The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday, January 15th, 2024

kazu

1 hour ago, MISTER 67 said:

We don’t care for most of the Production shows, DW calls them angry singing and dancing but that goes for most of the cruise lines, we walked out of 2 Production shows on the Sky Princess in December. No complaints we the other entertainment.

Ditto, but the entertainment other than production shows was just fair. The best show was the Captain had a rock and roll show for 1 hr and 15 minutes. He was the lead singer and played the guitar.

• Like 15

I went to Photo Shop to inquire what is wrong with posting my photos on CC and was told it was internet. Strange to me that I can post everywhere else, do Face Time watch Prime and Neflix etc. I’m not the best at tech but will pursue. I believe I may have a wrong setting somewhere on new I phone.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

This morning we have little or no water pressure.  There was a notice on one FB group for the neighborhood that they were doing maintenance, and the water would be off for several hours.  It would have  been nice if they had said something before they started.  We're wondering if they are finally completing the repairs where the water main broke last month.  There has been a big hole beside the street with only yellow caution tape and a few cones around the hole.  But then, thinking that is what they are doing might be asking too much.

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Good Monday morning, Dailyites, and thanks for all the news of the day.  Martha  (Mrs. @sailingdutchy) sent me a picture from Rotterdam - they're having a good time!  

Our weather has warmed up a bit, but it's still frosty, and I didn't go to exercise this morning, Pat did and said there was a good crowd.  The hummingbird feeders are out today without the hand warmers to keep them from freezing - we'll see how it goes.  Just hope winter is over!

Pat has booked flights to England in June to visit his favourite cousin on his 96th birthday.  I hope it will come to pass.  He has an appointment to see the cardiologist January 25 - our doctor had said it would take 6 to 9 months to get the referral, but it has happened very quickly, and we're hoping he says Pat is fit to fly.  And who knows how long it will take for him to have the surgery to replace the valve.  

Ann, I hope Pat will be able to visit his cousin for the cousin's 96th birthday.  I hope all goes well at the cardiologist appointment, and that Pat doesn't have to wait too long for the valve replacement.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser If the drink has too many spirits in it, does that make it haunted?

image.thumb.png.f90219660d926ee09eed3e06adc41b6d.png

Annie, it could, or if I drank it, I might be haunted.  👻

5 hours ago, dfish said:

@Sharon in AZ, @summer slope, and @Quartzsite Cruiser, I think we should all try the drink while we are onboard our BHB.  I'm game!

Debbie, as a taste test, maybe we could get one and three straws.  😉  The chocolate, chocolate liqueur and the amaretto appeal to me, but some of the other spirits are not something I'd normally drink.

Lenda

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Home from Arizona where we celebrated DM, plenty of hugs, laughter and tears. So nice to visit with old neighbors and plenty of relatives (including relatives by marriage as I am 1 of 6). So nice that my brother and sisters were all able to be with Ruth those last days.

One of the three pastors celebrating her life mentioned that he was not surprised that she had more more than one pastor at her service, as over a century of living (4/7/1920-1/4/2024), one might “collect clerics”.

Thankful for my sisters and brother and in-laws, friends and caregivers. Later in February, we hope to all get together for a more festive gathering, and in April a visit to see the headstones and tidy up her and my father’s (1912?-1977, my Dad was adopted, no real birth record) final resting place. 😊

Thanks for all of the Daily-ites. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

If you do, please have someone take an action photo of you sipping them. 😎

We can probably arrange that.

10 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

👻

Debbie, as a taste test, maybe we could get one and three straws.  😉  The chocolate, chocolate liqueur and the amaretto appeal to me, but some of the other spirits are not something I'd normally drink.

Lenda, we have to live dangerously now and then.  Remember the quote!  Besides, we're doing research for the Daily!  

• Like 19
  • Haha 3

Good afternoon just checking in to comment I am sick with a respiratory virus probably RSV because I tested negative for the other two.  We are both confined to cabin, I knew I was but John went to the Neptune Lounge to cancel a shore excursion at 7am and he grabbed me some pastry we got the letter 45 minutes later.  John is fine, I am getting better slowly.  Just started on Prednisone to stop the terrible cough. This is the same illness I have had many times it just has had different names. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, dfish said:

We can probably arrange that.

Lenda, we have to live dangerously now and then.  Remember the quote!  Besides, we're doing research for the Daily!  

