The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday April 2nd, 2024

kazu

Posted (edited)

Good morning and thanks all! 

@summer slope prayers for Mike, so hard away from home!  
@smitty34877 so sorry to hear Tana and you all had such a tough night, hoping you all get some relief! 
@ger_77 please don’t apologize, it’s a privilege and honour to help others,  grief is such a tough thing and sharing helps!  
@aliaschief I have loved following your adventures!  So glad you have shared!   I think we are united by a common love of HAL, but it’s always good to broaden one’s horizons.  Thank you!  
@RMLincoln happy for your wonderful news about the positive outcome for all you’ve been through for DH’s eye!

@marshhawk good luck today! 
@Nickelpenny sorry you had bad results, hoping you can maintain your joint health! 

We got our snow warning yesterday, today will be very pleasant and than lots of snow.  The joys of a Canadian spring!  

Had to share some amazing local chocolates we had!   Such a great name, the chocolate lab!  

IMG_4384.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 6

@aliaschief Bruce, I've been a Daily-ite since day 1. We have such a great supportive and friendly place here.

I was at first surprised to see other folks posting on our HAL Daily about their other cruise experiences but now I enjoy seeing pictures and hearing of other cruise experiences. 

• Like 22

Maureen @RMLincoln  Great news on your DHs eye treatment success.  Didn't he get his treatment at the Wilmer Eye Institute in Baltimore.  

@Nickelpenny so sad to read that your knee has deteriorated.   

Sandi @StLouisCruisers great work on the Christmas stocking.   

@aliaschief I have totally enjoyed following on your world cruise on Azamara.  Please continue!  

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, kazu said:

Today is National Ferret Day, National Love Your Produce Manager Day, and National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day

Give the world the best you have anyway.--Kent M. Keith, The Silent Revolution: Dynamic Leadership in the Student Council

Meal Suggestion for today - Healthy French Toast Casserole
Drink of the Day - Purple Butterfly 
Wine of the Day - Freakshow Cabernet Sauvignon 
Destination of the Day - Townsville, Australia

Today in History:
1513 Explorer Juan Ponce de León claims Florida for Spain as the first known European to reach Florida

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Kralendijk Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles 08:00 - 18:00 

Koningsdam

San Francisco, California 07:00 - 17:00 

Nieuw Amsterdam

Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos 08:00 - 17:00 

Nieuw Statendam

Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos 07:00 - 15:00 

Oosterdam

Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles 08:00 - 17:00 

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Kralendijk Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles eta 04-03

Volendam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 04-06

Zaandam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 04-13

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Melbourne, Victoria Australia eta 04-04

Westerdam

Hiroshima City, Japan Hiroshima 08:00 - 17:00 

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Victoria, Seychelles eta 4/4

I like that quote to give your best anyway and thanks for the daily. Going nuts g

here in Niagara ,expecting a million visitors for the eclipse lasting three minutes. In Hamilton one minute and twenty seconds. They are filling the football field here with activities. Hope they know enough not to look at the sun directly. Can’t believe the fuss in Canada along with carbon tax deal. Rainy and cool and my daffodils are blooming wildly!

• Like 23

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Hello again.  I took a photo of 90 days work on my latest Christmas stocking for Chris (DGD Ashley's fiancé).  I am considering moving down to the foot of the stocking now, just below the manger to work for a while since it looks harder than the remainder of the top of the stocking.  Once I'm on a ship at Knitters and Knatters get togethers, it will be harder to keep my concentration on what color goes where.  I just finished the area where the bright 8 pointed star will be.  When I get to that it requires white for the star, pale yellow for an aura around the star, and a mix of 1 strand of pale yellow and 3 strands of light sky blue to finish it off.  That should pop!

Today's photo:

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

And the chart for the bottom of the stocking.  There will be two lambs and two cats plus a whole lot more straw on the floor.  

Back to work shortly.

Terry I'm sorry to hear about Tana's worsening cough and wheezing.  I hope the hospice nurse can help somehow.  Prayers for her. 🙏

Those cooling breezes sound good to me.  I'm very uncomfortable in the high heat and humidity in that area of the globe.  Thank you for the lovely photos of your amazing evening.

Prayers for Mike that he can recover from the double pneumonia soon.  And for Sue who is no doubt very worried.  Thanks for letting us know so we can put them on the Care list.

