Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

32 minutes ago, island lady said:

Love this little beach shack Bar and Grille "Rolli's".   Fantastic fresh seared Tuna sandwiches...and of course...ice cold Banks beer.   Drank one for you @doghog my friend!  😋

Then a big shopping spree at popular local grocery to pick up some Q-tips...did not pack enough, and the ship won't let me teleport home any longer.  😄 

Isn't Rolli's across from the ocean side walk at a place called Pelican Place (I think that's the name of the area)? I know we've seen that Bar and Grill walking into Bridgetown. 🍻

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Then a big shopping spree at popular local grocery to pick up some Q-tips...did not pack enough, and the ship won't let me teleport home any longer.  😄 

Another one of those little things that have disappeared from RCL😥

1 hour ago, doghog said:

Isn't Rolli's across from the ocean side walk at a place called Pelican Place (I think that's the name of the area)? I know we've seen that Bar and Grill walking into Bridgetown. 🍻

Yes it is...great memory!   You are not such an old dog after all!!  😄   Very easy walk there...just have to get by all the obnoxious taxi drivers trying to hawk a tour for you.  😉 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Another one of those little things that have disappeared from RCL😥

Ironically they gave us a really cute little glass case to keep them in...but not even a "starter set" of Q-tips inside.   I had some from home, but simply forgot to bring a big enough bag of them.  

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yes it is...great memory!   You are not such an old dog after all!!  😄   Very easy walk there...just have to get by all the obnoxious taxi drivers trying to hawk a tour for you.  😉 

I know what you mean. Been there, done that. What kills us, we've had the taxi drivers honk and yell out at us asking if we want a island tour just before entering the security shack on our way back to the ship. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/18/2023 at 4:57 PM, bretts173 said:

Would someone go to the spa 100 times in 260 days

Dude, I had an ex that hit the spa at least 20 times on a 10 night cruise!.  Our (her) bill was $3,600.00 after our obc and refunds from a missed port (about $500.00).  I say her bill because I broke even as I spent about 250, overall and my share of the obc covered my portion.  Neither of us drank or bought anything onboard.  It was all spa...

Edited by Rogueperson
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, island lady said:

Grenada stop tomorrow,

The spice island. Have you walked thru the traffic tunnel to get to the downtown area and harbor? It is a thrilling adventure. I think Kathy walks the entire length of the tunnel with her eyes closed and screaming until we reach the other side, safely. 🤣 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, doghog said:

The spice island. Have you walked thru the traffic tunnel to get to the downtown area and harbor? It is a thrilling adventure. I think Kathy walks the entire length of the tunnel with her eyes closed and screaming until we reach the other side, safely. 🤣 

LOL...indeed that tunnel is creepy.  And of course smells bad.  😝  We usually walk up the stairs to the fort for a view, then down to the harbor on the other side, but may skip that this time due to "been there done that" too many times...and even worse, the self appointed "tour guides" that won't leave you alone.  I will be more firm in my "no thank you" this time, but Bucky is always a softie.  He said he won't fall for it this time.  

So tunnel it is, then onto Wharf avenue to walk down to another favorite restaurant "Sails" which hangs right over the water.  Great food, fantastic view, and good wine list!  

Pictures to follow.

Right now...it is "Hello Grenada" as we are pulling into port in an hour.  🙂 

• Like 5

Forgot to mention we attended a great show last night, very talented young violinist that joined the ship in Barbados, David Klinkenberg.   He received several standing ovations.  One of the cutest things was when he invited young 13? year old boy up to play piano, while he accompanied him on the violin...also standing ovation.  They were great!  The young man had stood next to me along the railing a few nights ago when we watched the Arubian dancers on the pool deck.  Very polite and quiet.  He is such a gifted young pianist!  

No pictures, I find bright screens on I pads and phone cameras during a show disruptive.  Had two pax in front of me doing that, too bright of a glare...annoying.  Then worse than that, young couple towards the end of the show down in front, started letting their rowdy and loud 3 young children run wild along the stage front floor, and even climbing the stage stairs and hand rail.  Parents did nothing to control them.  Could hear them above the violinist and the orchestra. 

Real shame.  Please parents...control your children...and actually BE a parent.  OK...off my soap box now.  😕

• Like 23

3 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL...indeed that tunnel is creepy.  And of course smells bad.  😝  We usually walk up the stairs to the fort for a view, then down to the harbor on the other side, but may skip that this time due to "been there done that" too many times...and even worse, the self appointed "tour guides" that won't leave you alone.  I will be more firm in my "no thank you" this time, but Bucky is always a softie.  He said he won't fall for it this time.  

So tunnel it is, then onto Wharf avenue to walk down to another favorite restaurant "Sails" which hangs right over the water.  Great food, fantastic view, and good wine list!  

Pictures to follow.

Right now...it is "Hello Grenada" as we are pulling into port in an hour.  🙂 

Done the long trek up the stairs also. I know exactly where Sails is. I walked down to it and on to the deck to soot some video looking out and around the harbor. I like the West Indies beer. 🍺

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1