Classic vs Premium Package....worth the price difference?

Smileyonthego

Hi.  We've booked a cruise on Celebrity Beyond for May (very, very excited).  

The booking includes the classic drink package and the basic WiFi.  My question is if it's worth considering upgrading to the premium liquor package.....I can totally unplug and have no need for the WiFi!!

I've looked at the wine, beer and spirits list to see what brands are included in the classic package versus the premium package, and needless to say, the premium package is a much better selection with respect to beer and spirits, but not a lot of information with the wine list.  I know I need to do the math to see if the $20 a day difference is worth it, but that's hard to do when you don't know what everything costs.  I'm sure there's information out there somewhere, but I just can't seem to find it🤷‍♀️.

I did see that all drinks at the World Class and Martini Bars are all way over the $10 per drink cap on the classic package.

I'm not saying that we're big drinkers or "drink snobs" but when you're paying good money for a vacation, you want to make sure you're enjoying good food and drinks.

Has anyone been on Beyond and can comment on the prices of the drinks?  Are they really expensive enough to justify going to the premium package?  

Thanks so much for any information you can pass my way.

Looking in the app under Dining and look at the menus for each restaurant and bar.  They will have a Wine list.  It is an approximation of what will be on the menu.

Myself I find the addition of the sparkling waters,  and lattes to be worth the charge along with the better wines.  

Edited by NMTraveller

Take a look at your cruise planner to see if the upgrade to premium is discounted with the sale they are having. We just upgraded to premium for $6.99 per day + gratuities. We always upgrade because we do love our martinis! For us it’s worth it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cbfb said:

Take a look at your cruise planner to see if the upgrade to premium is discounted with the sale they are having. We just upgraded to premium for $6.99 per day + gratuities. We always upgrade because we do love our martinis! For us it’s worth it. 

I tried to 'like' this 4 times 🙂
For us , we'll do it for the martini's - I'd like to say I'd do it for the wine too, but I wouldn't do it for the wine only because they're missing the mark on the wine.  I'll pay up for a week or more of Ketel One or Grey Goose - premium margarita's in Craft Social or (and) a nice bourbon nitecap.  So, if that's what you drink at home, then you must go premium.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hasentreelake said:

I tried to 'like' this 4 times 🙂
For us , we'll do it for the martini's - I'd like to say I'd do it for the wine too, but I wouldn't do it for the wine only because they're missing the mark on the wine.  I'll pay up for a week or more of Ketel One or Grey Goose - premium margarita's in Craft Social or (and) a nice bourbon nitecap.  So, if that's what you drink at home, then you must go premium.  

Couldn’t agree more! Feel exactly the same about the wine. 

• Like 1

We always take the premium package- worth it for us- If you for example order something more expensive then the regular package- you pay the difference- so if you like the Martinis at the Martini bar made with premium alcohol, you will pay the difference-  

For a few dollars, we don't want the hassle of getting a bill at the end of the cruise- IMO not worth it.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for your insight on this.  Decided to go ahead and upgrade to Premium, especially since I was able to get it for $9.56 (Canadian) a day instead of the $20 a day.  

I know that I will want a martini here and there and I will definitely want a good glass of wine with dinner.....the under $10 wines they have are not very appealing to me personally.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Smileyonthego said:

Thanks everyone for your insight on this.  Decided to go ahead and upgrade to Premium, especially since I was able to get it for $9.56 (Canadian) a day instead of the $20 a day.  

I know that I will want a martini here and there and I will definitely want a good glass of wine with dinner.....the under $10 wines they have are not very appealing to me personally.

Wow , on our cruise is listed at $13.99 CAD plus tips 

5 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Wow , on our cruise is listed at $13.99 CAD plus tips 

It's varying from cruise to cruise...I always upgrade, I don't drink well liquor at home, and not going to start on vacation..

Plus, added bonus, rarely have to sign slips.  

I barely drink alcohol, but on a cruise I might have 1-2 drinks per day. I do have a lot of the premium non-alcoholic drinks (eg: premium bottled water, premium coffees, smoothies, etc).

To me, the question is either premium non-alcoholic package (aka: 'zero proof package') + ala carte for all alcoholic drinks, or premium alcoholic package.

When I'm on vacation, to me, the whole value of cruises is to have some time where I don't have to worry about what things cost, don't have to sign receipts, just order, enjoy, and go...

The Premium package may not make financial sense for me, but it does certainly add to the enjoyment of the cruise.

• Like 1

We just upgraded at $6.99 per day per person as well.  Really depends on what you want from the drink package and what brands you prefer.

For us, the selling point was the addition of Red Bull and smoothies.  A Red Bull alone is $6.50, so if we each get one a day (which we will) that alone pays for it.  The rest is gravy.

It will also be nice to try some of the higher end spirits that I don't feel like purchasing an entire bottle of back home.

In the past we always upgraded to Premium. For our next cruise (Feb 2024) we were not going to, but the upgrade was 58% off, so we did.

I make sure to tell the bartenders to use top shelf in my drinks, and I watch them 🤪 pour.

I like not being restricted, trying new drinks and not having a bill at the end of the cruise. Worth it for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, earn said:

I thought the classic drink package covered all drinks under $10?  Does anyone know if gluten free beer is included on any package?

The last drink list I saw did not specifically mention a gluten free beer, but I do not know my beers, so maybe one of them is?  I will attempt to attach a copy of the list....I'm really not very computer savvy, buy I'll try.  

You'll see on this list that the selection in the Classic package really isn't the greatest which is why almost everyone is doing the upgrade to Premium.IMG_1682.thumb.jpeg.66fbe30372280c1dcb6f8d92f32093dd.jpeg

Edited by Smileyonthego
Spelling error