That stocking is just beautiful. You are very talented!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

First off, on this thread you are not posting to "a HAL audience", but to to a group of friends (even if many of us have never actually met). Lots of folks post here about their lives that have little to do with HAL and cruising. I think we all enjoy hearing about all the ups and try to comfort about all the downs. Your posts from the Azamara Onward fit with this IMHO.

Secondly, learning about other cruise lines and ports from folks we can trust is very valuable. Keep it up!

Perfectly stated OHF!

• Like 16

Greetings friends.  Back from an early neurologist appointment,  The hunt for the perfect migraine med continues.  Very doubtful there is one.

Ferrets?  No thanks.  But a PB&J is always good; purple drinks are pretty, and management of our produce is very important.

@cat shepard, I hope your jury duty experience is a good one.  

@doobieb, stay safe.  Scary storm warning!

@dfish, hope your eye feels better.  

@smitty34877, I hope you find some time to rest after a rough night.

@aliaschief, your photos are a treat.  And HAL can use some friendly "peer pressure" from the competitors.  

@summer slope, your friends Mike and Sue are in our prayers as Mike struggles with pneumonia.

@StLouisCruisers, your needlework is gorgeous.  Such an intricate design!  Beautiful!

@Nickelpenny, I hope you find some relief for your knees.

@marshhawk, wishing you a good visit with the oral surgeon,

@RMLincoln, excellent news about DH's eyes.  What a load off!

@bennybear, the chocolates are beautiful.  And so unusual!

@Quartzsite Cruiser, stay safe on the road!

It's very nice out today in San Diego.  We again have DD's pommie along with our own, so lots of dog walks today.

Wishing everyone the best possible Tuesday.  ❤️

• Like 17
  • Thanks 8

Good afternoon from a very wet day in SE Wisconsin, it's supposed to change to snow later this evening.  The total amounts aren't "for sure" yet.  Sounds like farther north may be worse.

@dfishthe french toast sounds good! 

@smitty34877prayers that Tana feels better soon, and that the nurse can help. 

@StLouisCruisersYour stocking looks beautiful!  You must have very good eyes! 

@summer slopeprayers for your friends.

@RMLincolngood news about your DH's eye pressures! 

@aliaschiefI'm enjoying your seeing your travel photos! 

I'm being lazy today, but, I do have a sewing project I could work on!  We did get to the gym this morning, and got our voting done.  

Have a good day, Karen

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Thank for posting the locations of the HAL Fleet, and the daily.

A  couple of comments about the Noordam, the night lights are such a good idea in the main room, the dressing area and the bathroom.

Appreciated the library, including the Book Exchange shelf.  Also the books in the Neptune lounge drawers, where I found a Ruth Rendall that we had not previously read.

Will read all the posts later,

• Like 24

Sorry to hear about more medical issues but glad to hear that @RMLincoln's DH eye surgery was a success.  

I am relatively new here but even though I don't post much I love seeing all the pictures and hearing about everyone's cruises and travels. It allows me to go to visit places virtually that I probably will never get to see.  

Sandy,  your stocking is incredible.  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @kazu @richwmn and maps @rafinmd.

Ferrets are ok. I don't know the produce manager at my usual grocery store, but they have a nice assortment. I like the occasional PB&J(am) sandwich. Good quote. The meal sounds yummy. Pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Townsville.

It has been pouring rain here since last night, with thunder at times. There are flood watches. This afternoon late and tonight are expected to be worse, with rain, hail and higher winds, and possibly a tornado watch. At least it's not snow, like the northeast is going to get. I've been up since around 3:45 AM. I had an early appointment and knew the parkway would be bad with the rain. Luckily there was a little lull when I left, but raining hard when I got to the hospital. No handicapped parking spaces to be had. And the elevators near the office were out, supposedly since last Wednesday! So much more walking was involved. My hearing and tinnitus are about the same. Then I went to get lab work, some of which is already coming back. I ran home for a quick minute, then off to PT. Oh the pain - too much walking, rain, who knows?

@seagarsmoker You can have some of our rain!

@StLouisCruisers Ren and his team seem to be doing well. The stocking is gorgeous!

@cat shepard Good luck with jury duty. I'm sure Bindi wonders what's going on.

