The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday April 2nd, 2024

kazu

Today is National Ferret Day, National Love Your Produce Manager Day, and National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day

Give the world the best you have anyway.--Kent M. Keith, The Silent Revolution: Dynamic Leadership in the Student Council

Meal Suggestion for today - Healthy French Toast Casserole
Drink of the Day - Purple Butterfly 
Wine of the Day - Freakshow Cabernet Sauvignon 
Destination of the Day - Townsville, Australia

Today in History:
1513 Explorer Juan Ponce de León claims Florida for Spain as the first known European to reach Florida

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Kralendijk Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles 08:00 - 18:00 

Koningsdam

San Francisco, California 07:00 - 17:00 

Nieuw Amsterdam

Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos 08:00 - 17:00 

Nieuw Statendam

Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos 07:00 - 15:00 

Oosterdam

Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles 08:00 - 17:00 

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Kralendijk Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles eta 04-03

Volendam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 04-06

Zaandam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 04-13

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Melbourne, Victoria Australia eta 04-04

Westerdam

Hiroshima City, Japan Hiroshima 08:00 - 17:00 

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Victoria, Seychelles eta 4/4

• Like 18
  • Thanks 22

Today’s Care List:

Passing of Ger_77’s friend Gord on 3/31/2024

Passing of CrabbyPatti’s great Aunt Alice on 3/31/2024, age 98

RMLincoln’s DSIL back in the hospital, not doing well

Quartzsite Cruiser traveling back to TX

Vict0riann’s DD seeing Orthopedic doctor today

JazzyV with R leg pain, numbness

Baltimore Key Bridge collapse, 6 people presumed dead

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza; Haiti unrest

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues

StLouisCruisers’ DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Ger_77’s DH Maurice needing heart valve replacement

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Kazu getting a sitter for Ivan

USN59-79 in Taipei

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for SusieKIslandGirl (Discovery Princess Apr 3 to Apr 13) 10d Mexican Riviera with Total Solar Eclipse

3 days for Lobsternight (Koningsdam April 5 to April 27) 22d Solar Eclipse, Mexican Riviera and Hawaii

4 days for richwmn (Volendam next segment Apr 6 to Apr 21) 15d PC cruise

5 days for Heartgrove’s DW and DSIL (Rotterdam April 7 to April 13) 6d Western Caribbean

5 days for Overhead Fred (Nieuw Statendam Apr 7 to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure

5 days for Vict0riann (Nieuw Statendam Apr 7 to Apr 21) 14d 14 Night Bermuda, Brittany & The English Channel Expedition

GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam to Apr 6) B2B 7d Mexico + 7d Pacific Coastal, Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Smmessineo (Rotterdam to Apr 7) 9d S. Caribbean Wayfarer, POA1 & Huskerchick (Rotterdam to Apr 7) 9d S. Caribbean Wayfarer, Ocean sounds (Zaandam to Apr 13) 14d Solar Eclipse & Mexican Riviera, Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), Sailingdutchy (Nieuw Statendam Mar 31 to April 7) B2B 7d E. Caribbean + (Nieuw Statendam Apr 7 to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure, Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

• Like 15
  • Thanks 28

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report.

Nice morning here at 65 degrees, with an expected high of 85 this afternoon. Toes are crossed we get some rain tomorrow to knock some pollen out of the air. 🙂

I hope everyone has a great day!

045.JPG

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Purple Butterfly cocktail:

The "Purple Butterfly" cocktail is an enchanting and visually captivating drink that exudes elegance and charm. Inspired by the vibrant colors of a fluttering butterfly, this cocktail combines the fruity sweetness of blueberries with the floral notes of lavender, creating a delightful and refreshing libation. The Purple Butterfly delights the taste buds and captivates the eyes with its mesmerizing purple hue. Whether you're hosting a garden party or simply seeking a magical escape, the Purple Butterfly cocktail is sure to transport you to a world of beauty and grace.

Ingredients:
2 oz. vodka
1/2 oz. lemon juice
1/2 oz club soda
.25 oz lavender syrup
1 oz. blueberry liqueur
Directions:
In a cocktail shaker with ice cubes add the vodka, blueberry liqueur, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and lavender syrup. Shake vigorously for about 15 seconds
Strain the cocktail mixture into the glass. Top off the cocktail with club soda, and stir to combine.
Garnish the cocktail with fresh blueberries and a sprig of lavender for a touch of elegance and visual appeal(optional).

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 6.16.48 AM.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 22

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Cool and cloudy this morning, but we have a Special Weather Statement with possible bad weather beginning later today.  High winds with rain turning to snow.  Ugh.  We've got an appointment for an oil change and switching the snow tires to all season tires.  We don't need snow.  Oh well, I hope the power stays on.

