Princess - PLEASE help, outsourced customer service is absurd

cusematt4

2 hours ago, leck57 said:

A CVP may not be the solution anymore. I've never had/used a CVP but recently I received an email from a supposed CVP (I had entered a Princess competition but had given them a "junk mail" email address as I expected to get the usual marketing follow ups) and this guy introduced himself as my new CVP. He is based in the Phillipines, with I suspect, the rest of the Princess off shore call centre incompetence. I was thinking of finding a CVP as I haven't been impressed lately with my TA but I wouldn't want a CVP who has probably never set foot on a cruise ship.

Well mine is in California and has been on tons of ships. You need a better one

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, memoak said:

As I said, I don't use one. However it seems Princess have Vacation Planners now located in the cheap labour locations. It may not be easy in the future getting a VP close to home if Princess keep sending labour off shore.

7 hours ago, memoak said:

My CVP lives in Florida and she knows her stuff.  Been using her services for years.  I don’t know what I’d do without her.  From what I’m reading here, customer service has become a nightmare.

• Like 1

Mr. Gordon Ho,
    Chief Marketing Officer and Head of Sales
Princess Cruise Line
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, California, 91355

Ms. Jan Swartz,
    CEO / President
Princess Cruise Line
24305 Town Center Drive

Mr. Mario Siebaldi,
    Vice President Guest Services
Princess Cruise Line
24305 Town Center Drive

59 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I had a discussion with a Princess rep today.  From my sample size of one, there is a training issues.  I am going to retry tomorrow.

Statisticians will tell you that you need a sample size of in the hundreds to get an accurate picture,  however in Princess' case your sample size of one is an extremely accurate snapshot if company performance. They have defied statistical sampling methodology. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/22/2024 at 10:18 PM, MacMadame said:

I was on a general CC forum and someone was complaining about the NCL call center. Same complaints as here. It really does seem to be the way of things these days.

The reason I didn't use a TA is that I couldn't figure out which ones are good and which ones aren't. So I just booked myself.

We had an NCL cruise last summer, and on the whole their call center was fine. They always answered right away. The one time I was having a problem with one of them, she finally understood she was misinterpreting what I was asking for and after putting me on hold and asking another department, she was able to give me what I requested. Also, they were always easy to understand, no strange accents because of being in some foreign country.

• 4 months later...
On 2/21/2024 at 5:18 PM, Ombud said:

Here's how: call 1(800) 901-1172 like most of us are suggesting. It really doesn't matter that you didn't book with a CVP ... A good one (and most are) will answer your concern. (Just wondering, is this about Sun Princess cancelations?) 

Is this number going to get to a CVP or is this just a "random" customer support (foreign) location?  I have been trying to get a CVP for quite a while with no luck on their website. 

1 minute ago, Murray's Pop said:

Is this number going to get to a CVP or is this just a "random" customer support (foreign) location?  I have been trying to get a CVP for quite a while with no luck on their website. 

That is the basic # then there's a 5 digit for each individual CVP. But (hope this doesn't violate anything) if you 'pretend' like you 'forgot' their extension # it will give you a listing by 1st initial (or 1st 3 initials but it'll guide you to that) of their name. This will NOT link thru to PRINCESS PROMOTIONS if you search by name. 

I cannot share my CVPs extension # bc that would violate CC rules by referring you to 1 person.

8 minutes ago, Ombud said:

That is the basic # then there's a 5 digit for each individual CVP. But (hope this doesn't violate anything) if you 'pretend' like you 'forgot' their extension # it will give you a listing by 1st initial (or 1st 3 initials but it'll guide you to that) of their name. This will NOT link thru to PRINCESS PROMOTIONS if you search by name. 

I cannot share my CVPs extension # bc that would violate CC rules by referring you to 1 person.

Thanks, understood and helpful.  Is this number going to get a human or is it an automated number?

1 minute ago, Murray's Pop said:

Thanks, understood and helpful.  Is this number going to get a human or is it an automated number?

At that point it is going to a telephone tree. Which is often better than some people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/22/2024 at 4:33 PM, Kellyann said:

Wouldn't it be nice if a Princess executive posted on C.C. why on earth they have employees who hardly speak the language and can only read from a script like a robot.  I had only sailed Princess once 20 years ago and decided to book their trans-Atlantic in May.  I called the number posted not realizing they also had Cruise Planners who spoke English and cared about their clients.  It doesn't matter how wonderful the upcoming cruise is, I will never cruise with Princess again.  If there are so many people complaining about their offshore agents, then why in God's name do they even have them.  They cause more aggravation and frustration and I wonder how many others will never sail with them again for this reason.  They are awful and after spending hours trying to book a cruise (tears and all), I am so done with Princess.  