@dfish Sorry about the eye. I'd think allergies would affect both. Could you have pink eye?

@smitty34877 I'm sorry to hear that Tana had a rough night and is coughing. I hope it's not pneumonia again. Good that the hospice nurse may take a look at her.

@aliaschief Beautiful pictures. I'm glad it's such a great cruise for you. And you're sharing with Dailyites who want to see!

@summer slope I'll add Mike and Sue to the Care List.

@Nickelpenny Sorry you didn't feel well enough to watch the launch last night. And to hear your knee x-rays report. Sadly I'm there with you, with a recommended left knee replacement.I had many steroid injections which stopped working. Then Synvisc, which didn't help. And because of my issues with the right leg, I've abused the left leg lately. I hope your other knee can qualify for the clinical trial.

@marshhawk I hope your appointment with the oral surgeon goes well.

@RMLincoln I'm doing the happy dance about DH's eye results after surgery! 

@bennybear I'm drooling over those chocolates.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers to those Celebrating.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 8

Checking out Instagram a while ago and saw a picture of Ren at the game yesterday.  What a runner he is!

I believe they were playing a Mexican team.  There are 15 countries represented at the Adidas Generation Cup.

5 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites 

I'm waiting in Radiology for my mammogram appt. 

I just wanted to tell @summer slope your friends Mike and Sue are being prayed for.

@smitty34877 prayers for Tana, I hope her cough improves.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi your stocking is looking beautiful. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Can't say I've ever loved a produce person, not a fan of PB or Jelly. I used to make a French toast casserole at our B and B, but it really was not healthy! 

Sending you prayers and blessings. 

Thank you Joy.  I hope the mammogram results are good for you.

4 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Iv’e been questioning this; is it OK that I still keep posting from our different cruise  line experience to a Hal audience?

The best decision we made is not let loyalty decide your cruise line decisions but what works to recharge. The experience!

Our experience with Hal has been fantastic and we love the Hal Community.
Love the Daily. Bruce

No problem at all posting about your Azamara cruise in my opinion.  Everyone has seen my photos from over 50 Princess cruises, my Seabourn cruises, even one Celebrity cruise.  We all enjoy comparing features of the lines but especially all the photos of places around the globe.  Please continue!

4 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

The weather is cloudy, rainy, wind increasing and temps in the 40s. Not pleasant but no snow and nothing severe like other places. Blessings for those out in more dangerous conditions. 

🎉😅Here’s some happy medical news!  DH’s visit with eye doctor has us declaring Victory!  The complex glaucoma surgery in January has his right eye pressure low and stable!  I think this news has been sinking in all night!  He’ll finish up 2 more weeks of the post surgery steroid drops and be done!  The hope is that there’ll be no more need for the meds he’s allergic too in that eye!  But what it really means is that his doctors have saved his sight in at least his right eye apparently forever!  That means he won’t go blind!  At least not from glaucoma which is where he was heading. He can’t regain what’s been lost but he can and will be able to see!  Left eye surgery coming 4-23 to save left eye !  Another 3-4 months 🤞. I’m feeling my heaviest worries melt away!🌈 @JazzyVVanessa, we can all celebrate this. Thank you all for your support!  

@ger_77 Gerry, I’m glad you shared how it went with you and Ollie saying goodbye to Gord!  It’s traumatic and important. Ollie w had the privilege to walk with her beloved to his last day/only one of a couple gets to do that!  And you helped her!  It’s huge!  Thank you for sharing it with us, we’re here for you too. It is so not easy.  And thank you for being such a rich blessing in so many lives!  Update us when you can about your Ukrainian friends!  Your love spreads far and deep!  Blessings for Maurice every day in his challenges!  

@smitty34877Terry, so sorry for Tana’s bad night. DH coughed most of the night here, I’m wondering if it’s allergies. 

@summer slopeTough days for Mike and Sue. Hoping for a breakthrough soon and renewed hope and healing. Sounds like he is getting the care he needs, I hope she is managing to take care of herself. 

@marshhawk Gook luck at the oral surgeon office. Hoping you get the info you need. And the money comes in the best timing! 

No word on my SIL. My other brother and his wife were to be driving from NC to north PA today, a long day for them and iffy weather. 

I remember delicious banana bread French toast on the MDR menu, wow!  Don’t remember what ship, could have been Rotterdam, Or maybe our last cruise, NCL Joy. Not healthy but memorable !

