Time to leave luggage in the hallway the night before disembarking

zitsky

My roll call (Eclipse 12/23) says that 10pm is the time to leave luggage in the hallway.  We’ll probably want to do that since we’ll bring a good sized suitcase.

We were hoping to get off the ship for dinner.  So I guess the trick is to get back in time to put your suitcase in the hallway?  Or someone suggested putting it out before dinner.  You just need space in your other suitcase for last minute things.

27 minutes ago, cyntil8ing said:

I doubt we have ever had our luggage out by 10pm as we don’t go to dinner until 8:30. Usually it’s closer to midnight. Our luggage has always been picked up.

Same here.  My first Celebrity cruise was with my sister, and we'd stay out until around 1 or two with one of our tablemates.  Our luggage got out at 2:30 am.  It got picked up.

When our Princess cruise was in Victoria until 11:59pm there was no specified time.

We have had the time as 10 pm on most sailings.  We put it out before we go to dinner.  The cabins attendants are the ones collecting the luggage and having them hang around late to collect my luggage isn’t something I would feel comfortable doing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

We leave our luggage our after dinner   Typically pack what we wear for dinner and the evening in our carry-on.  No worries- as the earlier the better IMO.  We aren't the type who pack at the last minute.  We  pack up before dinner only leaving what we need for the evening and morning- then put those items in our carry ons.

• Like 2

Just now, Z'Loth said:

Personally, I would wear the clothing that I will be walking off the ship with while packing my luggage and putting it outside my room. That way, I don't have a unwanted surprise the next morning. 

If you forget to set anything aside while packing, you are also likely to be wearing the clothing that you will be walking off the ship with!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Z'Loth said:

Personally, I would wear the clothing that I will be walking off the ship with while packing my luggage and putting it outside my room. That way, I don't have a unwanted surprise the next morning. 

Will the crew on the ship tell the flight attendants at the airport that I’m wearing the same clothing the next day?  I would hate for them to laugh at me and point fingers.  😭

38 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

If you forget to set anything aside while packing, you are also likely to be wearing the clothing that you will be walking off the ship with!

We came back from dinner and set the suitcases out after we were ready for bed. Needless to say I didn't keep a shirt out for the morning. I had to wear my wife's colorful night gown and tuck it in my pants. As soon as we retrieved our luggage at the pier I was able to change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, kenb said:

We came back from dinner and set the suitcases out after we were ready for bed. Needless to say I didn't keep a shirt out for the morning. I had to wear my wife's colorful night gown and tuck it in my pants. As soon as we retrieved our luggage at the pier I was able to change.

Lol--that is everyone's worst fear (did your wife make the same error?  If yes--very funny.  If no--hey, she didn't have your back, so to speak).  I supposed there's no disembarkation photo to commemorate the event?

Just now, mahdnc said:

Lol--that is everyone's worst fear (did your wife make the same error?  If yes--very funny.  If no--hey, she didn't have your back, so to speak).  I supposed there's no disembarkation photo to commemorate the event?

No photo but some people we met on the cruise were in the retreat lounge on disembarkation morning and had a good laugh.

• Haha 1

They ask to put out luggage by 10PM but you can actually leave it after you return from dinner.   We usually don't go to dinner until 9:00 PM and past 11 by the time we return.  Never had a problem.  We aren't the only ones that leave it out later.   

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jelayne said:

We have had the time as 10 pm on most sailings.  We put it out before we go to dinner.  The cabins attendants are the ones collecting the luggage and having them hang around late to collect my luggage isn’t something I would feel comfortable doing. 

Exactly!  I think it's very inconsiderate to be putting luggage out at midnight.  If you can't get it out by the required time or there abouts, then do walk-off.  Or keep just one suitcase inside and walk that one off - maybe even a tote bag.  

• Like 1