I don't know anything about ferrets.  I love my produce manager.  I like peanut butter and jam, not jelly.

Good quote.

Not sure about the meal, I'll pass on the cocktail but I'll like the wine.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a good day.  Stay safe.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

A pleasant 70 right now with a high of 83, IMHO April and May along with October and November are the best months in Florida.

Good selection of days, who doesn’t like PB&J, I was actually a produce manager at a Kroger store in Chicago in 1964 for about 5 weeks the summer after I graduated high school, it was on an emergency basis as the regular produce manager quit, I did a decent job as I had worked in the produce department for 2 years in an after school job and on Saturdays, biggest problem I had was I had no clue on ordering.

The quote makes sense, everything I tried to do in my life I gave it my best except a few classes in high school mainly because of a dislike of some of my teachers.

The French Toast casserole sounds good.

I had the worst round of Golf in a while yesterday as I wasn’t feeling all that well with an upset stomach and a headache, back to 100% today.

Have a great day and stay well.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 33

Good morning friends!  Yesterday was a lot sunnier than they predicted but today they say cloudy all day, temp is currently 64 and the high temp will be 80.  Rain is expected to move in tonight, possibly severe thunderstorms at times.  Hope all in the path of the latest storm stay safe.

Thank you Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for posting the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps.  It appears N. Amsterdam and N. Statendam have yet to arrive but only N. Amsterdam will be in Turks and Caicos today.  N. Statendam is headed to Amber Cove, DR.  Well, no ferrets here to praise, and produce managers should be respected but loved?  Enjoy your peanut butter and jelly sandwiches today.  A nice quote.  I've really gotta see this healthy French toast casserole recipe!  The purple butterfly drink looks pretty but I doubt I'd enjoy it.  No thanks to the Cabernet Sauvignon wine.  Spain thought they were getting a nice spot in the New World but look who ended up with it.  Lol!  Thank you Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for your reports.

Prayers said on the treadmill this morning for all here on the Care list and there are quite a few of you who have concerns about health, pain, surgeries coming up, and many other worries and stress.  Also prayed for DB and great nephew Alex's new twins still "in the oven". 👶👶 And last but not least the people at war in Ukraine and Israel, hostages still held, and the military men and women in danger on bases and ships at sea.  🙏

Congratulations to the Celebration list including the long list of cruisers and folks preparing to join a ship this week.  The cruise lines must be thrilled with all the business.  Happy birthday and anniversary for anyone celebrating that. 🎂  Ann @cat shepard good luck with your jury duty.  I was on a jury on a big case in Columbus Ohio in around 1986 and that was the last time for me.  It's a privilege and an honor to serve on a jury.  We know you'll do a great job.  Thanks go to Vanessa @JazzyV for the lists today.  Keeping you high on the prayer list!🙏

The port today is Townsville, Australia.  That was the port before on March 30, 2021 and Sept. 21, 2022.  I'll post the links for you.  Even with a circumnavigation of Australia we haven't visited Townsville before though it would be great if we could see it someday.  So I have no photos, nor does Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser so I hope someone else can share some.  

I heard from DS yesterday afternoon after the FC Dallas U17 soccer game in Florida.  The team won Saturday, on Sunday lost in penalty kicks at the end.  Both teams had no score at the end of regulation so the other team won on penalty kicks. ☹️ FC Dallas won Monday's game and Ren played well.  DS said all the college scouts are there. The Notre Dame scout saw Ren's play and should be pleased with it.  Today is a day off from play.  More games coming up tomorrow onward.😀  DS was doing some fundraising after the game yesterday, driving down to Sarasota to meet with a donor to their university and discuss possibly where he would like to see his donations go.  All part of the job.

Have a great day everyone and please try to stay safe and keep well.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

Good Tuesday morning. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Rainy again today. These April showers hopefully will bring lots of May flowers. Today I have meetings and several clients. I am also reviewing programs for an upcoming conference. Lots to do. Allergies are bad today. Maple is a big one around here and of course, I have a huge maple next to the house that is leafing out right now. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Pin by Bren Axiak on Coffee time ☕️ | Cat coffee, Cat shop, Funny quotes

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Jacqui! Roy, thank you for our maps. It is still dark here. About to head out to bring Bindi’s food & Greenies to her spa. I missed her last night, but it is too stressful for her to drop her off every morning. The look she gives me when she realizes I am leaving stresses me out, too. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with all of us. We are such a busy (and ever growing) group! Praying for permanent pain relief for you. 

