Bid But Don't Have A Drink Package

MAGSMFC

Can you please tell me if you make a bid online to a Sky Suite and you haven't bought a drink package will you receive free drinks in the Retreat Lounge only but you will have to pay for them elsewhere on the ship.

Many thanks

Thank you for your reply. 

If you go into the Lounge and order a drink it would be free but if you are sitting on a lounger outside you will have to pay for a drink ?  I understand you would definitely have to pay for one in Luminae. 

I just want to confirm this is correct before I consider making a bid.

Thank you

42 minutes ago, jelayne said:

drinks in the Lounge only.

22 minutes ago, MAGSMFC said:

I just want to confirm

I think Jelayne's response was quite clear. Any further confirmation would be redundant.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I think Jelayne's response was quite clear. Any further confirmation would be redundant.

Redundancy is what we do best. 🙂

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, MAGSMFC said:

Thank you for your reply. 

If you go into the Lounge and order a drink it would be free but if you are sitting on a lounger outside you will have to pay for a drink ?  I understand you would definitely have to pay for one in Luminae. 

I just want to confirm this is correct before I consider making a bid.

Thank you

There are no rules against getting your drinks in the Retreat Lounge and taking them into Luminae, back to your cabin or wherever!

1 minute ago, sheeng said:

There are no rules against getting your drinks in the Retreat Lounge and taking them into Luminae, back to your cabin or wherever!

Also true..

We have done suites every celebrity cruise , only once on a M class did we not have a drink package. Suite lounge will serve you a double of whatever you drink or large glass of wine which you can carry to Luminae or whatever lounge you want .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jelayne said:

Yes, drinks in the Lounge only.  Drinks in Luminae, the Retreat Sundeck and other venues on the ship you will be charged. 

I have seen the sommelier not charging for wine by the glass in Luminae to some without a beverage package. The couples would always leave a nice tip for her service... 

This may not happen anymore because there has been a tightening of policies recently.

7 hours ago, MAGSMFC said:

f you go into the Lounge and order a drink it would be free but if you are sitting on a lounger outside you will have to pay for a drink ?

That is correct.  Only free when you are inside the Retreat Lounge.  

6 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Redundancy is what we do best. 🙂

Yes, isn't it the case that if you keep asking the same question over and over, someone will eventually tell you what you want to hear, whether it's the truth or not right?  

13 hours ago, MAGSMFC said:

Can you please tell me if you make a bid online to a Sky Suite and you haven't bought a drink package will you receive free drinks in the Retreat Lounge only but you will have to pay for them elsewhere on the ship.

Many thanks

From their website, if you bid for a move up to a suite from a nonsuite, you do not.

14 hours ago, MAGSMFC said:

Many thanks

How much would you save if you won the bid vs booking a Sky Suite to begin with? If you are losing the drink package that's a big ticket item and you also don't get the higher loyalty points. 

6 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Yes, isn't it the case that if you keep asking the same question over and over, someone will eventually tell you what you want to hear, whether it's the truth or not right?  

That only applies to cruise line customer service reps.  Cruise Critic members don't play that game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

From their website, if you bid for a move up to a suite from a nonsuite, you do not.

????

if you are in a suite you have the Retreat.

if you got there by a move up bid, you don’t get the Captains Club points of a suite but you do get the Retreat and Luminae,  

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

????

if you are in a suite you have the Retreat.

if you got there by a move up bid, you don’t get the Captains Club points of a suite but you do get the Retreat and Luminae,  

Correct.  If you go here Celebrity Cruises Suites: The Retreat - Suite Life. Elevated. Then scroll down until you get to food and drink.  Lots of scrolling to get there.  It shows, "

• Unlimited Premium Drink Package: Featuring award-winning portfolio of red, white, and bubbly wines representing vineyards from around the world**"  When you look to see what the ** means it says "**Not included with special fares or MoveUp upgrades from a non-suite stateroom"  Now as we have all learned from X, most of the time what the website says happens.  Example I have heard of guests in the suite purchasing drinks that were $20 and not being charged the $3 surcharge over the premium package.

The OP was NOT asking about having a premium drink. Package included with a sweet booking from move up.

The question was, if a move up bid into a suite was made, would  drinks be available in the retreat.  And yes, they would be.  Would the OP need to pay for drinks ordered elsewhere, yes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

But would you have to pay extra on Thursday for a single drink today....? (We need to check the fine print here...)

Free hamburgers at Mast Grill..so yes