Breakfast in Chops - Diamond Plus

Hi all:

Sailing on a short cruise on the Navigator in November.  I haven't sailed on Royal for over 12 years.  (We are primarily on Celebrity)

Quick question - is there Breakfast available in Chops for Diamond plus members?  

Thanks in advance!!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, workingboy said:

Hi all:

Sailing on a short cruise on the Navigator in November.  I haven't sailed on Royal for over 12 years.  (We are primarily on Celebrity)

Quick question - is there Breakfast available in Chops for Diamond plus members?  

Thanks in advance!!!

No, that is only available to those in suites and pinnacles.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, nelblu said:

As a D+ with 340+ points never been invited.  However, I do attend Cheers with Officers luncheon. 

I believe @workingboyis getting D+ from his Celebrity ‘match’ and I believe any amenities for being D+ which are based on your C&A ‘points’ apply. Since some Celebrity passengers sailing on Royal using their ‘match’ status, will not have a lot of C&A points, they would not get invited to Cheers w/Officers.

You would not get invitation to Chops breakfast as it is a benefit for Pinnacles and guests in suites.

Edited by wallyj

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

I believe @workingboyis getting D+ from his Celebrity ‘match’ and I believe any amenities for being D+ which are based on your C&A ‘points’ apply. Since some Celebrity passengers sailing on Royal using their ‘match’ status, will not have a lot of C&A points, they would not get invited to Cheers w/Officers.

You would not get invitation to Chops breakfast as it is a benefit for Pinnacles and guests in suites.

I knew that but wondering if I had missed something. 🤣 I remember many years ago when my wife and I were either D or just made D+ that we were invited to the 'Lunch with an Officer", and I can't recall the ship, but the venue/private room was by the WJ.  It was a small group as there were only 4 couples and the Officer.  That was the only time invited until I reached the 340 points level.

1 hour ago, steveru621 said:

On Radiance class ships, D+ was available in Chops for many years.  It was not publicized.

That has not happened in a long...long time, that I know of.  

On World Cruise, Pinnies not in a suite were not invited into Chops for breakfast.  It was pretty dead in there each morning.  Was a nice perk for us in a GS though, with fast service as to being only a few couples in there.  🙂  

• Like 1

Just now, island lady said:

That has not happened in a long...long time, that I know of.  

On World Cruise, Pinnies not in a suite were not invited into Chops for breakfast.  It was pretty dead in there each morning.  Was a nice perk for us in a GS though, with fast service as to being only a few couples in there.  🙂  

I agree.  But you did not participate unless you saw the sign.

2 hours ago, wallyj said:

Not sure why a Z-to-P would not be eligible for the Suites/Pinn breakfast.  That perk is a function of status and not specifically a function of points.  Has it been publicized that Z-to-P  members will not be eligible for the specialty breakfast ?

2 hours ago, wallyj said:

Hey WallyJ.     I actually made Diamond Plus, with Royal Sailings back before I moved over to Celebrity.   Even though I got Elite Status for many cruises on Celebrity with the prior status match, I have actually earned Elite Plus with actual Celebrity sailings at this point.

Thanks to all for your responses.

16 hours ago, steveru621 said:

My original Post.  If you read the sign, you knew.

Sign for what?  Don't understand which ship...what time frame.  Current or past.  

On Freedom, I remember being able to bring my WJ plate into Chops to eat breakfast in there as D+.  But there was no sit down and order full breakfast from Chop's staff in there...if that is what you were talking about?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

On Freedom, I remember being able to bring my WJ plate into Chops to eat breakfast in there as D+.  But there was no sit down and order full breakfast from Chop's staff in there...if that is what you were talking about?  

I remember this, too.  In fact, I believe you could do this as a D.  When I mentioned it on this forum a while back, folks acted like I was crazy and said there was never such a thing!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/9/2024 at 6:49 PM, workingboy said:

Hi all:

Thanks in advance!!!

There used to be the opportunity to have breakfast in one of the restaurants adjacent to the WJ for D, D+ and Pin  pre covid, but that disappeared after the restart. Now it is reserved for just Pins and Suites.

Edited by orville99
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, steveru621 said:

See post #6.

Yes...again...yes...again yes I know, I read that post.   But was it the "carry the plate you filled up at the WJ" like we did on Freedom to eat in there...or the order from the Chops crew members...like it is now for Pinnacles and suites?   

Otherwise...bottom line last few years...and current.  No...D+ does not have access to Chops for breakfast...unless in a full suite.  

2 hours ago, handbellplayer said:

I remember this, too.  In fact, I believe you could do this as a D.  When I mentioned it on this forum a while back, folks acted like I was crazy and said there was never such a thing!

LOL...yes...there was such a thing.  Remember the special breakfast they did for D+ with officers?  This of course was before the Pinnacle and Emerald levels were added.  

57 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...yes...there was such a thing.  Remember the special breakfast they did for D+ with officers?  This of course was before the Pinnacle and Emerald levels were added.  

Yes, and I also remember the special section of the MDR where D and D+ could have an "exclusive" breakfast....which wasn't particularly exclusive, but they did give you fresh squeezed juice for nuttin' !

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Yes, and I also remember the special section of the MDR where D and D+ could have an "exclusive" breakfast....which wasn't particularly exclusive, but they did give you fresh squeezed juice for nuttin' !

And specialty coffees.

• Like 3