Taylor Swift Fan Cruise

Denversail

I just read an article that the Oct 21, 2024 sailing on Allure is being advertised as a Taylor Swift fan cruise. That would be an interesting one to accidentally end up on. Swifties can be a little intense. Anyone have this cruise booked?

• Haha 3

Taylor Swift was a guest performer on the January 2011 Allure. We were on board. The tickets went to Make-A-Wish foundation recipients, some winners of a radio contest, and some specific passengers on board. The concert was held in the aqua theater, so in addition to those who had tickets,  anyone in a boardwalk balcony could also enjoy.  

IMG_2368.jpeg

IMG_2367.jpeg

IMG_2369.jpeg

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 11

I get the sarcasm however if I had a teenage daughter that maybe wasn’t big on the teen club but is a huge Swiftie I would totally jump on this. As parents I think most of us want to give our kids a memorable experience that they can look back on. I would think family cruisers would have a huge interest.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Taylor Swift was a guest performer on the January 2011 Allure. We were on board. The tickets went to Make-A-Wish foundation recipients, some winners of a radio contest, and some specific passengers on board. The concert was held in the aqua theater, so in addition to those who had tickets,  anyone in a boardwalk balcony could also enjoy.  

IMG_2368.jpeg

IMG_2367.jpeg

IMG_2369.jpeg

I can only imagine what it must have been like to try to walk the boardwalk that night ..?!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Denversail said:

I get the sarcasm however if I had a teenage daughter that maybe wasn’t big on the teen club but is a huge Swiftie I would totally jump on this. As parents I think most of us want to give our kids a memorable experience that they can look back on. I would think family cruisers would have a huge interest.

Probably cheaper to book the cruise than to buy tickets to one of her concerts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

I can only imagine what it must have been like to try to walk the boardwalk that night ..?!

Packed. She was only on board for the concert.   If I recall, the concert was late afternoon.  She performed the afternoon we were in Cozumel.  We returned to the ship early for the concert.  She was off early in the evening ( I guess around 7:30) so we could depart for the next port.  Those who did not have tickets or a boardwalk balcony, hung out in the boardwalk to hear the concert. 

It was not billed as any type of special concert cruise,  we only learned a few weeks prior that she was to perform. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Denversail said:

If we could cruise next October I would definitely take the child who I could barely drag out of her cabin during our last cruise so she could meet other Swifties and run the ship and hopefully learn how much fun it can be out there.

• Like 2

Not sure what the big deal is -- and why are the boardwalk balconies so all fired hot -- there's no concert in the boardwalk - This is not a repeat of the 2011 Cozumel / Alure appearance.

From USA Today's article:

"Travel agency <REDACTED> is organizing “In My Cruise Era,” a group cruise that will bring fans together on a Royal Caribbean International ship. But be warned: Swift is neither affiliated nor expected to appear on the cruise."

I'd no more avoid this cruise than I would a Scrapbooking or Cat Fancier's cruise.

Edited by gmerick

My adult daughter just found out about this cruise and wants to take my granddaughter. I'm not even sure I could survive a cruise filled with high pitched squeals of Swiftie's running all over the ship. 😁 She was totally convinced Taylor was going to be on this cruise. I hated to bust her bubble, but that's what parents are for right?  I guess we'll see. 😶