Diamond plus specialty bogo

You have to book onboard if you want to have it charged as the BOGO.  If you want to book in advance and either "add" a second person or pay for two then get a partial refund, you can generally go that route as well.  They may price adjust as the book on board price is generally higher than the online price.  I like boarding early so I just do it right when we get onboard and have never had an issue.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Do they refund what you pay when you book online?

They moved mine to another day and then charged me full price night 1. I said i dont want 2 and told him to cancel the one I booked ahead he moved to later in the week.

I think that's why biker said probably have to cancel if you prebook in planner. Every ship treats it different. 

10 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Do they refund what you pay when you book online?

Yes but that doesn't mean the refund always goes smoothly. They will sometimes tell you that the refund will go to the form of payment that was origionally used. That usually never works once aboard...the refund will usually go as OBC. You have to follow up on it often... it will refund sometimes  and others it doesn't ...and you may have to chase it.

11 hours ago, silentbob007 said:

You have to book onboard if you want to have it charged as the BOGO.  If you want to book in advance and either "add" a second person or pay for two then get a partial refund, you can generally go that route as well.  They may price adjust as the book on board price is generally higher than the online price.  I like boarding early so I just do it right when we get onboard and have never had an issue.

2 hours ago, bajathree said:

Yes but that doesn't mean the refund always goes smoothly. They will sometimes tell you that the refund will go to the form of payment that was origionally used. That usually never works once aboard...the refund will usually go as OBC. You have to follow up on it often... it will refund sometimes  and others it doesn't ...and you may have to chase it.

This is why I chose to just do it onboard (as it was intended to be used) on my first D+ cruise earlier this month. The last thing I want to do DURING my cruise is deal with stuff. Others will feel differently and that's cool too. Whatever works for ya!

We always board early, I was 2nd in line behind someone at a promenade dining kiosk, only had to wait a bit b/c the person in front of me was taking a while booking UDP meals. Once it was my turn, booked the one BOGO we wanted in less than 5 minutes and went off to have lunch, no issues.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fenton04 said:

Just curious has anyone not able to take advantage of the BOBO specialty dining when boarding a ship?  Thanks in advance.

We have never been denied the use of BOGO BUT sometimes there are limitations on when you can use them.  On a cruise last year (sorry, I cannot recall which ship it was) they were only honoring BOGO on night #1.  That's the only such limitation we have encountered.  Technically, you are supposed to use the BOGO only on nights #1 and/or #2 but the enforcement of this rule varies wildly.  In most cases the ships will honor a BOGO on nights other than 1 or 2 but there are some ships that are strict on sticking to the "rule".  How and when you actually pay for the BOGO is also very inconsistent.  We are currently on Enchantment and we were charged for both of our BOGO's on night #1 and then allowed to use them whenever we chose BUT I highly suspect that this ship has such a rule b/c there is only 1 specialty restaurant on this ship and so there is no variation in pricing for the specialty restaurant(s).  This was actually the easiest use of the BOGO that we have experienced.  No ambiguity, confusion or misunderstand (which definitely HAS happened with other ships in the past regarding BOGO)...pay up front and enjoy it whenever you choose.

We always stop by the kiosk or one of the specialty restaurants on day #1 and ask about the BOGO policy.  We have never purchased a specialty meal before boarding and expected/anticipated it to be converted to a BOGO after-the-fact and/or receive any kind of credit or refund.  Too much of a hassle there.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Eastern flygirl said:

Do I have to wait until I board to book my bogo?  Will I be able to use my drink coupons in Chops?

Thank you in advance.  I appreciate Cruise Critic for information.  

Vouchers are good for all specialty restaurants, showrooms and almost all bars, Bionic bar and Rising Tide bar are excluded. Vouchers are also good at both private islands, Adult Shakes at JR and smoothies at the spa. .

Edited by taglovestocruise

I have been denied my D+ BOGO because we didn't go the first day. I have to say it left a bad taste in my mouth to be denied. I'm sure it's in the fine print somewhere but we just weren't aware. I've done the UDP a couple of times but rarely add a specialty dining experience for just one or two meals. I took it as a signal to skip it on that cruise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jasukkie said:

I have been denied my D+ BOGO because we didn't go the first day. I have to say it left a bad taste in my mouth to be denied. I'm sure it's in the fine print somewhere but we just weren't aware. I've done the UDP a couple of times but rarely add a specialty dining experience for just one or two meals. I took it as a signal to skip it on that cruise. 

Not really fine print (emphasis mine):

Purchase a specialty restaurant dinner cover charge during the first or second night of your cruise and enjoy complimentary dining for the second guest. Valid for dinner reservations on the first or second night only. (Excludes Celebration Table, Chef’s Table, Empire Supper Club, Hooked, Izumi: Hibachi/Teppanyaki, Omakase, Izumi in the Park, Johnny Rockets, Playmakers, Portside BBQ, and Royal Railway)

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

I realize as stated above this is not always enforced.

18 hours ago, silentbob007 said:

That is my first action is to book reservations for bogo at any specialty restaurants.  I was successfull in the early stages of the program to book at one of the SR kiosks but not anymore. 

6 hours ago, mandream said:

Not really fine print (emphasis mine):

Purchase a specialty restaurant dinner cover charge during the first or second night of your cruise and enjoy complimentary dining for the second guest. Valid for dinner reservations on the first or second night only. (Excludes Celebration Table, Chef’s Table, Empire Supper Club, Hooked, Izumi: Hibachi/Teppanyaki, Omakase, Izumi in the Park, Johnny Rockets, Playmakers, Portside BBQ, and Royal Railway)

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

I realize as stated above this is not always enforced.

I fully acknowledge I was ignorant of this rule. I didn't complain to anyone onboard or expect the rule to be changed for me. It was just an "oh, okay" moment but human nature being what it is, I didn't say "oh, then please, charge me full price" lol. 

10 hours ago, Galveston Cruiser said:

We have never had any issue in paying for and booking BOGO.  We do this on day one, but always make dinner reservations for later in the cruise.

Our last couple of cruises (Symphony and Harmony) we booked on board early on the first day.  We had to use our BOGO on nights 1 and 2 as the rule states.  We could not use it in certain restaurants like Hooked.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Our last couple of cruises (Symphony and Harmony) we booked on board early on the first day.  We had to use our BOGO on nights 1 and 2 as the rule states.  We could not use it in certain restaurants like Hooked.

If certain restaurants are excluded it should be updated on their site. Like I was told wonderland not included. Then put it in the terms its excluded. I'd like all ships to have same rules so I can plan before I board what to book. Harmony and grandeur also both said izumi sushi sit down meal excluded. Says hibachi excluded but doesnt say sushi side.

Asking here doesnt help much just general if they dont have consistent rules.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Vouchers are good for all specialty restaurants, showrooms and almost all bars, Bionic bar and Rising Tide bar are excluded. Vouchers are also good at both private islands, Adult Shakes at JR and smoothies at the spa. .

Rising Tide is no longer excluded. You can use drink vouchers there. I've used them on Harmony & Symphony recently. RC's benefits list says: Complimentary daily drinks up to $14 (excludes Starbucks, Bionic Bar, and Desserted). Happy Cruising!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1