Recent apology letter from Princess

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

On your previous thread there was some speculation that Alvin Stokes was a name used for AI replies to letters of concern or complaint…maybe that’s true because they all appear to be the same replies & OBC offers. Could that non-standard PCL email go to AI instead of a contractor working on the cold case files.

I’m not knowledgeable about how AI works but sending such emails might be an easy task for AI.

There is a guy by the same name on Facebook whose two stated work experiences have been senior level customer support positions. And he lives in a part of the country that makes sense for a Carnival employee. 🤔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

On your previous thread there was some speculation that Alvin Stokes was a name used for AI replies to letters of concern or complaint…maybe that’s true because they all appear to be the same replies & OBC offers. Could that non-standard PCL email go to AI instead of a contractor working on the cold case files.

I’m not knowledgeable about how AI works but sending such emails might be an easy task for AI.

Yes!  Shades of HAL (2001 reference).

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

$50 obc per state room/ cabin is ridiculous in my opinion. Since Princess is not very Solo friendly at the very least offer $50 per passenger in the cabin .

So for those of you that received these letters, what amount would be reasonable to get you to come back to Princess? I have cruised Princess the most, but have not cruised for quite awhile just because… So I’m not necessarily a Princess cheerleader .I’m open to all cruise lines, so I’m just curious. Or would no amount be satisfactory ?

$50 per cabin is like ONE glass of wine each (if they can find any of the better brands) or maybe two each if Canyon Road (Gallo) is the only option.

$50 and a bottle of good champagne might be more enticing.

Princess got my "customer loyalty" by issuing us FCC instead of a check for our textbook travel insurance claim.  So here we are cruising Princess instead of Norwegian...because...it's the only way to get our money back.

30 minutes ago, tetleytea said:

Princess got my "customer loyalty" by issuing us FCC instead of a check for our textbook travel insurance claim.  So here we are cruising Princess instead of Norwegian...because...it's the only way to get our money back.

I hear that.  

Booking an inside cabin and free upgrade to a Suite would work for me! Far better than $50 per cabin. 

Princess, please send me a letter. LOL

Just kind of kidding. I mean, I'm giving Princess another shot with my upcoming cruise in August and we are in a suite for the first time with them. That cruise will be telling for us. It may end up being the cruise line we go on with the kids (high school and college), and we go elsewhere for us. I loved my Oceania experience. 

Time will tell. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

At the end of the day, I have to give Princess credit for what it did. I mean, I didn't expect any OBC, nor did I ask for it. I just wanted the elevator fixed and Princess did that. Now - my daughter has an extra $50 to spend in the shops (she likes the ship models). So, I thank them for the nice gesture (they didn't have to). 

Edited by ChutChut
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

How about a 1/2 price cruise? I might be able to talk DH into that.

That's what got us back 50% on all 3 fare options(UK also includes taxes)

I don't really have anything to complain about, but I'll take the 50 smackeroonies if they want to give it to me!  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Teechur said:

$50 per cabin is like ONE glass of wine each (if they can find any of the better brands) or maybe two each if Canyon Road (Gallo) is the only option.

$50 and a bottle of good champagne might be more enticing.

While Canyon Road is absolute swill, Gallo also obtained not only Hahn and Rombauer.  
not all gallo brands are ick!  

• Like 3

To offer that $50 to bring old customers back but not giving it to loyal customers does kind of irk me.  I know, it is all in marketing but still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

To offer that $50 to bring old customers back but not giving it to loyal customers does kind of irk me.  I know, it is all in marketing but still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  

Probably from the wine served to those with only the PLUS package. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Teechur said:

Probably from the wine served to those with only the PLUS package. 🤣

I am just going to buy the plus package on my next cruise and buy from the premium wine list and pay the difference .. unless, of course, they have an unlimited supply of Rombauer by the glass on my next sailing.  In that case, I will upgrade to the premier.  
While I like the photos and the extra dining options, the Crown Class just doesn’t have enough casual dining spots to make the premier package worth my while.  Plus, I’ve seen the production shows a number of times so, will probably pass on the premier seating.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I'm not an "old" customer (pretty young, in fact). However, I never intended to "leave" Princess. As such, I got the letter but am a current customer.😁

13 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

I'm not an "old" customer (pretty young, in fact). However, I never intended to "leave" Princess. As such, I got the letter but am a current customer.😁

I may have worded that incorrectly ., I meant former customers that haven’t cruised with them in over a year.  I book an average of once a month with Princess and never got the letter.  It would be nice to be appreciated for that but seems to go to customers to lure them back onboard more often.  
I do appreciate the onboard experience so a, going to just say that’s enough .. but it still would be nice to get a loyalty perk once in a while,  especially now the loyalty credit is no longer in place.  
I am not going to let $50 sway me one way or another, though.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

I may have worded that incorrectly ., I meant former customers that haven’t cruised with them in over a year.  I book an average of once a month with Princess and never got the letter.  It would be nice to be appreciated for that but seems to go to customers to lure them back onboard more often.  
I do appreciate the onboard experience so a, going to just say that’s enough .. but it still would be nice to get a loyalty perk once in a while,  especially now the loyalty credit is no longer in place.  
I am not going to let $50 sway me one way or another, though.  

No - you were fine. I was just trying to be funny....unsuccessfully!!!

On 5/16/2024 at 3:19 PM, ChutChut said:

I received it and have a cruise coming up this Fall. Had no intention of quitting Princess at all - just wanted the elevator fixed - which they did while I was onboard (it kept closing on people when they stepped over the threshold). I told my daughter she can use the extra $50 to buy something for herself in one of the shops.

You may want to check your account.   I received a similar letter and they did apply the credit to my existing cruise.   I have sent "Alvin" and note to ask to apply the credit to my next cruise in Jan 2025.  Will see how that goes.

17 minutes ago, tert333 said:

You may want to check your account.   I received a similar letter and they did apply the credit to my existing cruise.   I have sent "Alvin" and note to ask to apply the credit to my next cruise in Jan 2025.  Will see how that goes.

I'm sure he'll be happy to do that...for a fee of course...a $50 fee probably...🤣

<Just kidding of course...well, I *think* I'm just kidding...>

I got this letter in an email yesterday. Our cruise is this weekend and there is no extra $50 OBC added to my cabin. It does however show on my Captain's Circle account and says that it must be used by May 2025. I didn't submit any complaints or emails to anyone at Princess so it could just be an effort to get more bookings (?). Funny when you google Alvin Stokes at Princess Cruises he shows as a head honcho at Smile Direct Club, which I'm pretty sure went bankrupt not too long ago. Maybe he was then hired by Princess? I wanted to see if he was a real person or not LOL. 

I just received one of these. The $50 is nice but I would have much preferred someone actually address the phone calls and e-mails I sent in March 2023 for an ezair flight that was cancelled, and I never was refunded the cost..emails went to a black hole and I gave up.  Insurance covered my out of pocket extra expenses and replacement flight, but crickets on the original flight.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tert333 said:

It's there! 😁