Okay, I give up.  I'm just not a fan of most mixed drinks or really hard liquor in most cases.  I hope the chocolate will win out.  Or I could be the chicken in the drink.  🐓  😁

10 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Good afternoon just checking in to comment I am sick with a respiratory virus probably RSV because I tested negative for the other two.  We are both confined to cabin, I knew I was but John went to the Neptune Lounge to cancel a shore excursion at 7am and he grabbed me some pastry we got the letter 45 minutes later.  John is fine, I am getting better slowly.  Just started on Prednisone to stop the terrible cough. This is the same illness I have had many times it just has had different names. 

Nancy, I'm sorry you probably have RSV, and that John is also quarantined.  That is probably what has been known as the ship's crud or in Arizona the desert crud.  I hope you feel better soon and that John stays well.

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon,

Sorry I was AWOL yesterday.  Started to read posts and then got distracted.  Never got back

Talk about Blue Monday.  I had Blue Sunday, Saturday and whatnot.

Have to get out of this Blue funk.  

Still haven’t heard from the cleaning lady.

Jim seems to be holding his own.  All is good on that end.

Thank you to all who keep this thread going.

Prayers for all.

Terri

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

A laid-back day here that I’m just enjoying being in and being with DH. The best!  DH’s local eye doctor called (!!!) on a holiday to say he’s in touch with the surgeon and that she wants him back on the eye drop med he’s been trialing off for a week. Too bad, he was a little better, cut his Benadryl needs in half. But he will of course follow her directives. 

Weather looks tough for getting to tomorrow afternoon’s appt but I’m not going to worry about it. Today is today… trying to follow my own advice!  

Got some paperwork done, not enough but it’s a start. 

Glad to hear travelers are getting home safely. Joy, thanks for updating us. . @Norseh2o, bless you!  Terry and Tana, hope the new inhaler keeps helping. @Haljo1935 hoping the power holds!  @ottahand7, sorry John is quarantined too! Ugh.  I had a flu-type bug long ago going around S America. DH fetched food for me. Hoping the meds kick butt!   And that they are caring for you adequately and you can stay on the ship🙏. (That was our fear when DH had pneumonia in Mediterranean but we hunkered down and survived ok!). Paul, @kochleffelhoping you are improving.

@kazu, enjoy that visit!  

Thinking of you all. Settling in to watch the gust half of the Bills Steelers game, then dinner at 6, bad timing!  We’ll catch up on the recording 😉

m—

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 2

It's cold - there's a dog under here somewhere. 

20240115_143936.thumb.jpg.0b1a4a5893db1038bbc7ea0d7f83a36e.jpg

Not snowing now, but too cold for what we did get to melt.

20240115_072740.thumb.jpg.e5b095cfd8aa248c3a08b029e3d11a87.jpg

Finally found a positive to neighbor leaving their backyard lights on - when power goes out, we can quickly determine if it's us or the neighborhood.

Stay warm & safe.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I managed to cross two more things off the to-do list.  When I finish here, I'll get the last one done and throw the list away.  Of course, there will be a new list soon.  🤣

19 minutes ago, summer slope said:

@dfishI'm game for the drink too.  I'll bring the recipe with us.

Good!  We wouldn't want the bartenders trying to find the chicken in the name but missing from the recipe.

13 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good afternoon,

Sorry I was AWOL yesterday.  Started to read posts and then got distracted.  Never got back

Talk about Blue Monday.  I had Blue Sunday, Saturday and whatnot.

Have to get out of this Blue funk.  

Still haven’t heard from the cleaning lady.

Jim seems to be holding his own.  All is good on that end.

Thank you to all who keep this thread going.

Prayers for all.

Terri

Terri, I'm sorry you are still in a funk, and I hope you get out of it soon.  I'm glad Jim is holding his own.  That's good news.

8 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Just an FYI, my Mohs surgery will be after we return from our cruise.  February 26.

Dixie, I'm glad you have a date for the MOHS surgery so soon after we get back from the cruise.

5 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

I am glad to see that most of y’all got the joke; let there be legs! 😀

@dfish Debbie, @Sharon in AZ Sharon, and @summer slope Dixie,  Ladies this gives me an idea for a picture from our cruise.  We could give @RedneckBob  RNB 8 legs instead of 2.  

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Haha 4

For the second day in a row, people in the next cabin seem to be watching TV on their balcony with the volume cranked up high. Yesterday it was cartoons; today it sounds like a daytime talk show.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

For the second day in a row, people in the next cabin seem to be watching TV on their balcony with the volume cranked up high. Yesterday it was cartoons; today it sounds like a daytime talk show.

