Emerald move over

vino100

Well after all the cruises on Princess,I finally got a move to a lower cabin offer. I’m solo in a regular balcony cabin and I just received a free cruise offer if I would move to an obstructed view window cabin. I guess my cruise must be sold out. 

7 minutes ago, vino100 said:

Well after all the cruises on Princess,I finally got a move to a lower cabin offer. I’m solo in a regular balcony cabin and I just received a free cruise offer if I would move to an obstructed view window cabin. I guess my cruise must be sold out. 

I'd take it in a heartbeat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I noticed that our Emerald cruise in five weeks has shown up as sold out for a couple of weeks now. We're still waiting for our cabin assignment since I booked us a guarantee. I know we'll get one eventually. 

Princess just sent an email for move over offers to Caribbean Princess/Iceland-Greenland.  Not so lucrative.  You have to choose another European voyage from Southampton within 2 years.  Princess will not return to Greenland/Iceland in the time period from Southampton.

• Like 1

If it was an obstructed balcony, it would be an easy switch, but it's difficult to give up the option for fresh air in your cabin.

Then again, you could take it as a freebie then go on another cruise for no additional cost.

Tough call!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vino100 said:

I am so torn. I’m not sure I can give up my balcony. 

Are you nuts? It's a FREE cruise!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, vino100 said:

Would you share which sailing? My Emerald sailing next month is not showing sold out, but maybe certain categories are over sold?

Also semantics, most would say you got a ‘downgrade’ offer.

A move over usually means you will ‘move’ to a different cruise of your choice since they are oversold, opposed to certain categories being oversold.

Edited by wallyj

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

Are you nuts? It's a FREE cruise!

Sometimes life isn't that simple. Whenever I get these, I have FF miles (free) for airfare and getting those during different dates may be difficult. Plus, my work has busy and not busy times, plus I have to work around other people's vacation times. I have received a ton of these and never taken advantage of them. Maybe when I am retired.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Sometimes life isn't that simple. Whenever I get these, I have FF miles (free) for airfare and getting those during different dates may be difficult. Plus, my work has busy and not busy times, plus I have to work around other people's vacation times. I have received a ton of these and never taken advantage of them. Maybe when I am retired.

Agree with you that it would be hard to switch dates, but it sounds like the OP had a move-down offer from a balcony to an obstructed view on the same cruise.

I would take it in a heartbeat, I sail solo, too and few times I've had a balcony didn't use it that much.  Emerald is on the NE route, to me that plays into balcony usage.  I'm retired though so time isn't an issue, flights could be as I'm 2 hrs. from airports.

1 hour ago, Coral said:

It's the same voyage.

10 hours ago, vino100 said:

is the move to the new cruise for a regular balcony cabin

are there any restrictions on which cruise you cruise on for the free cruise offer ?

• Like 1

Well I have decided to stay in my balcony cabin. I just love a balcony. My cruise is this coming Sunday. I’m heading out in the morning and am looking forward to sailing on the Emerald. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, roxievegas said:

is the move to the new cruise for a regular balcony cabin

are there any restrictions on which cruise you cruise on for the free cruise offer ?

For the current situation, it is a downgrade offer for the SAME sailing, so the OP normally will receive the fare they paid minus taxes and fees as refundable on board credit. In my experience with a ‘move over’, you give up your cabin for the specified sailing and are offered to choose from select future sailings in same category and will receive refundable on board credit on the future sailing of the cruise fare you paid. I think they adjust taxes and fees based on your give up sailing and the future cruise.