Pirate's LIVE Mother/Daughter Cruise On The Horizon 3/10/24-3/16/24

Well, after video chatting with the hubs we got bad news: it’s a broken hip for Grandma, with surgery tomorrow. Hubby and Uncle will both be there for it and told me and mom to finish the cruise since we just have 2 days left and she will be in the hospital those days. 

After getting the news I went to Alchemy to drown my bad mood. I had a Remedy, then when Zoltan got back from break he made me an Almond Joy and then a pistachio martini. The Almond Joy by far was the winner. 

IMG_1862.jpeg

IMG_1863.jpeg

IMG_1866.jpeg

IMG_1865.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the pic, not my Zoltan👍

So sorry to hear about your grandma’s hip. Make sure she stays on top of her physical therapy after her surgery. Saying more prayers for a complete recovery ❣️

• Like 3

Wishing a speedy recovery to your Grandma.  My sister fell and broke her hip, and they had her up and walking the next day after surgery - pins and all.  Try not to worry too much - you will be home in a few days, and she is in good hands until then.

• Like 3

Sending lots of positive light and prayers to your Grandma and family. It sounds like she has a fantastic support system which will be a huge help to her. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Sorry for the delay in posting the rest of yesterday, I got….um…sidetracked. 

Mom and I went to dinner right at 5:30 again, and had our same table and waitstaff from night 1. They are fantastic! Nino, Sasiya and Shann are the team, and table 717 is in a corner right next to the window. I love it! I got the Girdo Street Salad, Indian Vegetarian, and butter pecan ice cream. Mom and I also wanted to try the eggplant parm, so we got it to split. Nino told us he also wanted us to try the shrimp poke app, it’s his favorite, so we agreed. Oh my gosh y’all, that is my new favorite Carnival app, and I will be ordering it from now on! It’s like a deconstructed sushi roll in a bowl and was so flavorful! The eggplant parm was a let down, Mom and I agreed it needed something….I think maybe some garlic. My Indian Vegetarian tho….oh my. It was SPICY and amazing! Mom’s dessert, the cappuccino pot thing, was nasty….it had a weird texture.

After dinner we went and changed into our swim wear and hit Havana, and again we had the pool and hot tubs to ourselves. I’m loving this! We were in the water for maybe an hour, then Mom said she was winding down. I told her to go take her shower first and I would get a drink at the bar and be right back to the room. 

Well….one drink turned into 3 Cuban iced teas and 2 shots, as I made friends at the bar. I met another Stephanie about my age, and her husband, whose name is Chris! We sat and chatted (and drank) for a long time. So long, in fact, that who should come looking for me IN HER PAJAMAS? Thanks Mom for embarrassing me in front of my new friends! She CLAIMS that she was FaceTiming Dad to show him the Havana area and that he wanted to say hi to me…yeah whatever. I felt like a naughty high schooler being caught out drinking past curfew. 

Around 11 I decided that I better call it a day. I reached lucky 13 on my Cheers package and was feeling pretty dang good. Those Cuban Iced teas are the bomb, that is my new go-to Havana drink! I came back to the room, took my shower, and Mom grumpily told me to shut the light off, quit talking, and go to bed. SHE is to blame for the lack of evening update. 🙂

This is one of the funniest stories I've read on here in forever! A great story to tell when everyone is sitting around watching over Grandma. 🙂

MY sister had a hip replacement at about 75.  She was up to walk (reluctantly) the same day.  Came home the next day.  Doc told her there was no rehab except walking.  She used our downstairs bedroom and her first night home I slept in the recliner in the family room.  She got herself up with a walker and to the bathroom.  Her daughter dragged her around the house for walking rehab.  I think she lasted three nights downstairs before she hauled herself upstairs to her own bed.  You have to understand that my sister was very sedentary and exercise was never a priority unless shopping in port.  EM

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Thanks for the pic, not my Zoltan👍

So sorry to hear about your grandma’s hip. Make sure she stays on top of her physical therapy after her surgery. Saying more prayers for a complete recovery ❣️

Thank you! We are determined that she will keep on the PT after. We want her to be able to be as semi-independent like she was before! 

10 hours ago, SenatorsFan said:

Hope your grandma has a full recovery.

Thank you 

10 hours ago, edspec said:

Thinking positive thoughts for you and grandma @pirate4me2.

thanks so much 

4 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Sorry to hear about your Grandmom. Positive thoughts and prayers are on the way. 🙏

thank you 

2 hours ago, pe4all said:

Wishing a speedy recovery to your Grandma.  My sister fell and broke her hip, and they had her up and walking the next day after surgery - pins and all.  Try not to worry too much - you will be home in a few days, and she is in good hands until then.

