The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday May 18th, 2024

Good afternoon, 

It's sunny at the moment with quite a breeze and definitely cooler than the last few days. It's a good day to putter around the house! Last night I went out for dinner at my sister-in-law's place and had a lovely time. There were 6 of us and the menu was hamburgers, salmon burgers or brats. I had a salmon burger that hit the spot. I also took chocolate chip cookies that my young great niece loved! I didn't get home until close to 9:30 so a longer evening for me. 

Today another friend, who is a realtor, had an Open House so went to that this morning and we got a chance to visit. She and her DH are cruising on the Eurodam with me (in their own cabin) in September. Now it's time to do laundry, keep looking for my grads, make up the dough for peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, maybe change the bedding, and make sure to call my mom this afternoon. She'll have her Vancouver Canucks jersey out ready to watch Game 6 against the Edmonton Oilers. If the Canucks win tonight they clinch the series.

Have a good rest of your Saturday. 

Karen

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Oh, my!  I am beat!  But, the patio furniture is all put together and so is the fire table.  The only thing lacking is a propane tank.  That's for tomorrow.  So, here are the pictures.

First is the deck we stained.  It was red.  This is right off the dining room.  

IMG_3366.thumb.JPG.d22e8c5d1a2ccdc092103e92d22c6cd7.JPG

Next is the patio paver which is in back of the dining room and off the deck above.  This is where the new furniture went.  

IMG_3367.thumb.JPG.96af3095636e7f581da05acc4a256c00.JPG

IMG_3368.thumb.JPG.dda82658d83598b62871d0fc48b1ae1b.JPG

The box still doesn't have a bottom, but it is fine for now.  We'll deal with it when we feel like it.  Which may be never.  Anyways, we didn't have furniture for this patio.  The fire table is to replace the ring below.

IMG_3369.thumb.JPG.e0f26c802e65e13879088cbd9e14d308.JPG

I'm sure you can understand why.   Sue will plant something there.  

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, dfish said:

Oh, my!  I am beat!  But, the patio furniture is all put together and so is the fire table.  The only thing lacking is a propane tank.  That's for tomorrow.  So, here are the pictures.

Next is the patio paver which is in back of the dining room and off the deck above.  This is where the new furniture went.  

The box still doesn't have a bottom, but it is fine for now.  We'll deal with it when we feel like it.  Which may be never.  Anyways, we didn't have furniture for this patio.  The fire table is to replace the ring below.

Very nice

• Like 15

2 hours ago, dfish said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Aloha!

Outstanding work my dear!!! Looks beautiful! Congrats on a job well done 👍 

I will toast you and your sister Sue and have a beautiful cruise coming up!

Mahalo

Denise🙂

• Like 15

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Looks like a very comfortable place to relax with a glass of wine and some snacks.  I have never had something like that because I am not sure what I would do when it rains or when winter comes.  What is your plan?

Ray

• Like 11

Just now, USN59-79 said:

Looks like a very comfortable place to relax with a glass of wine and some snacks.  I have never had something like that because I am not sure what I would do when it rains or when winter comes.  What is your plan?

Ray

Ray, the storage box is for the cushions when it rains.  During the winter we'll move it all back by the house and cover it with a tarp.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

It's been a long day, but I got a lot done.  All the house has been power washed, except for the part in the port, along with the patio and sidewalk.  This is the fastest I've ever gotten the house washed.  It helped that I washed it last year, but all the rain we've gotten this spring helped too.  We ordered an extension hose for the pressure washer a few years ago, and unlike last year, I remembered to use it.  That saved a lot of time by not having to move the washer often.  Also, the extra hose length did not reduce the pressure.  Depending on how I feel tomottow, I may wash the driveway.  The rest of the house and the port will have to wait for ia week or two.

@Copper10-8  I loved the mems, John.

@dfish  All the hard work paid off, Debbie.  The deck and pavers look good, and the furniture looks so comfortable.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

👏 @dfish Debbie and Sue!  

Pennie, glad you are making progress. 

Jacqui, hoping for good news Tuesday. 

Gerry, you are doing everything you can. Hoping Maurice turns the corner and his schedule holds.  

Elizabeth, the right path for your eye plugs!  I feel for you. DH is phobic about his eyes but he’s been very brave!  He says he hasn’t had much choice!  We do what we have to even if we have to do it scared. 

@Norseh2o Congratulations!  Wonderful pictures. (Katherine hasn’t changed a bit 😉). Happy celebrating! 

Beautiful flower Graham! 🌺

Loved Raratonga!  We took the circle island bus to the resort on the far side and rented kayaks, paddled around the gorgeous lagoon. Thanks for the beautiful pictures. And memories. 

We got out today, drove into Newark for a Beethoven’s 3rd “family” concert. The music was grand!  The venue lovely. The explanations between movements were enlightening. The audience was tough!  Constant parade of parents walking kids out and in… several young ones screaming intermittently. Not sure we’d try that again but we’re considering a subscription of 5 concerts next season on Thursday afternoons when they have a bus come get us, take us there, bring us home!  Extra charge for 2 for the bus is about equal to what we paid for parking!  Such a deal!  

I need to check out the August cruise as a birthday celebration. DH is suggesting Ireland…. But the August/Sept Boston-Quebec-Boston thinks good to me!  

