 

I worked in an office until I was 70.  New technology was constantly being "forced" on me.  I had  2 choices - adapt or quit. 

Folks, things are never going back to the way they were. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

when we add all the costs together & have to remind HAL about Mariner  & AARP OBC credits it can get sticky ,at times   . We understand that buying at 11.86 is a low cost . It is just my personal stock training & watch this economy deteriorate  that I dpn't hold many stocks except those that are paying big dividends that would soften a down turn  ,like VZ ,Verizon ,T  --ATT  & some pipeline companies . The last thing people would give us is their cell phones .Cash flows are very good with VZ & T  . On VZ when we bought shares it was paying over 9 % , Hard to miss with a dividend at that level with a company & a strong balance sheet 

You completely miss my point.  I don't regard my 100 shares of CCL as an investment, I regard it as an OBC generator.  Frankly I wouldn't waste the time or energy to monitor it closely or daytrade something that cost less than one third of the cost of a cruise that generates OBC. In fact, it is the only single stock I own.  Everything is in EFTs, Monet markets CDs and cash.  Within another year and a half my CCL will have generated enough OBC to guarantee me a profit even if the price goes to zero, and that is the only reason I own it.  For people who can afford to cruise the 1,185 I paid for my stock is a pretty negligible amount.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Roz said:

I worked in an office until I was 70.  New technology was constantly being "forced" on me.  I had  2 choices - adapt or quit. 

Folks, things are never going back to the way they were. 

I hope the crew isn't forced to use that newfangled GPS and digital mapping stuff...

• Haha 3