Blessings to all in need near and far, our country, your country and the world. 

Cheers for all the joys!  Life is Good🌈

Smooth travels to all away, lots of Dailyites and families on the road, and lots of cruisers! Thanks all for being here! 
🙏 Maureen

What great news about Richard's eye!  Hoping the next surgery is that successful.  I know it hasn't been easy but the results speak for themselves.

2 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Maureen @RMLincoln  Great news on your DHs eye treatment success.  Didn't he get his treatment at the Wilmer Eye Institute in Baltimore.  

@Nickelpenny so sad to read that your knee has deteriorated.   

Sandi @StLouisCruisers great work on the Christmas stocking.   

@aliaschief I have totally enjoyed following on your world cruise on Azamara.  Please continue!  

Thank you Nancy!

2 hours ago, Niagarawine said:

I like that quote to give your best anyway and thanks for the daily. Going nuts g

here in Niagara ,expecting a million visitors for the eclipse lasting three minutes. In Hamilton one minute and twenty seconds. They are filling the football field here with activities. Hope they know enough not to look at the sun directly. Can’t believe the fuss in Canada along with carbon tax deal. Rainy and cool and my daffodils are blooming wildly!

I believe the eclipse will be going through Southeast Missouri so my twin and her DH may drive down to our parent's gravesite in their small town cemetery and watch from there.  They will see a total eclipse for 3 to 4 minutes.  All the hotels have been booked for a year or more.  They only live 2 hours away at most but there's sure to be traffic.

2 hours ago, Niagarawine said:

That stocking is just beautiful. You are very talented!

Thank you @Niagarawine!

48 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Greetings friends.  Back from an early neurologist appointment,  The hunt for the perfect migraine med continues.  Very doubtful there is one.

Ferrets?  No thanks.  But a PB&J is always good; purple drinks are pretty, and management of our produce is very important.

@cat shepard, I hope your jury duty experience is a good one.  

@doobieb, stay safe.  Scary storm warning!

@dfish, hope your eye feels better.  

@smitty34877, I hope you find some time to rest after a rough night.

@aliaschief, your photos are a treat.  And HAL can use some friendly "peer pressure" from the competitors.  

@summer slope, your friends Mike and Sue are in our prayers as Mike struggles with pneumonia.

@StLouisCruisers, your needlework is gorgeous.  Such an intricate design!  Beautiful!

@Nickelpenny, I hope you find some relief for your knees.

@marshhawk, wishing you a good visit with the oral surgeon,

@RMLincoln, excellent news about DH's eyes.  What a load off!

@bennybear, the chocolates are beautiful.  And so unusual!

@Quartzsite Cruiser, stay safe on the road!

It's very nice out today in San Diego.  We again have DD's pommie along with our own, so lots of dog walks today.

Wishing everyone the best possible Tuesday.  ❤️

Thanks so much Maxine!  I hope the elusive migraine med is eventually found.

28 minutes ago, quilty964 said:

Good afternoon from a very wet day in SE Wisconsin, it's supposed to change to snow later this evening.  The total amounts aren't "for sure" yet.  Sounds like farther north may be worse.

@dfishthe french toast sounds good! 

@smitty34877prayers that Tana feels better soon, and that the nurse can help. 

@StLouisCruisersYour stocking looks beautiful!  You must have very good eyes! 

@summer slopeprayers for your friends.

@RMLincolngood news about your DH's eye pressures! 

@aliaschiefI'm enjoying your seeing your travel photos! 

I'm being lazy today, but, I do have a sewing project I could work on!  We did get to the gym this morning, and got our voting done.  

Have a good day, Karen

Karen, I wish I had good eyesight.  It takes a decent prescription to see anything, and a magnifying glass to make sure I'm seeing the proper icon on the chart.  Thanks for your nice comments.  Hope your snowfall is light.

12 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

Sorry to hear about more medical issues but glad to hear that @RMLincoln's DH eye surgery was a success.  

I am relatively new here but even though I don't post much I love seeing all the pictures and hearing about everyone's cruises and travels. It allows me to go to visit places virtually that I probably will never get to see.  

Sandy,  your stocking is incredible.  

Thanks a lot, Debbie!  Hopefully Chris will be pleased.

