blu and My Time same night?

3 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

Hi 

I was wondering if i can eat at blu, lets say 6pm then do my time later at 930pm on formal and regular nights?

Thanks 

I assume you are in Aqua in which case you can eat in Blu at any time.

6 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

Hi 

I was wondering if i can eat at blu, lets say 6pm then do my time later at 930pm on formal and regular nights?

Thanks 

So you want to eat twice?  

keep in mind that dinner usually takes two hours.  You expect to be hungry an hour later?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you're normally in Aqua Class, Blu is your assigned dining room.

If you'd prefer to eat in the MDR, the Maitre'D can help arrange for you to do that...but I don't think the same night.

(And X doesn't have formal night - it's Evening Chic.)

8 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Are you saying that you want to go to dinner at 6 and then again later?

I take it that they are asking if different dining times on different days would be permitted.

2 minutes ago, Liao said:

I take it that they are asking if different dining times on different days would be permitted.

Not how I read it. Granted the "on formal and regular nights" muddles it, but it definitely reads to me like they want Blu at 6 and then go to a regular dining room at 9:30.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Take note on the E class you will not be allowed to choose items on the MDR menu since the kitchen is distant from Blu.

That's actually not true. Blu is actually right above the two decks where all four MDRs are located. You may be thinking of Luminae on the Edge and Apex that's no where near any of the other MDRs. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

That's actually not true. Blu is actually right above the two decks where all four MDRs are located. You may be thinking of Luminae on the Edge and Apex that's no where near any of the other MDRs. 

I been on her the Beyond for three cruises, two which I was in Aqua Class and both cruises I was unable to order from the MDR menus, but these cruises were over a year ago.  We were on the Equinox and able to order from all menus.  I do hope your right as the menu in Blu is not as good selection for us as the MDR is.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Two decks above is “distant” enough.

• Like 1

We're probably gonna do the same thing because we're traveling with family and only Wife and I are in Aquaclass. We will join family for early dinner in the mdr restaurants (probably won't eat much). And then go to Blu late just the two of us on some of the nights. Depending on whats on the menu.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Not how I read it. Granted the "on formal and regular nights" muddles it, but it definitely reads to me like they want Blu at 6 and then go to a regular dining room at 9:30.

Then if so, I see the buffet in their future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liao said:

Then if so, I see the buffet in their future.

Read the title of the thread, “Blu and My Time the same night.”

• Haha 1

My MIL and her sister decided to join us last minute on Eclipse last Nov. We were in a CS and they had a non suite cabin. 2 of the nights we ate in Luminae about 6pm. My spouse then had dinner in the MDR with his mother and aunt in Select Dining. Never was a problem. On Prime Rib night we all ate in the MDR. I ate 2 Prime Rib dinners. It was a nice change from Luminae and Blu. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

Sounds to me like they are trying to get Lobster twice without paying for it the second time. 

I love smart people 🥳

8 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I been on her the Beyond for three cruises, two which I was in Aqua Class and both cruises I was unable to order from the MDR menus, but these cruises were over a year ago.  We were on the Equinox and able to order from all menus.  I do hope your right as the menu in Blu is not as good selection for us as the MDR is.

I have the aqua class but I did it because it was cheaper to update than getting the passes for the sauna/steamer. I dont really like blu menu and I wanted to order from the MDR that I read is not possible on the beyond. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

So you want to eat twice?  

keep in mind that dinner usually takes two hours.  You expect to be hungry an hour later?

2 hrs unless you want the whole service

can be faster if you know what you want reading the menu before hand and if you only want/ appetizer, main or dessert only.

1 hour ago, mcatmcat said:

I have the aqua class but I did it because it was cheaper to update than getting the passes for the sauna/steamer. I dont really like blu menu and I wanted to order from the MDR that I read is not possible on the beyond. 

On the Beyond, we were not able to order from the MDR.  However, we were able to do so on the Ascent.  You should be aware that when you dine at any restaurant, your assigned dining room is notified.  So when we dined in the MDR, a notification  went to the maitre'd at Blu.  

2 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

So just go to the MDR on the night you want that menu. No need to do two dinners.

• Like 1