Shuttle from Port to FLL Airport-WAITLISTED?

CruiserKris34

41 minutes ago, CruiserKris34 said:

We cruise next month & I went to book the shuttle from the Port to FLL Airport & it says "WAITLISTED". Do they run out of busses/shuttles?  

They contract out for buses so they probably only rent a finite number. Really though cruise line transfers to and from Port Everglades are not needed. Lyft, Uber and Taxis are all less expensive and more convenient. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

There were at least 75 cabs in 3 lanes lined up awaiting passengers when we disembarked Ascent a few weeks ago. We left the ship and walked right up to the very first cab and away we went. Cost was $18 plus tip. 15 minutes later we were at the Delta luggage drop off. IMO this process was way too easy to entertain a Celebrity shuttle. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

There were at least 75 cabs in 3 lanes lined up awaiting passengers when we disembarked Ascent a few weeks ago. We left the ship and walked right up to the very first cab and away we went. Cost was $18 plus tip. 15 minutes later we were at the Delta luggage drop off. IMO this process was way too easy to entertain a Celebrity shuttle. 

But you are  beautiful Georgia Girl so they fight to get you as a passenger.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I wouldn't bother with the shuttle. It'll cost you the same as just grabbing a cab for $20 to the airport terminal. Don't bother with rideshares either because there will be surge pricing during disembarkation. and drivers are often unfamiliar with the port area. They also have to show ID to the port officers which spooks some of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We just took the shuttle from port Everglades because we’re going to Miami airport. It was chaos! We were off the ship at 8:30 ish and we didn’t get to the airport until almost noon. The FLL shuttles went first but for $24.99 per person it is way less hassle and 1/2 the price to just catch a cab. We will never do the shuttle again even to Miami. Cab or Uber. Wont do hotel shuttles to port anymore either. I’m not sure what they were charging but our Uber from Crown plaza was $6+ tip.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Don't bother with rideshares either because there will be surge pricing during disembarkation. 

This is an understatement.   On November 12 our UberXL from the Marriott Courtyard Airport and Cruise Port to Port Everglades was nearly $50 (pre-tip).   This would have been about 11am.  

When we go back in February, I am definitely going to be taking a taxi if Uber is charging this much.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kokopelli-az said:

This is an understatement.   On November 12 our UberXL from the Marriott Courtyard Airport and Cruise Port to Port Everglades was nearly $50 (pre-tip).   This would have been about 11am.  

When we go back in February, I am definitely going to be taking a taxi if Uber is charging this much.  

I always check both Lyft and Uber as their surge pricing often does not coincide.  If their price is high I take a taxi. That is going to Port Everglades. The problem with going to Port Everglades in a taxi is congestion inside the port can run up the meter at peak Still the most we ever paid for  a cab to the port was $28 even with congestion. Going from Port Everglades to the airport we always take a taxi because they are lined up and ready to go and the airport is so close the taxi fare is always reasonable.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kokopelli-az said:

What is the official fare for a taxi from Port Everglades to FLL?   

It's supposed to be metered and around $15 yet usually unless you ask the driver before you get in they'll lie and say it's a fixed price of $20 even though you can see the meter is running.  Figure out the rate before you get in.  They'll also charge extra, I think double, if you need to drop off people at different terminals

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It's supposed to be metered and around $15 yet usually unless you ask the driver before you get in they'll lie and say it's a fixed price of $20 even though you can see the meter is running.  

I always tell them I don't have anything except a $20 bill.  I figure that is fair and includes a tip.   They always take it.   They definitely don't want you to use a credit card.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kokopelli-az said:

I always tell them I don't have anything except a $20 bill.  I figure that is fair and includes a tip.   They always take it.   They definitely don't want you to use a credit card.  

It should be, always check with them before getting in (this is true of any taxi anywhere) because at any time they could claim the fare is now $30 and you're stuck fighting with them at the airport

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kokopelli-az said:

I don't bother with uber as too expensive. When I put in the app and converted to Canadian currency would have cost me $44 to airport so I took a cab for 20 bucks. Last year used uber from FLL to the Hilton and the driver came from Miami we waited 45 minutes then he charged me waiting time as he parked in wrong area. I went through the app and got a credit for my wait time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It's supposed to be metered and around $15 yet usually unless you ask the driver before you get in they'll lie and say it's a fixed price of $20 even though you can see the meter is running.  Figure out the rate before you get in.  They'll also charge extra, I think double, if you need to drop off people at different terminals

It never happened to me in Fort Lauderdale but not running the meter is prettry common in Baltimore. When it happens I don’t add a tip. When I get in taxis in Fort Lauderdale I make it pretty obvious I am watching the meter, I lean over and look at it, so perhaps that’s why the never pulled that trick. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1