New Food Options on Feb 2026 Cruise

We're booked on Celebrity Infinity Israel & Egypt cruise in Feb 2026. I monitor the excursion and dining packages for sales and today there was an option under dining that I haven't seen before. Has anyone else seen these:

Screenshot 2024-07-02 112051.png

interesting but I see it  as yet another way to make them money..

.X used to have great cooking and baking demos ( sro)on every cruise with a few guests participating and free samples for all

• Like 7

1 hour ago, patty1955 said:

We're booked on Celebrity Infinity Israel & Egypt cruise in Feb 2026. I monitor the excursion and dining packages for sales and today there was an option under dining that I haven't seen before. Has anyone else seen these:

Yes,  we booked a  similar dining package for an excursion in Italy. The food was very good.

1 hour ago, patty1955 said:

These are an option on my upcoming edge cruise to Alaska…

These just showed up on our August Eclipse cruise. It might be worth it if they actually taught you how to make theses dishes instead of just demonstrating them

• Like 1

4 hours ago, patty1955 said:

Yes. On our July Eclipse, I see this

17 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Interestingly, none of these require cooking

Yep my cruise has all of the ones in this thread plus two others, again sushi no cooking and pizza class.

However the price isn't worth it - seriously the pizza and sushi class are $100 Canadian and sold out. Like you could go to specialty dining for that.

6 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Yep my cruise has all of the ones in this thread plus two others, again sushi no cooking and pizza class.

However the price isn't worth it - seriously the pizza and sushi class are $100 Canadian and sold out. Like you could go to specialty dining for that.

Or just watch a U Tube video.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

But you wouldn't have the experience. Millennials are the largest generation by population. They've traditionally valued experience over "stuff". See sales of concert tickets for instance. And the oldest millennials are entering Celebrity's key 45-60 (or so) demographic.

9 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

The kitchen is a foreign land to me, but even I can make avocado toast.  Self-taught without You Tube.  Another money grab.

No. Astute marketing to their rising demographic. And, BTW, if your 401(k) invests in cruising (I hope mine doesn't), you need them to grab money...

If people will pay for it do not blame them for offering it, only been around for a few months so far but the sailings I been on it was sold out for all the different ones.  It's a company that makes money and this is a revenue stream as a past shareholder I think it's great, no reason to give it for free.  A few restaurants I ran we did this around twice a month for different types of things.  Steaks prep choosing, cooking etc.  and other types of simple to do at home dishes.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, patty1955 said:

Yes, these are the latest offerings, I saw them for our April '25 cruise on Silhouette(there's a sushi class too). There were pizza making and how to grill the perfect steak classes, and a galley tour with lunch afterwards offered on our repo cruise from Rio to Bayonne this past April/May on the Eclipse. I did the galley tour w/lunch with about 10 other people, and it was pretty great.

9 hours ago, markeb said:

But you wouldn't have the experience. Millennials are the largest generation by population. They've traditionally valued experience over "stuff". See sales of concert tickets for instance. And the oldest millennials are entering Celebrity's key 45-60 (or so) demographic.

Yep that's me, I'm a millennial (barely but still)

I feel like I am borderline though, I haven't been to a concert in 15 years due to cost - I have started doing more experiences but this one I'll pass 😆

12 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Yep that's me, I'm a millennial (barely but still)

I feel like I am borderline though, I haven't been to a concert in 15 years due to cost - I have started doing more experiences but this one I'll pass 😆

lol.  I’m Gen X and have never been to a concert so I guess Celebrity is for me…the thought of the Megaships makes me ill.  I’d rather make ceviche. 😂

16 hours ago, patty1955 said:

Worse than a prostitute... anything for a buck!!!

Just because you don’t want to do something, don’t assume no one does.  As is said, these things sell out.  It may not be a repeat experience but these food or beverage tastings are fun to do at least once.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Yes, I've seen them and they are more like on board excursions, not specialty dining.  I remember when these were free as does @hcat

Yes, they were activities I often looked at attending for the 15/20 minutes they took on sea days. There would be lots watching and 2/3 people invited to prepare along…I particularly remember one demonstration that involved decorating a cake and another cooking a perfect steak. 

Definitely a time passer rather than a ‘real’ experience especially as there isn’t even any cooking! 

I am all in favour of adding additional activities on cruises but I do feel they are getting a bit naughty making so many things ‘pay’ rather than complementary…I certainly can’t see how they can justify the high  prices for these activities.

6 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Yes, they were activities I often looked at attending for the 15/20 minutes they took on sea days. There would be lots watching and 2/3 people invited to prepare along…I particularly remember one demonstration that involved decorating a cake and another cooking a perfect steak. 

Definitely a time passer rather than a ‘real’ experience especially as there isn’t even any cooking! 

I am all in favour of adding additional activities on cruises but I do feel they are getting a bit naughty making so many things ‘pay’ rather than complementary…I certainly can’t see how they can justify the high  prices for these activities.

It doesn’t matter what the price is if someone will pay it.  

The alcohol classes make sense if it means someone will go to the shop to buy liquor.  The food classes may be one and done so they are maximizing how much they make.  

Plus it’s nice to have more options on a sea day.

17 hours ago, patty1955 said:

They had cooking classes on my March - May 2024 Solstice sailing. Those who did them enjoyed the classes but said they would probably not do another one. The sailings I was on were, in most cases, booked when Celebrity was including NR OBC and it was another way for people to use it. 

The cooking activities were being sold rather than bought as we were asked many times if we would like to participate. Discounts were offered too until the classes filled up. I did not participate in the classes for various reasons. 

I am so glad that my cooking skills are quite good, so on a cruise, I do not want to cook.  Of course with this, I would not have to cook!  That’s what I like about a cruise...not cooking!  Now doing some painting on a TA sounds more my style.  I guess whether it is a money-grab, or not depends on opportunity cost, cooking experience etc.

I found this interesting option in the app for my upcoming sailing on Celebrity Beyond.

I would think it quite easy to have a chef facilitate a cooking class.

Is there an art instructor on board?

IMG_4936.thumb.jpeg.cb86f427d6a6f045d3b3ba8e7b30cf3a.jpeg