After dropping off Bindi’s food, I will head to the County Courthouse for day 1 of the trial. Not sure what else I will be able to do today. Hoping to get a walk in at lunchtime. 

IMG_2672.jpeg.7030fd0ba7ac0be96d932e2bc7b4cdb4.jpeg

IMG_2615.jpeg.cb242114ea6779ae1c094db303cabc50.jpeg

IMG_2632.jpeg.7279b86d14ec2a97d4e71f27490779f2.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Those suffering from pain, debilitating conditions, the loss of a loved one, trauma. The caregivers. Thinking of you & Tana, Terry. I am surprised that you did not hit traffic in Connecticut. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. 

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Freakshow Cabernet Sauvignon 2021

This Cab from Central California has lots of fans, is readily available and priced to try. Numerous online distributors with prices starting at$13.97.

Distributor notes

The fruit for this brute of a Cab comes from the original super freak, Michael Phillips vineyard located only a medicine balls toss away from the winery. Surprisingly nimble and elegant, showing great balance, strength, and poise. This Cabernet has a bouquet of dark cherry and roasted spices. Full bodied and mouth filling with gobs of blackcurrant, blackberry, charred oak, vanilla and cassis. Mild tannins with a mellow, long finish.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 18
  • Haha 2

Ann @cat shepard I hope Bindi does okay at her spa while you're on jury duty.  DD and I were just texting about Milo and Sadie.  While she goes to school all day they will be alone at home because her DH and 15 year old son are on spring break with her DH's Father.  Taking a road trip to the Blue Ridge mountains.  She thought about leaving music on all day on Alexa and I suggested she have Animal Planet on the TV so they can watch the other animals.  They love human interaction.  

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone and thanks to Roy, Rich, Vanessa, Dixie, Debbie & Ann.

Interesting collection of days.  The quote is a good one without the “anyway”.  French toast is healthy?  This I’ve got to see 😉 Ponce de Leon certainly made a name for himself in history.

IMG_2276.thumb.jpeg.1d1db8a178e873fc066668b253b0fb5e.jpeg

Sun is shining for the 3rd day in a row.  Better enjoy it while we can - there’s another storm on the way.  what looked like wet snow in the long term forecast is turning into another high wind scenario with heavy snow and then maybe rain.  

IMG_1743.thumb.jpeg.835fe1fea20bfaa764651605d28b4d53.jpeg

thank heavens I had changed Ivan’s grooming appointment due to my acupuncture appointment which might well be missed now.😅. I’ll give my acupuncturist a heads up at today’s appointment.  Not the same system as @puppycanducruise - sorry to hear you are getting one too. 😔 

IMG_2274.jpeg.7759ea6076c9d58f2bd421bf0263b1df.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, grief, pain, health issues, worries & those that need them 🙏 Cheers to those celebrating & cruising 🥂 

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

It looks like another great day on The Daily. Healthy French Toast? What could beat that!

My favorite produce managers are the local farmers. We have a great market two blocks from our house. It is the best spring, summer and fall social gathering event. Starts the first Thursday in May. Wonder about the story behind today’s quote. It is a good one to keep in mind. Weather today is about 70 already and feels balmy. Schools will dismiss at mid day because the threat of strong storms and tornados. My DD is a counselor at one school and both her DSs go to two different schools. Getting everyone home safely and quickly before the storms  should work as long as drivers are all cooperative with each other. 

@kazu, so glad the dog sitter has been scheduled and you feel good about it.  And most importantly Ivan is happy. I think our pets have good instincts. 

Saying prayers for all those in need and extra prayers for the caring community on The Daily. 

Hope to get a long walk with Max in early today, raincoats for both of us.💦☂️

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!

Today's forecast is cold and rainy.  I'm hoping that it helps bring the pollen down to a reasonable level.  My left eye is scratchy and itchy.  Actually, not the eye, but the eyelid.  This morning it is all swollen up and hurts.  I don't know what happened to it.  

Last night we attended a performance of Come From Away at the Center for the Arts.  It was a wonderful performance and ended with a standing ovation by the audience.  