I need to find out when the Meet & Greet will be for the June 8 Zuiderdam cruise.  Will you be on for the entire 42 days?  There are so many segments for us I don't think I'll attend each and every Meet & Greet.

7 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @kazu @richwmn and maps @rafinmd.

Ferrets are ok. I don't know the produce manager at my usual grocery store, but they have a nice assortment. I like the occasional PB&J(am) sandwich. Good quote. The meal sounds yummy. Pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Townsville.

It has been pouring rain here since last night, with thunder at times. There are flood watches. This afternoon late and tonight are expected to be worse, with rain, hail and higher winds, and possibly a tornado watch. At least it's not snow, like the northeast is going to get. I've been up since around 3:45 AM. I had an early appointment and knew the parkway would be bad with the rain. Luckily there was a little lull when I left, but raining hard when I got to the hospital. No handicapped parking spaces to be had. And the elevators near the office were out, supposedly since last Wednesday! So much more walking was involved. My hearing and tinnitus are about the same. Then I went to get lab work, some of which is already coming back. I ran home for a quick minute, then off to PT. Oh the pain - too much walking, rain, who knows?

@seagarsmoker You can have some of our rain!

@StLouisCruisers Ren and his team seem to be doing well. The stocking is gorgeous!

@cat shepard Good luck with jury duty. I'm sure Bindi wonders what's going on.

@dfish Sorry about the eye. I'd think allergies would affect both. Could you have pink eye?

@smitty34877 I'm sorry to hear that Tana had a rough night and is coughing. I hope it's not pneumonia again. Good that the hospice nurse may take a look at her.

@aliaschief Beautiful pictures. I'm glad it's such a great cruise for you. And you're sharing with Dailyites who want to see!

@summer slope I'll add Mike and Sue to the Care List.

@Nickelpenny Sorry you didn't feel well enough to watch the launch last night. And to hear your knee x-rays report. Sadly I'm there with you, with a recommended left knee replacement.I had many steroid injections which stopped working. Then Synvisc, which didn't help. And because of my issues with the right leg, I've abused the left leg lately. I hope your other knee can qualify for the clinical trial.

@marshhawk I hope your appointment with the oral surgeon goes well.

@RMLincoln I'm doing the happy dance about DH's eye results after surgery! 

@bennybear I'm drooling over those chocolates.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers to those Celebrating.

Thanks so much Vanessa!  I'm sorry about the amount of walking for you today.  I hope you can put your feet up and  rest those legs tonight, and get some sleep.  Does any pain killer help you?  I hope your upcoming surgery relieves you of this pain permanently.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

Greetings, everyone!

It is a rainy day here so I have gotten a lot of work done and now I find extra time on my hands.  

Sue and I went to our favorite shop this morning and bought the place out.  Well, not quite, but it felt like it.  I got a couple pairs of fun slacks and a really fun dress.  The dress will be great for summer.  Then we went and loaded up on coffee at our favorite coffee place.  That is one indulgence we allow ourselves on a regular basis.  We came home and made a pot of Cherry Bomb.  My favorite is the Hawaiian Macadamia Nut.  

@AncientWanderer  Sue suffers from migraines as well and was hoping with increasing age and certain changes in hormones that they would go away, but no such luck.  She takes some meds to reduce the number of headache days, but still manages about one a week.  Being on a BHB must be helpful as we were there for 18 days and she only had one.  

@JazzyV Oh my, Vanessa.  I think I would have sat down and cried when I saw the elevator out of order.  I don't think this is pink eye as the eye itself is fine.  The problem is the eyelid.  It looks bruised and swollen.  I wonder if something bit me.  

@summer slope Healing thoughts for your friend Mike and comfort for his wife.  

@RMLincoln Great news about DH Richard's eye!   We need to hear more like this.

@smitty34877 Hugs to you and warm thoughts for Tana.  I hope it is something that can be handled easily.

@StLouisCruisers I love your stocking!  That takes a great amount of patience.  Ren is quite the athlete and the picture could be a poster!  

@Nickelpenny I hear you about the knee.  Mine were really holding me back and injections only work so long.  I had both replaced and I am glad I did.  My mobility is much greater now with the "new" knees.  One friend waited too long and they had to rebuild part of the bone.  Don't get to that point.