I called Princess customer service with a cruise related question regarding an upgrade offer I received for my fully paid cruise coming up in August. I couldn't understand the agents spotty English, had a hard time understanding what was said due to a very strong accent. But I do know my question was completely ignored and the agent immediately tried to sell me a package (I bought premier pkg already) spa services (already booked for me and companions) excursions (booked already) and then I hung up the phone because it was a just a hard-core sales pitch for stuff I already bought and paid for. Absolutely ridiculous. 

I hope whenever the contract is up for that abysmal outsourced "Customer Service". Princess will realize the errors of thier way. Can you imagine being a brand new Princess cruiser trying to get an answer to a simple question? You'd cancel your booking and run to the competition!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, cjpj said:

I hope whenever the contract is up for that abysmal outsourced "Customer Service". Princess will realize the errors of thier way. Can you imagine being a brand new Princess cruiser trying to get an answer to a simple question? You'd cancel your booking and run to the competition!

The sad thing is its everywhere. Anything I say would come out sounding racist but come on people. Connect me to someone I can understand.

Anyone reading this who is having problems, get a CVP and stop calling the 800 number, forget it exists, wipe it from your memory, burn it with fire, stab it with pointy sticks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 2/23/2024 at 5:18 AM, Lady Arwen said:
On 2/22/2024 at 9:17 PM, memoak said:

My CVP lives in Florida and she knows her stuff.  Been using her services for years.  I don’t know what I’d do without her.  From what I’m reading here, customer service has become a nightmare.

Mine's in Seattle (I know that bc a good friend has met her), my retired one was in Arizona (yes met her there), but the fired one was in Hawaii.  Her timing & mine was off (I prefer to contact in am, she wanted late day only)

• Like 1

I have to agree with the CS issues since the restart have been bad.  Normally, I don’t contact them, but today  I did.

The was an App issue…so not bothering my CVP.

One of my cruises out of 6, totally populated incorrectly into the downloaded App.  I couldn’t check in because I’m under 18.  🤪

I couldn’t reserve dining because I’m not an Elite … Yes I am!!

I couldn’t do anything else, unless you accept the contract!  Hello?

Tried the website version of the App.  Used the booking number and it opened another cruise, not this one.  Okay! That’s it!  I am calling!

Called the PCL line (yikes!) phone tree…pressed 2 then 1 many times to get to Ocean Ready. Alex said it was really messed up. He entered manually all the fields of information from my other cruises and I couldn’t believe he fixed it.  That is the first time I’ve had anything fixed over the phone on the App.  Wow!

So, if you are having App issues, try the prompts until you get to Ocean Ready.  YMMV

However, other issues…we will just keep helping each other.🥴

• Like 4

On 2/23/2024 at 12:57 PM, MacMadame said:

The one I talked to had a British accent. No idea where she was located but I heard the CVPs are located in the US and the UK so it tracks.

The British accent person I recently dealt with was in South Africa and no better then the other out sourced agents. 

12 hours ago, PalmHarborCruiser said:

The sad thing is its everywhere. Anything I say would come out sounding racist but come on people. Connect me to someone I can understand.

Anyone reading this who is having problems, get a CVP and stop calling the 800 number, forget it exists, wipe it from your memory, burn it with fire, stab it with pointy sticks.

Or use a TA, and let him or her deal with their customer service.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2024 at 11:36 PM, cusematt4 said:

I didn't book with a CVP and booked with Princess reservations.  I thought I can rely on the info given by Princess' very own in house reservations team.

Going forward I will use a CVP or travel agent.  Lesson learned not to book with nor rely on with Princess reps and reservation agents state, despite being employed and trained by Princess.

In the meantime since I booked direct with Princess and not a CVP or travel agent, how can I get something escalated and speak to someone in the United States to get back money owed and discuss incorrect yet relied upon info provided by Princess?  After 8 chats and 18+ hours on the phone, there must be someone to contact who can help within a billion dollar company.

Thank you.

You can do what I did and have your booking transferred to a Travel Agent.

Find and agent you like and speak to them. They will then start the ball rolling although you may have to speak to Princess to authorise it, and it takes a few days.

The travel agent can then help you with your issues.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LittleTinker said:

You can do what I did and have your booking transferred to a Travel Agent.

Find and agent you like and speak to them. They will then start the ball rolling although you may have to speak to Princess to authorise it, and it takes a few days.

The travel agent can then help you with your issues.

And if and when you find a good travel agent, from then on book with him or her.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

And if and when you find a good travel agent, from then on book with him or her.

Bingo!  Phones that are answered in reasonable time and web sites that are not glitchy!  

I cannot remember the last time we needed to dial a Princess 1-800 number.  

I do feel for the customer service folks at the end of the line.  It is not their fault.  They have been provided inadequate training and I suspect counter-productive incentives.   This is a Princess senior management problem.  We should put the blame where it belongs.   

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/21/2024 at 5:52 PM, cusematt4 said:

Hi all - I have never seen a company with such terrible customer service as Princess.

