The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday April 2nd, 2024

kazu

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

The oral surgeon was a nice person, who shook my hand like a yankee, none of that wimpy girly handshake that most southern men have (no offense to any southern men here, it was the way you were raised, you are not responsible).  Either that or the doc likes to inflict pain, either way., I liked him.  He came up with a plan B, which saves me tons of money.

The tooth does not hurt. It had a root canal years ago, but what remained had dissolved and the pain is in the sinuses.  I often wondered why my head hurt when i laid down to sleep.  And now that the pain has a cause and has been identified, it really hurts. It comes out at 8 am on May 10th.  Due to all the complications with my lungs, he will dope me up, and use laughing gas.  I will not be asleep. 

HIs plan, once the tooth is pulled, and what ever infection is going on has been treated, do nothing.  Not to worry about the empty space.  He said it's so far back in my mouth it wont really show.  My smile apparently is not that big.  My dentist was worried about the rest of the teeth shifting.  Since the one next to it also has a post in it ,it wont move, and the one in the back will move forward?  I'm cool with that.   It shouldn't affect my eating, because i chew on the right side, not the left.  There will just be a space there, somewhere to store my tic tacs.🙄

I just checked in on NOAA Weather, and for my county it states the following-

.DAY ONE...Today and Tonight...

A line of thunderstorms is expected to move through north and
central Georgia this evening and into the overnight hours. A few
of the thunderstorms could be severe and capable of producing
damaging wind gusts, large hail and a few tornadoes.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Wednesday through Monday...

Areas of frost are possible across portions of north Georgia
Thursday, Friday and Saturday mornings. The potential for frost is
highest north of the Interstate 20 corridor.

@AncientWanderer Migraines.  Had them for years.  My dad told me I would outgrow them.  There were two things that would help, putting my hands or feet in hot water.  This would relieve the pain for a while.  The other was a hand or foot massage.  Sometimes its just hard to find someone to rub your feet.  But what really cured me, and i have not had one migraine since January of 1990- I filed for divorce and left my husband.  Totally cured. I guess they were stress related.  My prayers go out to anyone who gets them.  I would be unable to stand when I had one, and passed out several times from the pain. 

@RMLincolnGreat news on your hubby's eye!  It deserves a 

c9c44c264e00c3246a6b7be08d152782.jpg

@aliaschiefYou can post us news and photos from any ship you want. I have been thoroughly enjoying your cruise.  The Dailyites took me in and accepted me, and all I had to show for cruising as an adult was with (gag) Carnival. I don't say that gag lightly. I'm platinum with them.  But until they throw the chefs overboard, I wont get on another one.  Last years cruise offered the most disgusting food I have ever eaten in my life-worse than the cow tongue my dad ordered by mistake for me when arrived in France.  He recognized the word boeuf, and thought he had ordered a steak.  And the tongue was not bad, it was just weird.  Even the waitresses on that cruise apologized for the food. Mainly because they knew that most of it was sent back.

@bennybearThose chocolates look wonderful= the one that is missing?  What was in it? Are they solid, liquid? or just absolutely as  delicious as they look?

My favorite port is Progresso Mexico.  I have always hoped to see it as the port of the day, and never have in the time I have been here.  I just thought that the ports were HAL ports. The pier is so long, you can see it from space.  (I have not been to space)The port itself is not that great, but the places to get an excursion there are incredible.

Tigger found a hole in the screen, well maybe I pointed it out to him, and he came through the hole about an hour after I showed him.  He and the other fur babies are very chill today.  No fighting, no biting, they are enjoying the warmth.

And well that they should as the windows are open, and the pollen is floating by- because there is that word FROST in the forecast.  grrr. Luckily all my weeds are really growing well, and I have not purchased or planted a thing.

LOL!  I couldn’t post them if I didn’t know they were good!  My favourite was a passion fruit ganache,  it’s missing but there were two.  I also really like the early grey lavender and earl grey roses,  there’s a a matcha one, a cardamom one, espresso,  hazelnut….. It was hard to choose!  They’re a chocolate shell mostly filled with different flavoured chocolate ganache.  They had beautiful raspberry truffle bunnies,and key lime ones as well as chocolate dinosaurs.    Ridiculously pricey but beautiful and we were married at Easter🤷‍♀️

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 15

@bennybear  those chocolates look and sound delicious.

@Quartzsite Cruiser  travel safely.

@ger_77  thank you for sharing your Easter Sunday day with us,  you are a wonderful caring person, Ollie  will always appreciate how you helped her and Gord. Sending our Sincere sympathy.

@RMLincoln such good news about Richard's eye.