@tupper10 Glad to see that you are comfortable posting here.  I fear too many may think that we are a close knit clique.  While we are close, we do like newcomers!  

@erewhon Thanks for your comments about Noordam.  

The rain on the roof is very soothing and can easily lull one to sleep.  Sue is out!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6

@StLouisCruisers sandy we are on  with you starting June 29th. We have a 7 day Norway cruise before this one.  We get to Amsterdam on June 20th early morning and we booked the canal trip

that Jacqui recommended.  I am looking forward to meeting you and your DH.  And seeing the stocking in person.  

• Like 13

17 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Checking out Instagram a while ago and saw a picture of Ren at the game yesterday.  What a runner he is!

I believe they were playing a Mexican team.  There are 15 countries represented at the Adidas Generation Cup.

Thanks so much Vanessa!  I'm sorry about the amount of walking for you today.  I hope you can put your feet up and  rest those legs tonight, and get some sleep.  Does any pain killer help you?  I hope your upcoming surgery relieves you of this pain permanently.

Great photo of Ren!

I've only been taking Gabapentin, which is supposed to help nerve pain. My PCP added Cymbalta, another med for nerve pain, but it gave me headaches and dry mouth, so I stopped it (I also read horror stories of people on it long term trying to get off. It's also used for depression). Ibuprofen doesn't help it. And I haven't had anything stronger, like a narcotic type medication.

• Like 16

Posted (edited)

Volendam's Captain Rens Van Eerten just announced that we are currently over 1,100 miles to the nearest land in any direction. We are, he told us, in the middle of nowhere!

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 20
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Iv’e been questioning this; is it OK that I still keep posting from our different cruise  line experience to a Hal audience?

The best decision we made is not let loyalty decide your cruise line decisions but what works to recharge. The experience!

Our experience with Hal has been fantastic and we love the Hal Community.
Love the Daily. Bruce

Bruce, I understand your question as this is the HAL board BUT this thread is not like others.  There are people who have never/ have quit/ rarely sail HAL.  Pics of the ports are from many different lines so you are not out of order at all.  Moreover, you have been part of the HAL board for a very long time and I am sorry you even thought you shouldn’t be posting here 😔. Please keep posting.  I’ve been curious about Azamara and really appreciate you sharing your experiences and photos.  Please, please, don’t stop.  there would be a sad gap in the Daily if you did.

5 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

🎉😅Here’s some happy medical news!  DH’s visit with eye doctor has us declaring Victory!  The complex glaucoma surgery in January has his right eye pressure low and stable!  I think this news has been sinking in all night!  He’ll finish up 2 more weeks of the post surgery steroid drops and be done!  The hope is that there’ll be no more need for the meds he’s allergic too in that eye!

That is great news,Maureen.  I am so glad he is recovering so well.

5 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

I remember delicious banana bread French toast on the MDR menu, wow!  Don’t remember what ship, could have been Rotterdam, Or maybe our last cruise, NCL Joy. Not healthy but memorable !

Can’t speak to NCL, but that is on the MDR & PG menu every morning.  DD DH would splurge and have it at least once a cruise.  He loved it.

9 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Volendam's Captain Rens Van Eerten just announced that we are currently over 1,100 miles to the nearest land in any direction. We are, he told us, in the middle of nowhere!

You are so lucky to have Captain Van Eerten.  One of the very best. I’m guessing with the length of time he has been on, he probably will be getting off when we board on the 21st. 😔. Do I dare even hope I am wrong? 🤞 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Lots of warnings on the news about storms tonight. There has already been some flooding. Supposedly the most rain in a single day since 1977!

I just got an email that a section of the parkway I need to take tomorrow (called the "bathtub" because it floods often, despite pumps to avoid that) for my Cardiology appointment, will close at 10am or earlier due to anticipated flooding. Everyone stay safe!

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 8

Posted (edited)

The oral surgeon was a nice person, who shook my hand like a yankee, none of that wimpy girly handshake that most southern men have (no offense to any southern men here, it was the way you were raised, you are not responsible).  Either that or the doc likes to inflict pain, either way., I liked him.  He came up with a plan B, which saves me tons of money.