All Princess reservations and support seems to be outsourced.  Not only this, but they read from a script.  They are unable to deal with outlier issues and questions.  They have provided us wrong information about bookings and policies.  They have promised us resolutions that have gone unfulfilled.  They refuse to escalate issues or transfer to a supervisor.  And they are absolutely useless.  They not only do not help, but I'm better off not speaking with them as they have provided incorrect information that has cost us monetarily.

Princess chat is a waste and even less helpful, driving us in circles to contact the 800 number and the 800 number to contact vita chat that I was not told to save for my records as I relied on what was said and proper documentation.

Princess also doesn't respond to emails and customer service tickets, nor calls back.  I've called the corporate office to be connected to guest resolutions in the united stated / customer relations, to then be transferred to the outsourced reservations desk.  They refuse to transfer to the executive office.  The need to even have to resort to asking to contact the executive office is unfathomable as these are such simple issues that customer care or a manager should be able to help with if those teams and people existed.

Princess is the example of everything gone wrong plus more in customer care.  I may never cruise Princess again based on this, but in the meantime just want my issue resolved.

We've spent over 20 hours on the phone, 8 chats, 5 contact submission requests - all to no avail and as mentioned are worse off now with incorrect info told and unfulfilled promises relied on.

Has anyone else gone through this?  I can't imagine I'm the only one.

Does anyone have any advice.  I do not have more time to waste on this to write a lengthy email describing everything to go to a corporates contact or email address.

Is there any way I can get in touch with someone, ideally by phone and I guess by email as a backup, who can help with this chaos?

Thanks so much.

Yes, I find this true as well. Even now the Princess travel agent can't get me as good of a deal as I can booking my cruise myself. Just useless.

Posted (edited)
On 2/21/2024 at 2:52 PM, cusematt4 said:

Hi all - I have never seen a company with such terrible customer service as Princess.

All Princess reservations and support seems to be outsourced.  Not only this, but they read from a script.  They are unable to deal with outlier issues and questions.  They have provided us wrong information about bookings and policies.  They have promised us resolutions that have gone unfulfilled.  They refuse to escalate issues or transfer to a supervisor.  And they are absolutely useless.  They not only do not help, but I'm better off not speaking with them as they have provided incorrect information that has cost us monetarily.

Princess chat is a waste and even less helpful, driving us in circles to contact the 800 number and the 800 number to contact vita chat that I was not told to save for my records as I relied on what was said and proper documentation.

Princess also doesn't respond to emails and customer service tickets, nor calls back.  I've called the corporate office to be connected to guest resolutions in the united stated / customer relations, to then be transferred to the outsourced reservations desk.  They refuse to transfer to the executive office.  The need to even have to resort to asking to contact the executive office is unfathomable as these are such simple issues that customer care or a manager should be able to help with if those teams and people existed.

Princess is the example of everything gone wrong plus more in customer care.  I may never cruise Princess again based on this, but in the meantime just want my issue resolved.

We've spent over 20 hours on the phone, 8 chats, 5 contact submission requests - all to no avail and as mentioned are worse off now with incorrect info told and unfulfilled promises relied on.

Has anyone else gone through this?  I can't imagine I'm the only one.

Does anyone have any advice.  I do not have more time to waste on this to write a lengthy email describing everything to go to a corporates contact or email address.

Is there any way I can get in touch with someone, ideally by phone and I guess by email as a backup, who can help with this chaos?

Thanks so much.

You are not alone.  Princess customer service has changed so drastically from their pre-Covid days.  They use to have really wonderful agents who were always able to help with almost with any situation effectively.  

Now, with their horrible outsourced call centers it is an exercise in frustration every time we have called.  The simplest task seems to be beyond their understanding.  Also, we really have not had much better luck with their new CVP program.  Have found that the only thing that works is to send a letter to corporate.  We have booked a lot less cruises now with Princess because of their sloppy, ridiculous and ineffective customer service.  

It will eventually will catch up with them as they plow ahead to become the Spirit Airlines of the seas.

Edited by Princessfan20
  • Like 2

On 2/21/2024 at 3:36 PM, cusematt4 said:

I didn't book with a CVP and booked with Princess reservations.  I thought I can rely on the info given by Princess' very own in house reservations team.

Going forward I will use a CVP or travel agent.  Lesson learned not to book with nor rely on with Princess reps and reservation agents state, despite being employed and trained by Princess.

In the meantime since I booked direct with Princess and not a CVP or travel agent, how can I get something escalated and speak to someone in the United States to get back money owed and discuss incorrect yet relied upon info provided by Princess?  After 8 chats and 18+ hours on the phone, there must be someone to contact who can help within a billion dollar company.

Thank you.

You're going in circles. The answer has been get a CVP or if you aren't past 90 days (I don't recall if that's still the limit)...move your booking to a reliable TA.

I had an issue with a cruise that I booked online, contacted a CVP and he helped with that in spite of the fact that the cruise was already booked. I continued to deal with him until I decided to try a different cruise line.