@marshhawk pleased that you have a good plan after your dental visit.

@aliaschief  really enjoying your cruising reports and superb photos, please continue.  You are a very important contributor to the HAL boards. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Yikes!

A dream cruise vacation has turned into a nightmare for eight passengers left stranded on the African island of São Tomé and Príncipe after their ship left without them because they were late to return from a private tour.

The tourists — six from the U.S. and two from Australia — were aboard the Norwegian Dawn, a Norwegian cruise line ship, which departed from Cape Town, South Africa, on March 20, for a 21-day voyage up the coast of Africa set to end in Barcelona, Spain, on April 10.

Happily, everyone has reboarded back on the ship.  Except for the one that was too ill to continue, and she went straight home.  I am glad it all worked out for everyone, and I hope that the other one gets better soon.

• Like 9

Good Evening Everyone,

I just want to say thank you to all who contribute to the Daily!  The support you have given to me and others in regards to losing family and friends, health scares and other difficulties along with celebrating new babies, achievements, anniversaries and other happy events.  It is so nice to visit (read) with the group of people that come here, I know I would enjoy meeting with you in person!

I just want everyone to know I enjoy your sharing (I don't want to mention names specifically because I would accidentally leave someone out!).

The Daily is a place a stop by almost every day, and I sure would miss it if you didn't come and share.  Thank you for this community.

Thank you!

Denise

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, kd1044 said:

Happily, everyone has reboarded back on the ship.  Except for the one that was too ill to continue, and she went straight home.  I am glad it all worked out for everyone, and I hope that the other one gets better soon.

Welcome to the Fleet Report/Daily.  Please join us again.

Lenda

• Like 7

@ottahand7 Yes Nancy, the surgery was at Wilmer Eye Institute of John’s-Hopkins in Bethesda MD.  We’ll be back in 3 weeks for the left eye. The surgery is a Trabeculectomy. In 2023 they did 2 surgeries to implant drains/stents/shunts, which helped but not enough. DH has a low pressure version of glaucoma meaning that even at relatively modest pressures his optic nerve still gets damaged. The surest way to get the pressures down and eliminate the meds he became allergic to was this path!  I am so grateful. We have another long and dicey road to go but we’re making Amazing progress! 
m—

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, marshhawk said:

two to go plates please, and thanks for sharing the secret.  How much boursin?

For 4 potatoes he uses half a container of Boursin. We always have some in the freezer and we’ve found that it’s about $2 cheaper at Trader Joe’s. He also uses a food mill for the potatoes, it makes them fluffy and no lumps. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Checking out Instagram a while ago and saw a picture of Ren at the game yesterday.  What a runner he is!

I believe they were playing a Mexican team.  There are 15 countries represented at the Adidas Generation Cup.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Thank you Joy.  I hope the mammogram results are good for you.

No problem at all posting about your Azamara cruise in my opinion.  Everyone has seen my photos from over 50 Princess cruises, my Seabourn cruises, even one Celebrity cruise.  We all enjoy comparing features of the lines but especially all the photos of places around the globe.  Please continue!

What great news about Richard's eye!  Hoping the next surgery is that successful.  I know it hasn't been easy but the results speak for themselves.

Thank you Nancy!

I believe the eclipse will be going through Southeast Missouri so my twin and her DH may drive down to our parent's gravesite in their small town cemetery and watch from there.  They will see a total eclipse for 3 to 4 minutes.  All the hotels have been booked for a year or more.  They only live 2 hours away at most but there's sure to be traffic.

Thank you @Niagarawine!

Thanks so much Maxine!  I hope the elusive migraine med is eventually found.

Karen, I wish I had good eyesight.  It takes a decent prescription to see anything, and a magnifying glass to make sure I'm seeing the proper icon on the chart.  Thanks for your nice comments.  Hope your snowfall is light.

Thanks a lot, Debbie!  Hopefully Chris will be pleased.

I need to find out when the Meet & Greet will be for the June 8 Zuiderdam cruise.  Will you be on for the entire 42 days?  There are so many segments for us I don't think I'll attend each and every Meet & Greet.

Thanks so much Vanessa!  I'm sorry about the amount of walking for you today.  I hope you can put your feet up and  rest those legs tonight, and get some sleep.  Does any pain killer help you?  I hope your upcoming surgery relieves you of this pain permanently.

Good morning Sandi.

My internet is back on.

Your photos are a joy to see and I agree it doesn't matter what ship you are on.

My photos are mainly from P&O,Princess and Royal Caribbean.

It is raining here and 46°F.

I hope everyone has a great day.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1