I got a chuckle out of the name of today's meal.  Healthy?  Seriously, all those carbs buttered up and then doused with liquid sugar?  It appears in this first recipe the healthy title is claimed by the use of oat milk instead of regular milk and the addition of berries.   https://www.healthyseasonalrecipes.com/healthy-french-toast-casserole/

frenchtoastcasserole1.thumb.jpg.f55db739b9f0c323500fb97b17bc0e33.jpg

This one claims the healthy title with almond milk.  https://ifoodreal.com/french-toast-casserole/

frenchtoastcasserole2.thumb.jpg.92903b7cacfed40c92518a52e7e93aa9.jpgfrenchtoastcasserole2.thumb.jpg.92903b7cacfed40c92518a52e7e93aa9.jpg

And this one may be the healthiest of them all as it showcases blueberries, almond milk, and a sugar replacement.  Be careful of those sugar alcohols.  They can make a mess of your digestive system!  https://theskinnyishdish.com/blueberry-french-toast-casserole/

frenchtoastcasserole3.thumb.jpg.7f617b7ebb83df8795f188339bf5b22f.jpg

We won't be having french toast casserole here.  More likely tonight's dinner will be fish and vegetables.  Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Here's hoping this only posts once!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 19

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann.  I have a feeling Jacqui had to do some quick searching this morning as I looked at Rich’s database first thing this morning and it started with “Today is , , and” I went back to kitchen work probably while Jacqui was working on the days and didn’t get back to the daily for some time, so the maps came pretty late.

I think something is missing on the Zaandam.  She is not wandering aimlessly at sea until April 13.  This is what I think the itinerary is per cruisetimetables:

April 2: Manzanillo 10:00-18:00
April 3: Ixtapa 0700-1300
April 4: Huatulco 1100-1800
April 6: Puerto Vallarta 1200-2400
April 7: Puerto Vallarta 0000-1500
April 8: Mazatlan 1400-1800
April 9: Loreto 1400-2300
April 10: LaPaz 0800-1700
April 11: Cabo San Lucas 0700-1400
April 13: San Diego

I’ll pass on the ferrets and PBJ but salute our produce managers.  I like the quote. But have not been to Townsville.

I prefer my french toast without the casserole.   My alternative is Fresh Fruit with Peach Schnappes, Chilled Anjou Pear Soup, Linguini Carbanara, and Apple Sundae as served on MS Zaandam April 2, 2017:

dishes02.jpg

A bit of good news on the bridge.  A temporary channel is now open although only 10 feet deep (instead of 50 for the big ships).  It’s mostly for to get rescue equipment to the other side of the wreckage but I expect there may be some occasional barge traffic that can use it as well.

A very nasty rain this morning that may continue for most of the day.

Roy

• Like 26
  • Thanks 14

Thank you Jacqui, thank you Roy, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good morning. We will have four days of rain starting today with temperatures in the forties. I am not a PB and J fan and ferrets should be in someone else’s home. I like the quote and have not been to the port. Good produce is mainly available at the large Asian market and also at the Farmers markets that start up soon. The two nearest grocery stores have awful produce. Perhaps a new manager is needed.

Today I am doing laundry and grocery shopping. Dinner plans include shrimp  with gnocchi which everyone will eat. We are a little frazzled here as Tana had a very tough night . She is sleeping now which is unusual but we were up and coughing/wheezing from two o’clock on. I have a call into the hospice nurse as the cough sounds different to me. I will crash later but coffee is a wonderful thing in the morning.

Have a great day today.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 15

Today's sunrise is from my 2018 Crystal World Cruise.  April 2 was a sea day on Crystal Symphony from Easter Island to Robinson Crusoe Island:

dawn0402.jpg

Roy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 6

What a beautiful evening on the Coral Sea. Our under the stars Tuk Tuk Dinner has been spectacular.

Doesn’t get much better with the lighted lanterns swaying in the beautiful cooling breeze.

image.thumb.jpeg.83a34072ef78d7003346b366cc5791e8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5d99de62efc9229a47e07913e82d302e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fce81c856030b172273629ef0b5ff1d7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2ef0428ae7baf0bdb27424bdd4fc7305.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a34a91e8a67b0c86159b9ab7cc82baa1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f708a8df2e2b8b59fc016d2c2f42ed37.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.15eee881a9a27aacb061ba82e7f5e33c.jpeg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 8

Happy Peanut Butter & Jelly Day, my DHs favorite sandwich.  Peanut butter was considered a delicacy in the early 1900′s and was only served in New York City's finest tea rooms. In a May 1896 article published in the Good Housekeeping magazine, a recipe urged homemakers to use a meat grinder to make peanut butter and spread the result on bread. The first reference of peanut butter paired with jelly was published by Boston Cooking School Magazine of Culinary Science and Domestic Economics in 1901 using currant or crab apple jelly. In the late 1920′s the price of peanut butter declined and the sandwich became very popular with children. According to the Peanut Board, during World War II, both peanut butter and jelly were part of the United States soldiers military ration list.

Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 13