The tooth does not hurt. It had a root canal years ago, but what remained had dissolved and the pain is in the sinuses.  I often wondered why my head hurt when i laid down to sleep.  And now that the pain has a cause and has been identified, it really hurts. It comes out at 8 am on May 10th.  Due to all the complications with my lungs, he will dope me up, and use laughing gas.  I will not be asleep. 

HIs plan, once the tooth is pulled, and what ever infection is going on has been treated, do nothing.  Not to worry about the empty space.  He said it's so far back in my mouth it wont really show.  My smile apparently is not that big.  My dentist was worried about the rest of the teeth shifting.  Since the one next to it also has a post in it ,it wont move, and the one in the back will move forward?  I'm cool with that.   It shouldn't affect my eating, because i chew on the right side, not the left.  There will just be a space there, somewhere to store my tic tacs.🙄

I just checked in on NOAA Weather, and for my county it states the following-

.DAY ONE...Today and Tonight...

A line of thunderstorms is expected to move through north and
central Georgia this evening and into the overnight hours. A few
of the thunderstorms could be severe and capable of producing
damaging wind gusts, large hail and a few tornadoes.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Wednesday through Monday...

Areas of frost are possible across portions of north Georgia
Thursday, Friday and Saturday mornings. The potential for frost is
highest north of the Interstate 20 corridor.

@AncientWanderer Migraines.  Had them for years.  My dad told me I would outgrow them.  There were two things that would help, putting my hands or feet in hot water.  This would relieve the pain for a while.  The other was a hand or foot massage.  Sometimes its just hard to find someone to rub your feet.  But what really cured me, and i have not had one migraine since January of 1990- I filed for divorce and left my husband.  Totally cured. I guess they were stress related.  My prayers go out to anyone who gets them.  I would be unable to stand when I had one, and passed out several times from the pain. 

@RMLincolnGreat news on your hubby's eye!  It deserves a 

c9c44c264e00c3246a6b7be08d152782.jpg

@aliaschiefYou can post us news and photos from any ship you want. I have been thoroughly enjoying your cruise.  The Dailyites took me in and accepted me, and all I had to show for cruising as an adult was with (gag) Carnival. I don't say that gag lightly. I'm platinum with them.  But until they throw the chefs overboard, I wont get on another one.  Last years cruise offered the most disgusting food I have ever eaten in my life-worse than the cow tongue my dad ordered by mistake for me when arrived in France.  He recognized the word boeuf, and thought he had ordered a steak.  And the tongue was not bad, it was just weird.  Even the waitresses on that cruise apologized for the food. Mainly because they knew that most of it was sent back.

@bennybearThose chocolates look wonderful= the one that is missing?  What was in it? Are they solid, liquid? or just absolutely as  delicious as they look?

My favorite port is Progresso Mexico.  I have always hoped to see it as the port of the day, and never have in the time I have been here.  I just thought that the ports were HAL ports. The pier is so long, you can see it from space.  (I have not been to space)The port itself is not that great, but the places to get an excursion there are incredible.

Tigger found a hole in the screen, well maybe I pointed it out to him, and he came through the hole about an hour after I showed him.  He and the other fur babies are very chill today.  No fighting, no biting, they are enjoying the warmth.

And well that they should as the windows are open, and the pollen is floating by- because there is that word FROST in the forecast.  grrr. Luckily all my weeds are really growing well, and I have not purchased or planted a thing.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 4

Good afternoon and Happy Tuesday. I had a dermatology appointment this morning and read most of the posts there and then the rest at home. 

Pennie @Nickelpenny, I’m glad you didn’t stay up for the launch. It was just too overcast to see anything so you didn’t miss a thing. I hope you are feeling better today. 

Bruce @aliaschief, what!?!  I would be really sad if you didn’t post about your travels and cruises. 

I would have the meal suggestion for a family get together, like a brunch for a holiday. Today we are having TJ’s meatloaf with Craig’s famous mashed potatoes. I’m making asparagus as a side. It’s been so plentiful at the grocery store thanks to the produce manager. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, summer slope said:

I would like to add Mike and Sue on the care list.  They are snow birds and were heading home around March 11 with a stop in Cape Coral.  She texted me today that Mike has been in the ICU at Cape Coral hospital for 23 days with double pneumonia.  He now has a trac to help.  He had a minor cough the first of  March.

Prayers for Mike.my husband had a trach and now he’s right as rain and back to work.

• Like 11