We did all the eye drops and pressure massages today!  Hanging in!  Staying hopeful!  

Extra blessings to all in need!  Especially Houston. In 2020 we rented a park trailer to live in for almost 4 months while being treated at MD Anderson… I feel for them!  
And the Canadian fires, Oh my. (My old NM fire department was busy today too with a trail rescue followed by a brush fire. I feel for them too but I’m so glad it’s not me anymore!) May all the first responders stay safe!  
Maureen 

Brenda, my thanks to you too for all your caring wishes, I think I missed you.  Love your spring flowers and birds!  Looks like dogwood?  Didn’t think it’d grow there, but I didn’t think I’d see columbines here🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Today we are docked at Praia da Vitoria, Azores where it is 62F and partly cloudy skies. No rain expected (hopefully).   There is a free shuttle to the center of town which I assume means here locally in Praia da Vitoria.  Last time I was here was on a grand voyage and the free shuttle took us to Santa Cruz.  We will head out mid morning after the rush.

Thank you Rich for the Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday, May 18.  

Some nice days to recognize but a silly quote by Joan Rivers.  I'll pass on the meal, drink and wine today.    But thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for their reports on them.

Prayers for DB, Alex's twin boys, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still remaining and for those 3  whose bodies were recently found and our military in the region.  Many prayers for our friends here on the Care list! Wishing for good news on all fronts there.  Speaking of Alex, my niece Lisa reminded us that she and her DH brought Alex to visit Williamsburg when we lived there, and stayed at our home. She said Alex rolled over for the first time at that house.  He was about 5 months old.  My, how time flies. Vanessa, @JazzyV thank you so much for the lists you keep so fastidiously.  Hoping your BFF is behaving and ready for that surgery next week.  He is lucky to have you now to help him, as you were lucky to have him assist you after your surgery.

The port today is Rarotonga (Avatiu), Cook Islands.  This was the port on Mar. 26, 2021, April 17, 2022 and May 27, 2023. My photos have disappeared from my posts after first posting over 3 years ago so I'll have to find time to redo my posts.  The links follow:

Last night was an excellent dinner in the Pinnacle Grill.  Yulia is who we ask for and she was very attentive.  Tonight is dinner in Canaletto.

Hoping everyone enjoys this day.  Please stay safe and keep well.  Sorry about all the spacing on my posts today!  All wonky!

Hi, wondering what ship you’re on. We love Yulia❣️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dfish said:

A relaxing evening.  To be able to do this was worth breaking every nail on both hands.  IMG_3370.thumb.JPG.2bbad0851f321e9368e40d7386986a7b.JPG

Fabulous!! 👏

I'm sure that wine will be the tastiest ever.

Looks so calming.

• Like 12

Yay - Mavericks🏀 won so they're on their way to the next round!!

20240518_221008.jpg.788a697f980f8a5a29085b1e1a10623c.jpg

it was a 2 berry game as they won by only one 1 point. The other berry was just a tasty memory when I thought to take a picture. 

This was the smaller one, but just as tasty.

20240518_220441.thumb.jpg.69658b5aed330b31d7476134eb98cbd7.jpg

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Yay - Mavericks🏀 won so they're on their way to the next round!!

20240518_221008.jpg.788a697f980f8a5a29085b1e1a10623c.jpg

it was a 2 berry game as they won by only one 1 point. The other berry was just a tasty memory when I thought to take a picture. 

This was the smaller one, but just as tasty.

20240518_220441.thumb.jpg.69658b5aed330b31d7476134eb98cbd7.jpg

Good news!  

Lenda

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Elizabeth, the right path for your eye plugs!  I feel for you. DH is phobic about his eyes but he’s been very brave!  He says he hasn’t had much choice!  We do what we have to even if we have to do it scared. 

Thanks Maureen @RMLincoln; I alternate between telling myself I'm being a baby and saying there's no such thing as being overly cautious with eyes.

I think your DH is amazingly brave and I pray 🙏for the best outcome & successs for you both. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dfish said:

A relaxing evening.  To be able to do this was worth breaking every nail on both hands.  IMG_3370.thumb.JPG.2bbad0851f321e9368e40d7386986a7b.JPG

Looks fantastic Debbie!  Great work!  Your yard is pretty too. 

5 hours ago, Suslor said:

Hi, wondering what ship you’re on. We love Yulia❣️

Zuiderdam. We’ve asked for her each visit to Pinnacle. 

• Like 6

22 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Happy Anniversary @Norseh2o. Welcome to Copenhagen @YourWorldWithBill,  Welcome home @MISTER 67.  Congratulations Jeremy.  Welcome home @Niagarawine,  I hope your experience got better after the thread you started.

Roy

Hi and thank you. It did get better. Tamarind was very good as was  the Pinnacle. Room service improved after I commented on the let us know chat. In fact they called every morning and the breakfasts got better every day. I guess they really listen when you contact them which was very nice. Jmho but I observed that staff in the lido and dining room seemed very stressed and the upper level of mdr was closed off when I was there for lunch and dinner.  I did find the music very loud in the pool area and  my husband said kids were running and jumping in it unsupervised. Just my observations tha at I found the ship to be very crowded and kids running everywhere. I like kids. A different vibe then I was used to on the other ships and I have sailed on five of them.

• Thanks 4