Check in for cruises has RCCL changed it in the last month

Hi,  I just  got  off  2  cruises  where  I checked in  online and got my  time of arrival  paper.

Now I am trying to check in as  usual  and  there is no option for this on the  cruise planner.

Has  check in  for  RCCL changed?

I think it works on the app but not from a computer.  That is to say, as soon as the window opens to check-in, I normally just choose the earliest check-in time available and then save the rest for later (passport number, photo, onboard payment method, etc.).  The app lets me do this but I think it it more cumbersome using Chrome or Safari or such

How many days away is your cruise?

Edited by The Fun Researcher
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ILOVESHIPS said:

Hi,  I just  got  off  2  cruises  where  I checked in  online and got my  time of arrival  paper.

Now I am trying to check in as  usual  and  there is no option for this on the  cruise planner.

Has  check in  for  RCCL changed?

when is your cruise???

We just checked in for Wonder last week on the app and arrival time is there.  It's the second bullet, separate from the passport and citizenship info.   And just above thee third bullet one, the health check.  

When I checked in for my January cruise, I had to use the app, there was no link on the computer anymore.  Also, to enter the passport info, you scan the passport page rather than enter the information manually. 

• Like 1

The way it has worked is on the app you can skip ahead and select an arrival time, but on a computer / web browser you can't skip ahead. If you start your check in on the app and just skip to the end where you choose your arrival time, you can go back later and finish your check in on the app or on the computer. 

I read recently that RC was experimenting with having check in available on the app only, with no computer option. I think they were trying it out on one ship but now I can't find where I saw that. 

That was Vision.  We were caught in that, as we do not use the app. We were not able to do the regular checkin at all.  The site said "If not using the app, just print the following page (which showed just our names and booking number) and show up at the terminal".

We never did get to find out how it works, as our cruise had a change of itinerary, 28 of the 32 people in our travel group cancelled, and we were cancelled in turn.  Will be doing it again in January.

Not worried.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

That was Vision.  We were caught in that, as we do not use the app. We were not able to do the regular checkin at all.  The site said "If not using the app, just print the following page (which showed just our names and booking number) and show up at the terminal".

We never did get to find out how it works, as our cruise had a change of itinerary, 28 of the 32 people in our travel group cancelled, and we were cancelled in turn.  Will be doing it again in January.

Not worried.

If you are talking about the 10/26/23 cruise that had Bermuda dropped and pc and freeport added, the app worked great.  Not sure about paper.

22 hours ago, mo&fran said:

When I checked in for my January cruise, I had to use the app, there was no link on the computer anymore.  Also, to enter the passport info, you scan the passport page rather than enter the information manually. 

That's why we get arrival time on app and fill in info later with computer.  I can use stored files for passport and onboard picture on the computer but can't do this online.

Both options were available for when we checked in for January cruises.  Haven't hit checkin date for February cruises.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

I just checked in last night for B2B Odyessy cruises in January.

I used the website, and the arrival times were there. I entered my passport info (no scan option).

It shouldn't make any difference, but I used Chrome. Easy...

Were you allowed to simply choose the check-in time, and nothing else, or were you required to go through all the steps before you chose a time?

Just now, The Fun Researcher said:

Were you allowed to simply choose the check-in time, and nothing else, or were you required to go through all the steps before you chose a time?

I didn't try to choose an arrival time only.  

I do not see the point if 90% of my check-in info is auto-filled.

3 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Checked in on the website Monday for an upcoming Voyager sailing, nothing changed from the last dozen or so times I have checked in-time slots were offered

1 minute ago, The Fun Researcher said:

On the website you have to go through all the steps and input all the information before you are offered a time a lot. 
Arrival time is the last option selected. 

1 minute ago, steveru621 said:

I didn't try to choose an arrival time only.  

I do not see the point if 90% of my check-in info is auto-filled.

One reason... If I do this at midnight 45 days before the cruise (in order to get an early check-in)...  I don't feel like staying awake to fill in all the information for the three+ reservations that I'm typically managing before I can go back to bed.  I much prefer just clicking a timeslot for each reservation, going to bed, and taking care of the rest later.  The app allows for that.

• Like 1

I used the app (again) this morning to check in for our 21 Jan cruise after using it last week for our 14 Jan one.  I love the fact that almost all the info is already there.  Scanning the passport is so convenient.  More and more people have figured out that if you want earliest arrival time you need to be on the site at midnight.  Used to be by 7 am, I could still get the earliest time.  Not anymore.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BND said:

I used the app (again) this morning to check in for our 21 Jan cruise after using it last week for our 14 Jan one.  I love the fact that almost all the info is already there.  Scanning the passport is so convenient.  More and more people have figured out that if you want earliest arrival time you need to be on the site at midnight.  Used to be by 7 am, I could still get the earliest time.  Not anymore.  

If you are on a b2b there is no need to check in . The only thing you would need to do is if you are on an oasis class  or anthem then you can make your reservations. When DW and i do a b2b and they want a check in if i am looking to book shows i just pick the latest available so someone can grab an earlier one

42 minutes ago, coachmike1959 said:

If you are on a b2b there is no need to check in . The only thing you would need to do is if you are on an oasis class  or anthem then you can make your reservations. When DW and i do a b2b and they want a check in if i am looking to book shows i just pick the latest available so someone can grab an earlier one

Actually, we always do so our photo and cc info is there.  We're not the only ones that do so.

• Like 1