Letting kids in the Solarium for a couple of hours-Opinions?

cruisekitty22

1 minute ago, cgolf1 said:

Well the ones that declared it adult only, are the ones that have decided to make the provision for kids to use the pool for a time. So in theory that should be ok right?

The ageism post is just rude, and that post should be pulled. As I stated before parents on Disney complained as well when they were trying to get some quiet time too. 

It’s ok to make a change in policy.  It’s also ok to realize when you’ve done something completely idiotic and walk back a new policy.

However I can’t think of any policies that the morons at Celebrity have changed then moved back to what it used to be.

3 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

Well the ones that declared it adult only, are the ones that have decided to make the provision for kids to use the pool for a time. So in theory that should be ok right?

The ageism post is just rude, and that post should be pulled. As I stated before parents on Disney complained as well when they were trying to get some quiet time too. 

I'm old(er) and I honestly took that comment to be tongue in cheek and to inject a bit of humor.  IMO it was

5 minutes ago, zitsky said:

It’s ok to make a change in policy.  It’s also ok to realize when you’ve done something completely idiotic and walk back a new policy.

However I can’t think of any policies that the morons at Celebrity have changed then moved back to what it used to be.

Sounds like food cutbacks, was not great on our last Edge cruise in February 23, and the butler thing I guess, I could care less about that one. That said we were looking to book a last minute trip this spring and at the prices X has I am guessing they are sailing pretty full. We are looking at other lines. 

I guess the 3 hours doesn’t bother me, but I realize that opinion won’t be shared by all. 

9 hours ago, cgolf1 said:

Sounds like food cutbacks, was not great on our last Edge cruise in February 23, and the butler thing I guess, I could care less about that one. That said we were looking to book a last minute trip this spring and at the prices X has I am guessing they are sailing pretty full. We are looking at other lines. 

I guess the 3 hours doesn’t bother me, but I realize that opinion won’t be shared by all. 

I would tell Celebrity to make family time 24 hours **if** those families were more considerate to others and if the kids were better behaved.  

Why, last time during family circus time, it took 5 extra minutes for the waiter to bring my champagne because he was dodging unruly ragamuffins!

Now get off my lawn.

10 hours ago, zitsky said:

I can’t think of any policies that the morons at Celebrity have changed then moved back to what it used to be.

There was cookiegate last year. And supposedly they're in the process of walking back the "Retreat Team" concept.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Celebrity still markets the Solarium as an adults-only space yet on individual ships they're adopting a policy to allow kids in during what many consider prime hours.  How are you supposed to "vote with your wallet" if what they advertise is not what they really offer?  I'm always amazed at people who are perfectly fine with a company selling one thing but providing another.  The kids are already allowed to monopolize the outdoor pools and hot tubs all day, every day.  Why anyone would be OK with that spilling into what is supposed to be a tranquil area is beyond me.

I go to the Solarium at that time precisely because many people start packing up and head to their rooms in the afternoon so they can nap or get ready for dinner.  If it has to be used by families at all, I agree with doing it later in the evening (once the sun goes down) or keeping it as it has been for many years:  only during inclement or cold weather for limited hours, not for those hours every day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bEwAbG said:

The kids are already allowed to monopolize the outdoor pools and hot tubs all day, every day.  Why anyone would be OK with that spilling into what is supposed to be a tranquil area is beyond me.

You’ve seen this on Celebrity? On cruises we’ve done with them there’s never been more than a handful of them on, maybe enough to monopolise a hot tub. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

On longer cruises there are usually anywhere from a handful to maybe 20 children.  Not an issue.

Have been in the Solarium when a couple teens got a bit boisterous.   Their behavior was corrected by a parent.

Go ahead and put 20 children in the Solarium pool at the same time.  Then tell me about how relaxing it is and how much I can enjoy using the pool.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

Celebrity still markets the Solarium as an adults-only space yet on individual ships they're adopting a policy to allow kids in during what many consider prime hours.  How are you supposed to "vote with your wallet" if what they advertise is not what they really offer?  I'm always amazed at people who are perfectly fine with a company selling one thing but providing another.  The kids are already allowed to monopolize the outdoor pools and hot tubs all day, every day.  Why anyone would be OK with that spilling into what is supposed to be a tranquil area is beyond me.

I go to the Solarium at that time precisely because many people start packing up and head to their rooms in the afternoon so they can nap or get ready for dinner.  If it has to be used by families at all, I agree with doing it later in the evening (once the sun goes down) or keeping it as it has been for many years:  only during inclement or cold weather for limited hours, not for those hours every day.

In December, in South America, it was not just open on cold days.  It was pretty much every day.  It was warm at the start and end of the cruise then colder as we went south.  Hey I know it sucks to be a kid and have to be cold but I'm not the one who labeled the Solarium an adults only area.  Plus kids were using the hot tubs both at the pool and in the Solarium as "kiddie pools" for much longer than they should have, according to safety rules.

Edited by zitsky

On 2/24/2024 at 9:32 AM, NMTraveller said:

Still considering X for a Japan cruise, but might do Princess. 

Take HAL for Japan. Best itineraries and few kids.

Of course, the ship does pretty much close down for the night around 11pm.

No line is perfect. 😂

8 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Take HAL for Japan. Best itineraries and few kids.

Of course, the ship does pretty much close down for the night around 11pm.

No line is perfect. 😂

HAL, few kids?  Sounds like heaven!  Theoretically speaking, what could one do on HAL if a kid pushed all the elevator buttons?  Asking for a friend.  😁