Zuiderdam in Port Everglades on May 11, 2024

1 minute ago, leerathje said:

Zuidy is now showing 5:30 departure.

L.

This is more of what I expected from a returning World Cruise and turnaround day in PEV/FLL. Never early leaving.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SeaHunt said:

Do you think it would have something to do with the FLL air show? Not sure, but maybe they boat out and watch?

image.png.0fd241fc1d43043b37721d94a3cc236b.png

https://fortlauderdaleairshow.com/

image.png.8c902723077de3f3325cbdd3b060b7d5.png

Well, that explains it!   I thought it would have been busier tomorrow, as people will be out with their Moms.

L.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

Do you think it would have something to do with the FLL air show? Not sure, but maybe they boat out and watch?

image.png.0fd241fc1d43043b37721d94a3cc236b.png

https://fortlauderdaleairshow.com/

image.png.8c902723077de3f3325cbdd3b060b7d5.png

My sister and I were thinking that this was the reason. If it was over around three or so, it certainly makes sense. 

• Like 2

Looking forward to the final sailaway of the season. Zuiderdam also happens to be my next ship, in November (11 night southern caribbean). Sure would be nice to be on today's sailing!

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I have two 5' planter boxes on the outside of my covered back porch...one is herbs, and the other mini roses.  Decided to change out the soil and plants this year, so started working on the herb box....unfortunately ran out of soil!  Oh well, I guess that's my sign to come back for the sailaway!

L.

Edited by leerathje
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, leerathje said:

Well, that explains it!   I thought it would have been busier tomorrow, as people will be out with their Moms.

L.

50 minutes ago, Denise T said:

My sister and I were thinking that this was the reason. If it was over around three or so, it certainly makes sense. 

I think anyone in the area who owned any kind of boat was out there today...whew! I bet there was a touch of 🤢 on some of the tiny ones bobbing up and down and side to side, but maybe that's just me (and my own experience with tiny boats and mal de mer) LOL.

Screenshot 2023-12-15 215228.png

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

Looking forward to the final sailaway of the season. Zuiderdam also happens to be my next ship, in November (11 night southern caribbean). Sure would be nice to be on today's sailing!

Sue/WDW1972

The Zuiderdam is also our next cruise. We get on the ship when you depart. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Still tied up but looks like they’ve run out of things to load!  Lol!

I guess that's a step in the right direction!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seagarsmoker said:

You are right, never seen that much boat traffic before. 

Many boaters go to the ocean today to watch the Fort Lauderdale air show. Have been lucky to do that several times, Nothing like having the Thunderbirds fly directly over you,

There are also many more boats the usual going south past my condo in Hollywood today,

• Like 3

Surprisingly they found a few more things to load. I’m at the Sea  view Bar area along the rail. Pretty much first one forward on that railing. Pink T shirt and my hair is blowing every which way in this stiff wind. Low on battery power though. 

• Like 6

Oh my gosh, I thought I'd missed everything.  A friend of ours who lost her husband only a month ago needed some hugs, coffee, and legal documents signed, so came over just when I thought everything was going to happen.  Thankfully departure has been delayed so I can watch and wave with the rest of you!

• Like 4