That’s what the boys told us, that we only have two days left, which she will be in the hospital, so to keep on with the cruise. It’s just hard to be away. 

45 minutes ago, fla33023 said:

Sending lots of positive light and prayers to your Grandma and family. It sounds like she has a fantastic support system which will be a huge help to her. 

Yes, she does have us!!  

20 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

MY sister had a hip replacement at about 75.  She was up to walk (reluctantly) the same day.  Came home the next day.  Doc told her there was no rehab except walking.  She used our downstairs bedroom and her first night home I slept in the recliner in the family room.  She got herself up with a walker and to the bathroom.  Her daughter dragged her around the house for walking rehab.  I think she lasted three nights downstairs before she hauled herself upstairs to her own bed.  You have to understand that my sister was very sedentary and exercise was never a priority unless shopping in port.  EM

Hopefully my Grandma will be as determined as your sister!! She is pretty active, so hopefully that’ll help. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, fla33023 said:

This is one of the funniest stories I've read on here in forever! A great story to tell when everyone is sitting around watching over Grandma. 🙂

Haha it will be told for years to come I’m sure!! 

• Haha 4

@pirate4me2....so sorry to read about Grandmother's fall and hip situation.  Sending thoughts and prayers for speedy heeling for sure.

My mom had hip replacement surgery at 90 and did fantastic, she lives alone, no  issues.  So here is to prayers that a broken hip will heel and be good as new soon.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

@pirate4me2....so sorry to read about Grandmother's fall and hip situation.  Sending thoughts and prayers for speedy heeling for sure.

My mom had hip replacement surgery at 90 and did fantastic, she lives alone, no  issues.  So here is to prayers that a broken hip will heel and be good as new soon.

Thank you for the encouraging words!

@pirate4me2  we did the Fury Catamaran snorkel beach break years ago and loved it, good party after all the snorkeling was completed.  

In fact it was a ship excursion and we were LATE getting back to the ship, we departed as soon as we were back on the ship!

• Like 2

On 3/13/2024 at 1:27 PM, pirate4me2 said:

It’s no fun getting sick on/after vacation!!

One thing I find that seems to help me when feeling a bit off on a cruise is Gatorade.  Replaces salt etc from all the sweating and just helps rehydrate.  Helps the morning after too.🍹 😝  Last ship I was on had a green cucumber/melon which was good.  

Love the story of mom coming to check on you in her jammies.😂

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

Speedy recovery to your Grandma.  Hope she’s up and about as soon as possible after the surgery.  

Thank you 

32 minutes ago, nydney1 said:

Positive thoughts for you and your family. I’m sure Grandma will make a quick recovery.

Maybe she needs a cruise to recover.

haha I wish I could get her on a cruise!! I can hear it now: “Grandma, your therapy is to walk the promenade today!” 

16 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Sorry to hear about your grandmother and her fall. 

Prayers for her speedy recovery. 

Hope you had a great time today. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

Mom and I slept in until about 9:30 this morning. We were both worn out from stress over the grandma situation, so it was a slowwwwww start. We missed breakfast, so we drank some Naked juice from Java Blue and said we would just do an early lunch. 

We headed ashore at 11:15 and our goal was to find the pharmacy to get mom some amoxicillin. Her symptoms are mirroring the first virus I had a month ago, which the doc prescribed amoxicillin for, so we figured we would go ahead and get her started on it to see if it helps. We found the one in the port area, and for anyone who’s curious 100 capsule of 500 mg of amoxicillin is $51. 

After getting the “drugs” we went back aboard and had lunch. I got a Southwest wrap and salad, I forget what mom had. We noshed them down, then headed to the cabin to FaceTime with Gramdma. She is confused and in pain, but her spirits seemed to be up. We had a good chat with her, then changed and headed ashore for our excursion. 

• Like 11

Our adventure today, the Fury Catamaran Sail, Snorkel & Beach, met at the pier at 2:00. We went down at 1:45 and at first it was kinda chaotic, but once aboard it got better. Basically it was a 30 minute ride to the snorkel site, 30 minutes snorkeling, 10 minutes to the beach club, 90 minutes at the beach club, and 35 minutes back to the ship. Soda, water, beer, and margaritas were included onboard the boat. After snorkeling the margaritas were free flowing! At the beach club drinks, as well as hammocks, loungers, kayaks, WiFi, paddle boards, and the water park were included. It was a great afternoon. My drink never went dry, lots of laughs were had, and the water was PERFECT at the beach club! 

IMG_1874.jpeg

IMG_1876.jpeg

IMG_1877.jpeg

IMG_1878.jpeg

IMG_1879.jpeg

IMG_1884.jpeg

IMG_1885.jpeg

IMG_1886.jpeg

IMG_1883.jpeg

IMG_1898.jpeg

• Like 13