Letting kids in the Solarium for a couple of hours-Opinions?

cruisekitty22

This has been pretty common during cold weather cruises. There are very few adults in there during those hours. In my experience the majority that hang out or nap all day in the Solarium are at dinner by 5pm. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

I am repeating myself, but I spend the late afternoon/early evening in the Solarium precisely because few people are there. I'm a hard pass on changing it at any hour or any itinerary for children.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

In my experience the majority that hang out or nap all day in the Solarium are at dinner by 5pm. 

This exactly this, the snoring lets up considerably during this time too.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

As someone said, this has been going on for quite sometime……at least since the restart. We don’t use the Solarium, so it doesn’t affect us, but if there is inclement weather I would have no problem with it. We have walked through there at this time and there is usually nobody there. 

54 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

I am repeating myself, but I spend the late afternoon/early evening in the Solarium precisely because few people are there. I'm a hard pass on changing it at any hour or any itinerary for children.

It has been happening for a very long time but so few kids on board that maybe none show up 

• Like 1

okay with it..as long as they are properly supervised &  well-behaved for kid standards....

AND,  as long as the program does not Expand.. And still a no for kiddos or infants in swim diapers or using the  hot tubs as heated pools!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We trade the solarium for the martini bar somewhere around 5 pm. I have no problem with the 5-7 window. 

It makes the most sense, maybe make the hot tubs off limits for kids 24-7. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

It makes the most sense, maybe make the hot tubs off limits for kids 24-7. 

This should be.. it's a health issue due to hot temps, and of course the pee in tub  issues!

• Like 6

We took an Alaskan cruise during covid lock-down and it was the adults in the solarium that were the problem. I not sure what was different but we had some rowdy adults that would cannonball into the pool, splash around like kids and make a huge amount of noise. I know using the water jets can create splashes but this was deliberate, childish splashing.

No issue with this as it makes sense, tbh many of the so called adults during the day need to be banned from the solarium.  Snoring loudly, yelling across the pool etc.  Seen the people who say they are grownup act 100x worse than kids on board way to often in solarium.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hcat said:

okay with it..as long as they are properly supervised &  well-behaved for kid standards....

AND,  as long as the program does not Expand.. And still a no for kiddos or infants in swim diapers or using the  hot tubs as heated pools!

36 minutes ago, hcat said:

This should be.. it's a health issue due to hot temps, and of course the pee in tub  issues!

The diaper ban should be expanded to adult incontinence wear as well.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

No issue with this as it makes sense, tbh many of the so called adults during the day need to be banned from the solarium.  Snoring loudly, yelling across the pool etc.  Seen the people who say they are grownup act 100x worse than kids on board way to often in solarium.  

And the loud cell phone calls!

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Couldn't agree More!

It also gives the parents a break, keeping the kids occupied in a fun activity. The parents paid good money for their trip, just like all the old folks here.

And yes I'm one of the old folks

• Like 3

1 hour ago, highway180 said:

Couldn't agree More!

It also gives the parents a break, keeping the kids occupied in a fun activity. The parents paid good money for their trip, just like all the old folks here.

And yes I'm one of the old folks

true , BUT ships for X  (going back to the 90's)  , and some on Royal were conceived and built with Adult Only spaces..as well as kids spaces elsewhere!  (Not all adults are Old Folks!) 

Solarium has quieter music, spa food,  and hopefully a  relaxing  atmosphere..close to the spa!

• Like 4

Let them enjoy themselves.  How many adults are there at that time and sometimes the adults are worse than the children. 

I use to use those cess pools but no longer desire to.  Got older and wiser. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 2

Unless it is due to weather, it should remain adults only. 

It may be less utilized 5-7, but if that is someone’s preferred time, then they should have the same rules as someone using it 11-1.

mac_tlc

• Like 9

I have no issue with it, especially since it is a small part of the day and adults have plenty of time to swim outside kids hours.  Moreover, the kids prices are not cheap on Celebrity and it is unfair if they could not enjoy a swim inside.

Edited by odysee