New format test

Yes, PLEASE return to the original format.

You've lost SO much information that the original formatting had, and that we all relied upon.

(Did you pre-test this very much?  My guess, as someone who spent a career in research that in part included this specifically... is "no" (or at least not enough, or with a good technique including sampling...)

It was FINE before.

Better than "fine".  It was GREAT, as measured by the phenomenal amount of activity that CruiseCritic has had!

🙂 

Thanks!

• Like 9

My initial opinion is that it seems like it could be a good format for ansering questions. This board has turned into a general discussion forum when I believe the intent was for it to be answering specific questions.

3 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Not a fan - please return to the original format.  Change just for change sake is rarely beneficial.  And what is the point of "upvoting your fave"?

A new person might give the upvoted answers more weight. However I found on other websites that have something similer the upvoting was not useful. The upvoted answe could be complete nonsense. Seems redundant since the board already has likes. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

A new person might give the upvoted answers more weight. However I found on other websites that have something similer the upvoting was not useful. The upvoted answe could be complete nonsense. Seems redundant since the board already has likes. 

Well IMO CC has become far less relevant in recent years and perhaps this is someone's attempt to make their mark by following suit with other social media in "refreshing" CC.

Wonder if the mods will delete my comments....

Edited by leaveitallbehind

3 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Well IMO CC has become far less relevant in recent years and perhaps this is someone's attempt to make their mark by following suit with other social media in "refreshing" CC.

I woud not be surprised. All our comments are off topic and probably against the rules.

I agree with others!  This is NOT a change for the better.  I actually thought there was a problem with the interface on my iPad when I first logged in and got this new format.  If this becomes the standard format for "Ask a Cruise Question", I'll stop reading this forum.  If this becomes the standard format for all of the CC forums,  I'll stop reading CC!

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I don't reply to that type of post. I consider it useless. Voting? No.

• Like 2

Also not a fan of this format. Dont give 2 hoots about  "up votes."  I don't care which threads are "popular". And I DONT like that the current page doesn't show how long its been since the last post on a thread. Please go back to the previous format. This new one is not useful.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 10

The unfortunate likelihood is that CC won't read or take these comments to heart and will just plow forward believing this is a good thing because they want it to be.  But I agree with others that this format has lost a lot of what little was still good with CC and as a result is a step backwards.  But what do I know - I've only been contributing to CC since 2008. 

I've also noticed - and maybe its a function of the upvote feature - that the order of responses has changed on this thread.  My first response is now my second and visa versa.  If that is the case, that also is a poor feature which makes no sense to me.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I've also noticed - and maybe it’s a function of the upvote feature - that the order of responses has changed on this thread.  My first response is now my second and visa versa.  If that is the case, that also is a poor feature which makes no sense to me.

Sorry I caused the order to change by upvoting several posts to test what effect it would have. The votes do re-sort the order 🙄

Should reverse my upvotes, it lets me do that and change the order back? 😆

I don’t think 💭 I am a fan of this format that is being tested. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

At the risk of getting in trouble with the moderators...What have you done to this forum??? 😮

This isn't a joke forum or someplace to have fun. People ask serious questions needing answers...even if many of the answers are obvious to those of us who are experienced cruisers.

Who is deciding what a "best answer" is?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Sorry I caused the order to change by upvoting several posts to test what effect it would have. The votes do re-sort the order 🙄

So I found that we can choose to sort by votes or by date. So I didn’t change the order for everyone by upvoting a few posts. 

8 hours ago, njhorseman said:

At the risk of getting in trouble with the moderators...What have you done to this forum??? 😮

This isn't a joke forum or someplace to have fun. People ask serious questions needing answers...even if many of the answers are obvious to those of us who are experienced cruisers.

I think I would vote for you, except it is such a stupid idea.

Is this now a popularity contest?

Most votes and "best answer" may not necessarily be the same post!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Public opinion, I suppose, and we all know how accurate that is.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I just replied to another post and it said that it needed to be moderated first? Not sure that I like that feature (and I feel sorry for the moderators who are volunteers in the first place).

It's an unholy mess. 😵

JB 🙁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

I appreciate all the feedback; this is just a test! 

It's very popular on forums such as reddit, but I agree this wouldn't work on most of our other forums. Perfect example would be posting live from the ship....or reviews....since it is the replies to topics that are upvoted.

We'll give it through the end of the week.  Please continue to post your opinions....

Laura

• Thanks 1