Pay per drink cost?

It might not be worth it for us to get a drink package.

Does anyone know of a bar menu with prices?

We have no set date but if it matters, will be sailing from Florida to the Caribbean for 7 nights.

From what i read the deluxe package can be had for $75 lowest, so i m trying to compare.

Thxs

36 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The break-even is about 5 alcoholic drinks per day.

That’s helpful but….

I read that the package is lowest at $75

Drinks start at $8

So 5x8 = $40

Thxs for your help

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vaindioux said:

Drinks start at $8

So 5x8 = $40

If your drink of choice is Bud Light then sure.

Cocktails are almost all $14, with a few specials here and there ($11 or $12). There will be a token wine under $10 but pretty much all others are $10+.

5 per day is definitely a solid guideline unless you’re only drinking beer then it’s more.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, vaindioux said:

That’s helpful but….

Drinks start at $8

So 5x8 = $40

Thxs for your help

I would keep checking the price frequently for the deluxe drink package. In the last 6 months I have paid $62.99 per day on a few cruises. Even on Icon I only paid $72.99 per day. 

Don’t forget the automatic 18% tip added to every individual drink you buy. So 5x8x18%= $47.20. If you are not a beer drinker, you are more likely looking at 5x14x18%=$82.60. 

Posted (edited)

You can bring a bottle of wine each on board plus a limited amount of soft drinks. 

You can also pre buy through RC gifts  bottles of wine and sometimes half bottles of spirits.  Plus cooler filled with beer. They will be waiting in your cabin when you board.  

Handy if you want to limit your on board bar bill

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/wine-liquor

Wines on board are from $8 plus 18% tip, usually choice of 8-9 different wines under $10 a glass including a sparkling wine. Bottles from $35. 

If you don't drink a whole bottle the restaurant will keep it for you for the next evening.

Tea/coffee/hot chocolate/flavoured iced water/iced water  etc are all free.

Factor in how many port days you have. If you're off the ship most days it may not be worth it, plus you can buy a beer or whatever in the ports at more reasonable cost. 

There is usually a 'special of the day' cocktail with a 

couple of dollars off. 

Before we were Diamond we use to buy the $90, 10 drink cards (up to $14 a drink) on board, but I think since Covid restart they have stopped them. 

Edited by sgmn

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I would keep checking the price frequently for the deluxe drink package. In the last 6 months I have paid $62.99 per day on a few cruises. Even on Icon I only paid $72.99 per day. 

Don’t forget the automatic 18% tip added to every individual drink you buy. So 5x8x18%= $47.20. If you are not a beer drinker, you are more likely looking at 5x14x18%=$82.60. 

Yes, i never count tips when calculating my prices, we are good tipsrs.

Also the package is getting 18% tip added, right?

Or are the 18% included?

Like anybody i can drink a fancy cocktail or 12 YO Chivas, but it’s not required.

2-4 domestic beers daily and i m fine.

My big thing is excursions where i use my money the most.

Thxs

2 hours ago, davidrlewis2302 said:

It also includes bottles of water, soft drinks and specialty coffees. 

very easy to get your monies worth. 

That’s actually a great point, did not know that.

Thxs

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

You can bring a bottle of wine each on board plus a limited amount of soft drinks. 

You can also pre buy through RC gifts  bottles of wine and sometimes half bottles of spirits.  Plus cooler filled with beer. They will be waiting in your cabin when you board.  

Wines on board are from $8 plus 18% tip, usually choice of 8-9 different wines under $10 a glass including a sparkling wine. Bottles from $35. 

If you don't drink a whole bottle the restaurant will keep it for you for the next evening.

Tea/coffee/hot chocolate/flavoured iced water/iced water  etc are all free.

Factor in how many port days you have. If you're off the ship most days it may not be worth it, plus you can buy a beer or whatever in the ports at more reasonable cost. 

There is usually a 'special of the day' cocktail with a 

couple of dollars off. 

Before we were Diamond we use to buy the $90, 10 drink cards (up to $14 a drink) on board, but I think since Covid restart they have stopped them. 

