Beyond -Has anyone found the ducks Im hiding?

I see them lined up across the dashboards of Jeep Wranglers where I live.  

As far as waste, I would think the ducks are very minimal compared to the rest of the waste the ship generates..

Taking one home to my Grandson sounds like a good idea if I see one. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

When we find them, we just smile and keep walking.  

I either smile and walk on by, or if it is early in the cruise, I might take the duck, keep it for a day, then re-hide it so someone else finds it.  I have never brought a duck on-board, I just recirculate any duck I find.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pushka said:

I read the crew hates them and disposes of them. Wastage. 

Not true on this cruise. One said she sends them to the kids in her family back home. A spokes man for one line (carnival I believe) actually asked on his forum if passengers were okay with crew taking the ducks for their family and friends since they like them so much. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I see them lined up across the dashboards of Jeep Wranglers where I live.  

As far as waste, I would think the ducks are very minimal compared to the rest of the waste the ship generates..

Taking one home to my Grandson sounds like a good idea if I see one. 

Oh. You are correct - ducking jeeps is a thing too.  You could easily reuse a cruise duck for this - any open jeep is a prime target.  They actually sell specialized duck mounts for jeep dashes. They display them proudly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TGfromTX said:

Don’t bring them home for disposal until you offer to crew members onboard. It’s really an experience to behold. 

They probably  get just as excited as when someone gives them a fridge magnet or left over Halloween  candy instead of a tip. And I'm sure they are going to spend several times the worth of that plastic duck to mail it home to their kids. My bet is that housekeeping has put a bounty on those little dust collecters,  and the crew are happy to turn them in for cash or credit in the crew store

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, mom says said:

They probably  get just as excited as when someone gives them a fridge magnet or left over Halloween  candy instead of a tip. And I'm sure they are going to spend several times the worth of that plastic duck to mail it home to their kids. My bet is that housekeeping has put a bounty on those little dust collecters,  and the crew are happy to turn them in for cash or credit in the crew store

If you really want to see a crew member get excited, give them the famous fruitcake from the holidays.  

• Haha 3

Hiding ducks wasn't much of a Celebrity thing until a year or so ago. I usually join another social media group for our cruise in addition to the CC roll call and get so annoyed when, once the cruise starts a few people constantly post duck pictures.

They are cure to see but I just don't get it 😆 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, keesar said:

If you really want to see a crew member get excited, give them the famous fruitcake from the holidays.  

Offer to trade your $5 bills for any $2 bills that they or their friends have difficulty using

• Like 1

On 7/24/2024 at 10:32 AM, bikerunner said:

I found them before, took them to the room, ended up in the trash before packing to leave.  

Not got young kids eh bikerunner? Neither have I, but I haven't forgotten the things that made them happy. Glad I'm not like you!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Offer to trade your $5 bills for any $2 bills that they or their friends have difficulty using

I have a bunch of $2 bills around the house.  Got to bring them on the next cruise.  

• Haha 1

We found a duck last year on Celebrity Summit, I was really excited! I didn't realize it was a thing until then. It's at home with all my travel stuff, maybe I'll re-hide it next month when I'm on the Reflection. 🦆🦆🦆

16 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Good call…

Yes, the ducks are showing up more and more on Celebrity ships these days.

Found one on our last Beyond cruise & moved it to a new hiding place.

18 hours ago, keesar said:

I have a bunch of $2 bills around the house.  Got to bring them on the next cruise.  

Just hide the $2 bills.  I would look for them.  😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, crazyank said:

Totally agree

Dunno. Just walked into town from the port on the island of Bimini. Saw all sorts of trash by the roadside, but not one rubber ducky. I feel like there are bigger contributors. 

• Haha 1

Instead of ducks, how about hiding plastic colored Easter eggs onboard?  Inside, there could be candy, coins or words of inspiration.   

10 minutes ago, miched said:

People have been “hiding”  rocks. 

https://inspirekindness.com/blog/rock-painting

Where I live they do Downriver Rocks.   

https://x.com/downriverrocks

The rock is in her lap 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_1087.png

This is a thing in Hawaii.  I haven’t really noticed it anywhere else I’ve visited. 

Posted (edited)

Worried about pollution from the ducks.  They run a lot of rubber duck races for fund raisers.   There are many cities in MI that have one 

I don’t think many escape as they are contained in floating booms.  

Here is one in the Chicago River.    Over 75,000 ducks. 

Here is one in Tampa

Edited by miched