Celebrity X Ships Most Similar to RCI Ships?

We are considering a Celebrity X cruise for the first time.  We have cruised no one other than Royal and are interested to see how the two cruise lines' ships compare.

Is there a chart or other resource that shows which Celebrity ships are most similar to RCI's?

Our favorite RCI class is Oasis, followed by Freedom.  What classes of Celebrity as most like these?  Does Celebrity have any ships that are like Royal's Icon class?

Thanks much.

Just now, LEMJMcC said:

What classes of Celebrity as most like these?  Does Celebrity have any ships that are like Royal's Icon class?

None and no.

If you want similar, try a Millenium class ship - very close to Radiance class at RCI.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Biker is correct.  If you like Oasis, that probably means you like things like the aqua theatre, ice skating shows, slides and the FlowRider.  X (aka Celebrity) has zero of these things.  Agree the Radiance and Millenium class ships are pretty much the same, the other RCI ships bare little resemblance to X.

jc

Posted (edited)

Solstice class Celebrity ships (i.e. Equinox) would be similar in size and passenger capacity as a Voyager class RCL ship, but the interior layout and venues would be quite different.

Edge class ships would be similar in size and capacity as Quantum or Freedom class ships, but again with completely different layout and venues.

BTW, we prefer both of those Celebrity class ships to their RCL counterparts, and the Millenium class ships to the Radiance class (which is our favorite RCL class of ship)

Edited by orville99

I have found that Celebrity Edge Class (E-Class) shares some features and size with Quantum Class.  At least that is how I felt sailing Anthem and Edge in the same year.  But Anthem holds more passengers.

You will not find the activities, features, restaurants etc. on Celebrity M-Class that you might be used to on RCCL larger ships.

• Like 1

Celebrity and Royal are not at all similar and that is by design.  They are both owned under the umbrella of the Royal Caribbean Group.  The intent is not to have two equal cruise lines offering the same thing competing with each other so by design the ships are very different with a different target demographic.

The newest and largest X ships are still around 3k passengers so you really can't compare anything in the X fleet to Oasis or Icon class.  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I have found that Celebrity Edge Class (E-Class) shares some features and size with Quantum Class.  At least that is how I felt sailing Anthem and Edge in the same year.  But Anthem holds more passengers.

You will not find the activities, features, restaurants etc. on Celebrity M-Class that you might be used to on RCCL larger ships.

You are correct in the they share some similarity in features. And not criticizing but to be accurate for the OP, Anthem is 135ft. longer, 34 ft. wider, and 38,000 gross tons greater than Edge.  It also has a maximum passenger capacity of over 2,900 more passengers than Edge - essentially double.  Other than with similar looks and design features, they are not at all close in size.  Although Edge has the Magic Carpet, which is completely unique to that ship class.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We have sailed on both RCCL (Adventure of the Seas) and Celebrity (Solstice & Edge class ships) and if its just the two of us, much prefer sailing on Celebrity. To start, it is our experience that the food on Celebrity, especially Blu, is better than that found on RCCL.

Now if the whole family is involved, then its RCCL even when our children are young adults now. 

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Biker is correct.  If you like Oasis, that probably means you like things like the aqua theatre, ice skating shows, slides and the FlowRider.  X (aka Celebrity) has zero of these things.  Agree the Radiance and Millenium class ships are pretty much the same, the other RCI ships bare little resemblance to X.

jc

A refreshing difference I find! 

I cruise on Celebrity fairly often (4 times so far this year with 4 more booked). I don’t think their ships are anything like RCI ships. They have a completely different atmosphere and even their newest ships do not have anything resembling the amenities I like on RCI ships (water slides, dry slides, flow riders, bumper cars, merry go rounds, etc.). I like both cruise lines, although I still cruise a lot more on RCI, but the ships and the experience is completely different to me. 

Thanks for all the great responses.  I should have noted what we most like about the oasis class ships (Oasis and Wonder anyway) are the neighborhoods, especially Central Park.  We do not travel with kids, so the typical attractions for them are not of interest to us, though we did enjoy the waterslides on Wonder!

I'm wondering about the condition of the ships themselves, we just returned off of Quantum a few weeks ago and she is in need of much repair and refurbishment.  The videos we've watched on some of the Celebrity ships look really good, but those are marketing videos.  It appears to me that the Sky Suites on Celebrity are equivalent to the Junior Suites on Royal, is that correct?

Also, do the demographics differ between RCI & Celebrity?  If so, how?  Would you say the number of children are about the same on either?  What about the mean age of the passengers? 

Most importantly for us, how crowded are the Celebrity ships compared to RCI's?  Quantum was really crowded, but I understand that it was 1) an Alaskan cruise and the weather wasn't as conducive for much outside activity when at sea and 2) it was over the Independence Day holiday.

We're considering a Southern Caribbean cruise on Celebrity's Reflection.

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, LEMJMcC said:

Thanks for all the great responses.  I should have noted what we most like about the oasis class ships (Oasis and Wonder anyway) are the neighborhoods, especially Central Park.  We do not travel with kids, so the typical attractions for them are not of interest to us, though we did enjoy the waterslides on Wonder!

I'm wondering about the condition of the ships themselves, we just returned off of Quantum a few weeks ago and she is in need of much repair and refurbishment.  The videos we've watched on some of the Celebrity ships look really good, but those are marketing videos.  It appears to me that the Sky Suites on Celebrity are equivalent to the Junior Suites on Royal, is that correct?

Also, do the demographics differ between RCI & Celebrity?  If so, how?  Would you say the number of children are about the same on either?  What about the mean age of the passengers? 

Most importantly for us, how crowded are the Celebrity ships compared to RCI's?  Quantum was really crowded, but I understand that it was 1) an Alaskan cruise and the weather wasn't as conducive for much outside activity when at sea and 2) it was over the Independence Day holiday.

We're considering a Southern Caribbean cruise on Celebrity's Reflection.

Thanks.

As a general rule, there are far fewer children on Celebrity ships. I am in my late 50s. Once again in general, I (we) are usually on the older side on RCI ships while we are on the younger side on Celebrity ships. I was on Reflection in May and it was fairly crowded, which is expected since ships are sailing at 100% these days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1