The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday August 6th, 2024

3 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Change in plans!  
We’re very excited here…. We were looking at possibilities for celebrating my 70th and we just booked a cruise!  It leaves SUNDAY!  From Boston!  This Sunday!  We’ll drive there Saturday, even through the rain!  Oh my…. 
It’s Emerald Princess, goes to Newfoundland and Greenland!  And back. I hope we can connect with our friends in St John’s who we were supposed to see in 2019 but canceled when the prostate cancer diagnosis happened. Then COVID then moved to Maryland then moved to New Jersey! And 4 eye surgeries…  And here we are!  🤞 Lots to do!
Celebrating my 70th. 
Celebrating no eye drops! 
Celebrating life is good🌈

Celebrating together 🫶

I have a LOT to do… m—

Sounds wonderful!  I can certainly tell you are excited, and hope you have a wonderful 70th celebration!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

Change in plans!  
We’re very excited here…. We were looking at possibilities for celebrating my 70th and we just booked a cruise!  It leaves SUNDAY!  From Boston!  This Sunday!  We’ll drive there Saturday, even through the rain!  Oh my…. 
It’s Emerald Princess, goes to Newfoundland and Greenland!  And back. I hope we can connect with our friends in St John’s who we were supposed to see in 2019 but canceled when the prostate cancer diagnosis happened. Then COVID then moved to Maryland then moved to New Jersey! And 4 eye surgeries…  And here we are!  🤞 Lots to do!
Celebrating my 70th. 

Celebrating together 🫶

I have a LOT to do… m—

Congrats! So exciting and yes LOTS to celebrate 🥳 🎉 

Go pack 🧳 NOW!! 

Then travel safely this weekend and have fun!⛴️

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

Change in plans!  
Celebrating my 70th. 

Celebrating together 🫶

I have a LOT to do… m—

Such a well deserved and needed cruise. Enjoy!🛳👏🏻

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Maureen,

So happy for you.  Enjoy your cruise.

It is still raining here and there is no chance of it stopping til Friday.

This is what my back yard looks like tonight. It is getting close to the back porch.

i’ll try to take a better picture tomorrow.

Terri

IMG_3431.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 9

Posted (edited)

Good afternoon, a quick post before more interruptions.

Yesterday, was pleased to read a full page review  in the local newspaper, of a cruise on the Noordam,  the writer cruised during our last summer cruise season.  Unfortunately weather did not permit the ship entering Fiordland.  Captain Mark Zoll was mentioned.  We had a pleasant chat with him during our two Noordam cruises, February /March this year.

Spring is near, our first Daffodil is flowering......a mini in a pot on the deck.   Others have buds.

Have to go, will read all of today's posts later. 

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Change in plans!  
Celebrating my 70th. 

Celebrating together 🫶

I have a LOT to do… m—

Maureen, congratulations on  booking the cruise to celebrate your birthday plus the other good things that have been happing lately.

Lenda

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@RMLincoln  How fantastic!  Have a great cruise, pack a sweater!

@bennybearI cant find the oxygen mask, the patient is very demanding and very mean right now so  I find solace in working.  Did 7.5 hours today.

DH has an ultrasound tomorrow morning,  in hopes that they can find a good vein to replace his artery.  His hands and feet are swollen all the time.  I'm not sure what should be addressed first.

Today I was written up because i wasn't working enough hours.  This was from midwest top management, who 1) doesnt realize I work west coast campaigns, and 2) if she did know, when does 6-8 hours a day become part time?  I thought 20 hours a week was part time, so since we got the call about DH's tests tomorrow morning, I had to cancel a shift in the morning, and part of one in the afternoon.  Dh went to bed early, odd, but I guess i will take advantage of it, and hit the sofa.

hugs to all

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7

@RMLincoln woo hoo! So delighted for you! 
@marshhawk sending extra hugs!  One day at a time!  Hope you get some answers soon, and hope your bosses will be a little more understanding. 
@Haljo1935 and your boss too! It’s unconscionable the lack of compassion.  

Good news our family  is safe.  Unfortunately, the  storm damaged a lot of aircraft and our airport significantly.   One airline has 18 planes damaged.  Not to mention the number of homes and vehicles damaged by the storm.   Mother Nature can be a beast!  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

@marshhawk Annie, ignore the ignoramus who wrote you up.  Really?  You are doing all you can.  But, you do need help.  I echo those who say to please take care of yourself and get some help.

@RMLincoln Congratulations on booking your cruise!  

@Haljo1935  @smitty34877 said what a lot of us have been thinking about your boss.  I hope the new neurologist can help more than the old one.

@bennybear Glad to hear your family is safe.

I caught two mice today.  I hope our pest guy can find out where they are getting in so I can plug up the entrance.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dfish said:

@Haljo1935  @smitty34877 said what a lot of us have been thinking about your boss.  I hope the new neurologist can help more than the old one.

I caught two mice today.  I hope our pest guy can find out where they are getting in so I can plug up the entrance.

I'm crossing fingers and toes for the new neurologist. 

And for your pest guy.

• Like 10

12 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Change in plans!  
Celebrating my 70th. 

Celebrating together 🫶

I have a LOT to do… m—

Excellent news.

I hope you have a fantastic cruise and 70th birthday.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Heartgrove said:
Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

With the happiness that yesterday brought, sadness has reared it's head in that I have decided to put Sam down on Friday.

Last evening Sam got himself into a corner in the kitchen just before we came home. His rear legs are really almost useless for trying to stand. Unfortunately it was a section of the hardwood floor that we don't have covered with throw rugs, towels, etc. It took almost a half hour to get him moved and on his feet. Very, very wobbly after that. We decided last night to go ahead with putting him down. The vet offered to do it late today but we will be at my daughter's house. It has been the worst week to decide as we have had the guest with young boys, my daughter having the baby early, and just the fact of making a decision! Then we had the same occur this morning of getting stuck in the Front Room! The guests will leave today instead of tomorrow which should help to calm the situation. I have noticed this week marked deterioration in his rear legs so it is time. He will have been with us three years Saturday and would be 12 in November.

Sam in better days
0201231719a.thumb.jpg.6d4bd13ddcfa86e262419e9b4dd91b75.jpg
- Jack

OH Jack, my heart goes out to you two.  💔 It is such a difficult decision and so hard on we fur baby parents.  I think it is one of the greatest hits of love we can give - easing them from their pain.  It kills us inside but it is truly the right thing to do.  Prayers to you both as you go through this and Sam’s loss.  🙏 

14 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

I was correct that this morning would be final OT session - unless something major happens or I get referred back to her. She gave me contact info for another neurologist I might want to see for a 2nd opinion.  She seems to think very highly of him. Since my insurance doesn't require a referral, I'm going to call him.

She was flabbergasted to learn my neurologist response to me asking if he would sign the LOA papers to allow me time to acclimate to the meds was to tell me to stop taking them. 

She said I really need to work on my left hand strength. The frozen shoulder has impacted my grip strength to the point she says it's on the verge of being dangerously weak. Eeeks.

HR rescheduled our call to later this afternoon,  so no update on that.

Elizabeth I am so glad you have found another neurologist. I hope they can help and physio exercises can help with your left hand.  Best wishes for some success.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

• LauraS locked this topic