The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday July 30th, 2024

35 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Annie there just are no words.  Please know you're in my prayers and I wish I could give you a big hug right now!  Hold those kittens close and take care, I know first hand how soothing a purring kitten can be.  

Thank you Sandi, here are a few more we saw that day.  I'd love to go back after only being there once.

door1.thumb.jpg.e9185a434a8a45441d883fb528e68c19.jpg

door2.thumb.jpg.4b977b19043f9063c829a80d71efa989.jpg

door3.thumb.jpg.523afe90f880f9e066447912a43746fd.jpg

I've spent the morning doing cruise planning (of course) and putting a stew in the crock pot.  The weather is perfect for it, cloudy and cool.  

They're works of art!  Just love interesting doors.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, marshhawk said:

We are back, and the road of life that we were traveling on, ended with this doc.  No surgery. (which is what the oncologist said would happen)  and then we find out through this visit, that there is a tumor on the right jaw, and no one will do surgery ever.. Each doc we have been to,  to resolve one problem has told us of more problems, the tumor today, the kidney problems last week, and while this was a new young doc, he knew immediately that DH's thinking ability is pretty much gone. 

All DH could focus on was a single front tooth that was getting looser, and the doc pulled it this morning. Bang, out. Well at least he cant complain that the tooth hurts or that its loose, or have to pay the oral surgeon I saw,  any money.  This doc pulled it, and said, it was on the house.  I told DH to put the tooth under his pillow and the tooth fairy will come by.  DH was about to walk out as we had waited an hour for him to show up.  The doc did tell him that he had no idea why he was there.  And if DH put his faith in his oncologist, he would not have been.  But, if the MRI shows more cancer, (which is what the radiologist's nurse told me is happening) they will probably take DH off of the immunotherapy and put him back on chemo.  

So it is what it is.  Last night DH asked me if I had moved the furniture.  We have lived in this house 21 years, the sofa, has been replaced, but nothing was moved.  This way with his bad eye sight he wont trip over anything, he should know where everything is. but recently I installed a night light in the bedroom, as he has been ending up on my side of the bed thinking that way lead to the door, but he will be trying to open the closet. Again, the mattress was replaced, but that's all.  So I dont know if he knows where he is half the time.  

Oh Annie,  

You went from H*LL and back today.  I’m so sorry at the lack of help and the circles you seem to be spinning.  

I have no words f that are good enough.  Heartbroken for you both.  My prayers are with you both.  I wish I were closer.  All I can do is sen you hugs over the internet 😞 

2 hours ago, lindaler said:

I finished the back yard mowing. Tomorrow I’ll do more weed eating. Thanks for the concern about my nose. I’m fine. Neighbor called to see how I was. She said she was driving with her arm on the window and a big rock came up and hit her on the arm. She figured it was karma and wanted to check that I was ok. I’m fine. I was more worried about the cars near where she was mowing. She does offer to cut my lawns but I keep telling her I need to do it to stay young. 

I am SO relieved you were not seriously hurt.

Suggestion from one independent person to another - sometimes it’s a good idea to accept help.  People don’t offer unless they want to.  It took me a long time to get there but it’s true.

• Like 21

The most common side effects of ibuprofen are:
  • headache.
  • dizziness.
  • drowsiness, fatigue and restless sleep.
  • thirst and sweating.
  • tingling or numbness in hands and feet.
  • ringing in the ears.
  • blurred vision and eye irritation.
  • fluid retention and ankle swelling.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

@marshhawk I'm so sorry to hear about the new tumor, and that more things seem to be found with each doctor's visit. His having cancer is tough enough for you and Chuck to manage, but made so much more difficult by his mental decline. My DM was diagnosed with breast cancer at a time she had advancing dementia. We only did a lumpectomy and I decided that was all we were going to do at the time. Hugs to you and Chuck.

Vanessa, I know that was probably the most difficult decision you had to make for your DM.  Hugs to you for making the decision that you felt was best for her in her condition.

Lenda

• Like 18

Thank you for all your prayers, kind words, and hugs today.  I did feel everyone of them.

2798.png

Tonights disaster was Turnip trying to reach from the chair to my work desk, and falling head first into the trash can.  He got all snarled up in the plastic bag, and I had to pull him out, take the bag off of him, and hold him in my arms.  He was quite embarrassed. That and Olliebeararosa disappeared all afternoon.  I kept calling him,  looking under the furniture, while still trying to work, and I went to the back bedroom, and called, looked in the shower, behind all the doors, in the laundry basket, Ollie, Ollie, Olie and he came running down the hall.  So hey, one of the monsters knows their name.  

We were up at 6 this morning, and we will be up at 6 again tomorrow, monsters to the vet for their rabies shot.  DH and I to the Lung doc tomorrow afternoon, and then I work 5-10.

Im looking at the storm south of us, I am hoping that @StLouisCruisersis doing OK.  That storm is weird, the lightning is in the same place over and over and over.

@lindalerGrowing up we had a gravel driveway.  Dad hated shoveling it because it was a long drive, so he bought a snow blower and blew a whole bunch of gravel right through our neighbors big bay window.  The next spring he had the driveway paved.  And it collapsed, as it turns out there was an underground  stream that ran by the house.  You are lucky you were not more seriously injured.  When I worked with the local garden center our lawn crew were out mowing, and one of the guys had a nail go through his leg that one of the mowers had brought up. Moral of the story never be on the blowing side of a mower or blower.

• Like 16