The talk show was actually a video call, but if anyone had told me that it was Jerry Springer I would probably have believed it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

I went to Photo Shop to inquire what is wrong with posting my photos on CC and was told it was internet. Strange to me that I can post everywhere else, do Face Time watch Prime and Neflix etc. I’m not the best at tech but will pursue. I believe I may have a wrong setting somewhere on new I phone.

I started having problems posting photos after I bought a new camera because the file size was too large (I now have to resize my photos before posting, unless I change my camera to take lower resolution photos).  Have you checked your camera format settings - Settings/camera/format - to see whether you’re taking  High Efficiency (HEIC) or Most  Compatible photos?  If your setting is High Efficiency, try changing to Most Compatible.  That’s the extent of my knowledge.  Good luck!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Great respect for Dr. Martin Luther King and his efforts in the civil rights movement.  We don't have sororities at Canadian universities - at least none that I know of.  It's definitely Blue Monday - parts exposed will turn blue in minutes!  Will certainly be brewing up a lot . . . of tea today.

Yep, it's cold.  The weather network tells me it's -35C (-31F) and the wind chill - how it actually feels when you're outside - is -46(-50.8).  Listening to the radio, there are so many school bus cancellations that instead of listing them all, they told of the 3 that are still running, or planning to.  I know thousands of parents are scrambling to get their children to school, or trying to make arrangements for their care while they're at work. Yesterday DH went out to start my car, but it was dead.  And it was too cold for him to be out there putting the battery charger on it, so he just left it.  His SUV is in the garage, as it's the one we most often use in the winter, so if we need to go anywhere, that's what we'll use.  We just like to keep mine going as a back up.  Perhaps if the sun comes out later today we can put the charger on mine, but we'll see.

Not much on the agenda today except keeping warm.  I feel bad for those who are affected by the storms - if you're one of them, please be careful!  I'd like to try the drink of the day but would substitute something like vodka for the rye and bourbon because, well, chocolate.  I'm sure the wine would be nice, and we had chili last week.  I found a recipe for something I haven't made in a long time, it's for a chicken pasta bake that I'll put together so we can have a body warming meal at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Please take care in this weather 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites 

We were AAAA on disembarking yesterday from beautiful Rotterdam,  cabs were waiting and the airport was smooth getting through security. We went to Jack Nicholson restaurant for breakfast and Bone Fish Grill for lunch. No problem flying to Dallas and that's where the fun ended. The airport was freezing cold. There were delayed fights so passengers were backed up. Our flight was 2 hours late leaving, then... nothing.. Pilot finally notified us we were in a long line to de-ice the plane. About 1/2 hour more. Thankfully we were the lucky ones. When we arrived in Austin there were flight delays and cancellations. 

We decided it really was a great way to end our 53 day vacation. A blessing we arrived home safe and sound, our luggage was waiting, and our best friend waited patiently for us. 

I have a bunch to get started this morning, including taking my DH to have some bloodwork done. I'd best get going. Thank you for wishing us home on yesterday's Daily. 

Blessings! Be safe, stay warm!

Glad you made it home okay and hope Alan is well. Sounds like quite a long day for both of you. Blessings to you!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Okay, I give up.  I'm just not a fan of most mixed drinks or really hard liquor in most cases.  I hope the chocolate will win out.  Or I could be the chicken in the drink.  🐓  😁

I do think the idea of ordering one and a bunch of straws is a good one. 

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

@dfishI'm game for the drink too.  I'll bring the recipe with us.

Good plan!  I was going to suggest bringing the recipe!

36 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good!  We wouldn't want the bartenders trying to find the chicken in the name but missing from the recipe.

We might end up with @RedneckBob's fried chicken in the glass!

36 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@dfish Debbie, @Sharon in AZ Sharon, and @summer slope Dixie,  Ladies this gives me an idea for a picture from our cruise.  We could give @RedneckBob  RNB 8 legs instead of 2.  

Great idea!

• Like 13

Good evening all. I'm late to the party today. After a quick workout at the gym and an injection of "lubricant " in my knee at the Dr's office,  we went to the MLK parade. Our parade, one of the larger ones, attracts marching bands from Florida and parts of the Southeast. The bands range from good to excellent. They not only have to play their instruments, today they have to dance and put on a show for us! The uniforms, the hair, the hats and the music puts many cruise ships to shame.

Thanks for sharing and caring posters and readers.

20240115_123203.jpg

20240115_123156.jpg

20240115_123203.jpg

20240115_132631.jpg

20240115_133859.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3