P&O Captain Schedule

Hi, 

I’m on both Ventura and Britannia this year and was hoping to know what Captains are on the ships this year. 

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

Above only goes to May, June or July depending on the ship. Had anyone got more up to date info ? 

Hopefully the next Moments magazine will have the next list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

IMG_0741.thumb.jpeg.1c1c7bc2b0d3e87718a0068fcf399bef.jpeg

Unfortunately this is not correct for Britannia. 

We had Karl Shepherd last week, who was replaced on Friday by his deputy, I think his name was Denis? 

Andy 

• Thanks 1

Just now, AndyMichelle said:

Unfortunately this is not correct for Britannia. 

We had Karl Shepherd last week, who was replaced on Friday by his deputy, I think his name was Denis? 

Andy 

Doesn’t surprise me 

• Like 1

Is it important to know who the captain is on the ship before you board ?

I have never been concerned enough to wonder who the captain will be.  We have had captains who have been almost invisible and we have had captains who have been out and about around the ship throughout the cruise but they make little difference to our enjoyment of the cruise

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have never been concerned enough to wonder who the captain will be.  We have had captains who have been almost invisible and we have had captains who have been out and about around the ship throughout the cruise but they make little difference to our enjoyment of the cruise

Definitely we have found if a captain is seen around the ship interacting, having a laugh, the crew seem to be happier. Captain who thanks the crew for the hard work goes a long way, having ones with decent briefing on weather etc. We’ve had Luko Vojvoda who I believe quit take over from Neil Turnball, hardly seen around the ship, quayside, announcements vague. Whereas Neil always seen around the ship, having photos taken, seen quayside, announcements more detailed and likes to have a laugh.

• Like 3

I disagree as they definitely set the tone and how the rules are applied. It is their ship to command in their way after all. I always check as there is one captain I personally will never want to sail with again - don’t ask me who but enough to say that I know of a few people who always check the captain before booking so to some of us it does make a big difference..

• Like 2

I had Captain Camby as my first captain, I’ll never forget his last night ‘speech’ he was thanking his crew for all their hard work - I was nearly in tears but then I was just loving everything and didn’t want to get off! Captains recently haven’t had much of an impression on me but I was pleased to have Camby again and Paul Brown and Neil Turnbull stood out too.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Me neither.  I cannot for the life of me see what difference it makes to your cruise at all. As long as they know what they are doing and don't make the same stupid jokes every day!!

• Like 1

If you want to renew your vows or get married, I’d sure rather have Neil Turnbull or Robert Camby they would be great fun and make it a real occasion you’d never forget!

• Like 3

It may not be important ,but there is no doubt when the crew have a good captain in charge IE, a peoples person , the whole ship is a happier place , we have noticed this with both sides of the coin

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Me neither.  I cannot for the life of me see what difference it makes to your cruise at all. As long as they know what they are doing and don't make the same stupid jokes every day!!

So true but there are so many people that think if the Captain speaks to them they become somehow more Important than the other passengers even though it is all PR, and the Captains must talk to thousands of passengers over the years.

Posted (edited)

Im' always pleased if I know it's going to be Robert Camby, Neil Turnbull , Paul Brown or Wesley Dunlop as I find them all personable and able to create a good atmosphere and a happy crew.

There is also one with whom I will avoid sailing after he ruined one cruise for me. Not saying whom.

Edited by Clodia

On 5/6/2024 at 2:29 PM, Clodia said:

Im' always pleased if I know it's going to be Robert Camby, Neil Turnbull , Paul Brown or Wesley Dunlop as I find them all personable and able to create a good atmosphere and a happy crew.

There is also one with whom I will avoid sailing after he ruined one cruise for me. Not saying whom.

My faves too!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I'm afraid one of those drives me nuts with his really pathetic, childish jokes.  It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't the same every day.

I'm guessing that would be Neil Turnbull. In contrast, I really like him. Unfortunately I haven't had him since Aurora went adult-only, as he likes to have his family with him in the school holidays and I only travel on the adult-only ships (not because I object to children but because anything bigger would be too big).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

I'm guessing that would be Neil Turnbull. In contrast, I really like him. Unfortunately I haven't had him since Aurora went adult-only, as he likes to have his family with him in the school holidays and I only travel on the adult-only ships (not because I object to children but because anything bigger would be too big).

Me too. I have always thought him a great Captain, is very visible and he is very popular with the crew which equals a happy ship.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I'm afraid one of those drives me nuts with his really pathetic, childish jokes.  It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't the same every day.

I'm with you on that and neither do I need to know every day how far we are from his home town! I'm not bothered who the captain is as long as he/she points the ship in the right direction and keeps us all safe.

17 minutes ago, Palaceman said:

I'm with you on that and neither do I need to know every day how far we are from his home town! I'm not bothered who the captain is as long as he/she points the ship in the right direction and keeps us all safe.

Was sitting on deck with some other people and there were groans every time he said the same thing again.   I'm on an adult only cruise, so why the totally childish remarks.  Totally pathetic.