Nieuw Amsterdam in Port Everglades on March 23, 2024

ms Nieuw Amsterdam will be at pier 21 from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, and she is on a 7 Night Western Caribbean

image.jpeg.7a68efb798a66bca39b2c7c0c73fb933.jpeg

Also in port is Celebrity Equinox at pier 19 (4:30 am – 4:00 pm), Symphony of the Seas at pier 18 (5:00 am – 4:30 pm), Ruby Princess at pier 2 (5:15 am –  3:00 pm), and Celebrity Apex at pier 25 (6:00 am – 3:30 pm).

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/.

Next up:  Nieuw Statendam on March 24, 2024

Leanne

• Thanks 3

In case you have not heard, there was an unfortunate incident on NS earlier today.  Here is a press release from HAL.  No word whether upcoming schedule will be effected.

THIS IS AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM HOLLAND AMERICA LINE REGARDING THE EVENTS TODAY ON THE NIEUW AMSTERDAM.

We regret to share that while calling at Half Moon Cay, The Bahamas, there was an incident in an engineering space on board Nieuw Amsterdam, which sadly resulted in the death of two crew members.

The appropriate authorities were notified, and the cause of the incident is currently being investigated.

All of us at Holland America Line are deeply saddened by this incident and our thoughts and prayers are with our team members’ families at this difficult time. The safety, security and welfare of all guests and crew are the company’s absolute priority. We are offering counseling services to team members who may have been affected by the incident.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It will be a very sad and somber day today for HAL. I'm sure with the accident the NS will not be leaving on a cruise today. Condolences to all involved.

33 minutes ago, ski ww said:

It will be a very sad and somber day today for HAL. I'm sure with the accident the NS will not be leaving on a cruise today. Condolences to all involved.

Sorry wrong ship, it's the Nieuw Amsterdam.

1 hour ago, Charlene1985 said:

I am boarding Nieuw Amsterdam this afternoon.  I have a sympathy card for the Captain but would like to address it to him by name.  Does anyone have that information?  

Thank you. 

I think that you should address it to the Chief Engineer and not the Captain as it was a 3rd Engineer and Wiper that lost their lives, not deck officers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Charlene1985 said:

I am boarding Nieuw Amsterdam this afternoon.  I have a sympathy card for the Captain but would like to address it to him by name.  Does anyone have that information?  

Thank you. 

Bon Voyage.  I can't answer the question but when you get to your cabin there should be a screen on your  TV with the key officers.

You'll probably need to watch the safety video before you can get to it.

Roy

• Like 2

So, Apex is confirmed for 3:30, 

Ruby is confirmed for 4:00, 

Symphony is confirmed for 4:30

Equinox is still scheduled (not confirmed) for 4:45, and 

Nieuw Amsterdam is confirmed for 6:00.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1