Happy Hour drink question from Diamond Plus 1st time Celebrity Cruise s

Liked our Rccl perk of 5 drinks per day, but 2 hour happy hour is not a terrible option for sure. My question looking at drink list our favorites,margaritas mudslides,lemondrops, and Baileys for coffee after Dinner. Am I overlooking or are we going to have to change our tastes of drinking or pay on our perfered. Definitely looking forward to trying Celebrity. 

1 hour ago, dvpaintboy said:

Liked our Rccl perk of 5 drinks per day, but 2 hour happy hour is not a terrible option for sure. My question looking at drink list our favorites,margaritas mudslides,lemondrops, and Baileys for coffee after Dinner. Am I overlooking or are we going to have to change our tastes of drinking or pay on our perfered. Definitely looking forward to trying Celebrity. 

None of your favorites are on the list

IMG_7317.jpeg

4 hours ago, dvpaintboy said:

Drinks not available in the MDR nor after dinner unless you eat very early.

6 hours ago, dvpaintboy said:

Hello,

Your mentioned perk of 5 drinks per day suggests to me that you are D+. That being so, you are now, under the new regime, E+ on Celebrity. That being the case you are entitled to a 20% discount on a drinkable bottle of wine (unlike some of the swill that is 'gratis'). So outside of Happy Hour you can drink cheaper, and better, than buying by the glass and have your favoured bar keep your bottle for you.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 3

The drinks perk for diamond/diamond plus is better than the happy hour drinks on Celebrity.  IMO this is the only perk better than on Celebrity for Elite/Elite+.   

• Like 5

3 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Your mentioned perk of 5 drinks per day suggests to me that you are D+. That being so, you are now, under the new regime, E+ on Celebrity. That being the case you are entitled to a 20% discount on a drinkable bottle of wine (unlike some of the swill that is 'gratis'). So outside of Happy Hour you can drink cheaper, and better, than buying by the glass and have your favoured bar keep your bottle for you.

Regards,

Cublet

Even when you get 20% off you are paying a premium for any bottle of wine. Celebrity has the highest prices for their beverages & packages.

We would rather have the 4, 5 or 6 drinks during the day like RCI than the 5-7 HH.

You can't get a drink in the MDR during the Celebrity 5-7 HH either.

Why not?

12 minutes ago, 39august said:

Their ships, their rules.   

To bad they don't enforce their rules.

Chair hogs.

Bare feet on tables.

Just two of many they ignore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

That list is awful, IMHO.. middling booze for sure.

We each have 2 drinks per day and mix it up. Then 1 Bailey's with coffee after our meal. We are on vacation so your response is what is awful!

1 hour ago, asctony said:

Even when you get 20% off you are paying a premium for any bottle of wine. Celebrity has the highest prices for their beverages & packages.

We would rather have the 4, 5 or 6 drinks during the day like RCI than the 5-7 HH.

Why not?

Exactly. And if you have early dining you are pretty much SOL with respect to HH. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, asctony said:

Why not?

Hello,

Premium on/against what?

A glass of Malbec is $9 - five glasses would cost $45.

The whole bottle costs $39 - less 20% = $31.20 and five glasses would then cost $6.24 each.

$6.24 vs $9 is hardly a premium.

Regards,

Cublet

2 hours ago, asctony said:

Why not?

Then book Royal.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Then book Royal.  

Thanks for the suggestion.

FYI The past 12 months we have been on RCI, Celebrity, MSC, NCL & Princess.

This year we are doing RCI, Celebrity, NCL & Princess.

So, what would you like to add? 

1 hour ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Premium on/against what?

A glass of Malbec is $9 - five glasses would cost $45.

The whole bottle costs $39 - less 20% = $31.20 and five glasses would then cost $6.24 each.

$6.24 vs $9 is hardly a premium.

Regards,

Cublet

A glass of Malbec is $9 on Celebrity?

Let check the wine list. 

Screenshot_20240608_112452.jpg

2 hours ago, dvpaintboy said:

We each have 2 drinks per day and mix it up. Then 1 Bailey's with coffee after our meal. We are on vacation so your response is what is awful!

hoping that' s closer to the norm.

I am diabetic so I do not drink alcohol daily  but have the Classic Package anyhow..mostly for Tea Forte.

I  will treat myself to a Bellini at the Elite  Bkfst once,  a Baileys  or Aspen  Coffee after dinner a few nights plus , 1 IGLU ( non alcohol)  or Mudslide each cruise!  my husb drinks beer and basic scotch..and maybe something special with a cigar .

Over time, the original cocktail hr concept morphed into being mostly  about the  drinks...compared to the original format of  some wine,  nice canapes and other treats, and  good conversation. 

We only go to Sr ofcr events, and if it's too crowded,  we just greet the officers, take some pics  and leave!

More is not always Merrier!

27 minutes ago, asctony said:

Thanks for the suggestion.

FYI The past 12 months we have been on RCI, Celebrity, MSC, NCL & Princess.

This year we are doing RCI, Celebrity, NCL & Princess.

So, what would you like to add? 

Seems like you cruise with multiple lines, so have a good understanding of what perks come with each.  When you book you know you get if get coupons, happy hour, or some other perks.  Just don’t get booking knowing the perks and then complaining about what you get.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

Plus the + on the OP's status gives them unlimited speciality teas/coffee/chocolate which on Royal would come out of their 5 drinks a day allowance.

26 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Seems like you cruise with multiple lines, so have a good understanding of what perks come with each.  When you book you know you get if get coupons, happy hour, or some other perks.  Just don’t get booking knowing the perks and then complaining about what you get.  

Who is complaining?

My suggestion is to use RCI drink perk instead of Celebrity 5-7.

People just believe if someone makes or recommends a change, they should not. 

Change happens all the time.

11 minutes ago, George C said:

Bottom line is celebrity perks for elite and elite plus are terrible 

but there suite perks are way better than rccl. 

Depends a lot on your drinking habits and internet usage

We don't drink any alcohol and don't need unlimited wifi so for us the Elite + benefits are very good as the benefits include:

Unlimited speciality coffees - hot and iced.

Unlimited speciality teas and chocolate

Enough water/sodas/juices during the Happy Hour (5 to 7 pm every day) to get us through the next 24 hours.

240 minutes internet per person - more than  enough to last us for a 14 night cruise - if not share the first 240 then use the second as a discount on a full package.

2 bags of laundry per person plus a couple of items pressed and 1 dry cleaning.

Elite breakfast - the perfect start to the day.

Priority tendering - not used much but has helped on some itineraries.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, George C said:

Bottom line is celebrity perks for elite and elite plus are terrible 

but there suite perks are way better than rccl. 

As are their Zenith versus Pinnacle which is why so many Pinnacles are talking about switching over to Celebrity - a lot easier money-wise to reach Pinnacle and a heck of a lot better perks with their new Zenith match.  We got the short end of that change for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Depends a lot on your drinking habits and internet usage

We don't drink any alcohol and don't need unlimited wifi so for us the Elite + benefits are very good as the benefits include:

Unlimited speciality coffees - hot and iced.

Unlimited speciality teas and chocolate

Enough water/sodas/juices during the Happy Hour (5 to 7 pm every day) to get us through the next 24 hours.

240 minutes internet per person - more than  enough to last us for a 14 night cruise - if not share the first 240 then use the second as a discount on a full package.

2 bags of laundry per person plus a couple of items pressed and 1 dry cleaning.

Elite breakfast - the perfect start to the day.

Priority tendering - not used much but has helped on some itineraries.

Since we book suites sometimes high end all is bundled in , only perk we have used is the laundry. I thought there was no happy hour on first day, you do have some very good points.