More good points. You all know your stuff.

Indeed i m big on excursions so 3-4 days are on land.

In Nassau inside the port, there is a joint with 3 Bahamian beers for $10, and yes with tables and chair.

I drank 4, wife 2, I was a little lit 🤣

Thxs

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Because we are all different there is no real answer to this.

We have just returned from Anthem's 12 night TA,the quoted price for the drink package was something like $1200+,not sure if that included the 18%,in the end we had drinks whenever we felt like it & ended up with a bill for $316,a fraction of the cost.

Mind you we don't drink soft drinks or specialty coffees & are quite happy with Water out of the tap!

Edited by snaefell

56 minutes ago, snaefell said:

Because we are all different there is no real answer to this.

We have just returned from Anthem's 12 night TA,the quoted price for the drink package was something like $1200+,not sure if that included the 18%,in the end we had drinks whenever we felt like it & ended up with a bill for $316,a fraction of the cost.

Mind you we don't drink soft drinks or specialty coffees & are quite happy with Water out of the tap!

A $316 bar bill for two people on a 12 night cruise is not even 1 Martini cocktail per day each. 

• Like 1

As @Biker19 says 5 cocktails is about where you start to break even with the drink package. I usually get cocktails that are $13-14 each. I can easily drink 4-5 in one evening. Throw in that your sodas and specialty coffees (not Starbucks) are included in,  it may be a good deal. Back in the day when you could get a DDP for $40-$50 it was well worth it. Now a days with the price around $70-$80 it may not be worth it to you. One thing I do like about the drink package is not having to sign for your drinks. They just take your sea pass card and run it through. If you pay by the drink you will get a recept for you to sign and add a tip if you like. I always tip cash which the bartenders do appreciate.

I'll just add that if you do think you'll be CLOSE to the break even point, its nice to have so then you dont have to have it on your mind or think about the cost if you choose to have some extra drinks, wine at dinner, etc.

Not an issue for us, as we break even at about 10:30am.... 😁

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, sgmn said:

Hi, if we purchase a couple bottles of wine in advance, will we be able to take them to the DR or will there be a charge?   Thanks.

13 hours ago, vaindioux said:

More good points. You all know your stuff.

Indeed i m big on excursions so 3-4 days are on land.

In Nassau inside the port, there is a joint with 3 Bahamian beers for $10, and yes with tables and chair.

I drank 4, wife 2, I was a little lit 🤣

Thxs

You are smart to consider port days in your decision.  I suspect that some people don't consider this when determining if the drink package is worth it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kearney said:

If you are Diamond... I believe you get vouchers for 4 drinks...not sure the value of a drink.

Coffee, wine, water, cans of soda, JR milkshakes, JR adult shakes, smoothies, cocktails. Anything up to $14.00  Vouchers good in MDR, showrooms and any bar with the exception being the Bionic Bar and sometimes possibly the Rising Tides bar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BridgeMates said:

Hi, if we purchase a couple bottles of wine in advance, will we be able to take them to the DR or will there be a charge?   Thanks.

Technically there is a corkage fee if taken to the MDR. I have never heard or experienced anyone ever being charged.  Many times we have taken a bottle of Champagne to MDR and are given a ice bucket but never a charge.

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

Technically there is a corkage fee if taken to the MDR. I have never heard or experienced anyone ever being charged.  Many times we have taken a bottle of Champagne to MDR and are given a ice bucket but never a charge.

I understand a corkage fee on a bottle I bring aboard and take to MDR, but they also say they (might?!?) charge corkage fee on a bottle I buy through the RC website prior to the cruise?

Also, along the same line: I know we each can bring one bottle aboard at embarkation to be consumed in the cabin (or pay corkage if taken to consume somewhere else) but, can I bring on more than one each and just automatically pay corkage on the 3+ bottles? 

Thank you (and anyone else too!) for help with these questions.

BTW: I would think policy applies on all RC ships but if it matters, we’ll be on Harmony.