Men’s swimsuit

jmjmann76

They have a few in the shop, not sure of how much selection or sizes are available.  If you are already in Fort Lauderdale you may want to check out TJMaxx or Ross before boarding.  Both are on 17th near the port. 
FYI there is a Total Wine by TJ’s if you need wine to bring on board.😀

• Like 5

So funny! We are at an all-inclusive in the Dominican Republic right now. I told my husband he should pack at least 2 swim suits the day before we left and he agreed. We got here, and you guessed it — no swim suits! I had to pay $70 for one at the resort gift shop! I hope you were able to make it to TJ Maxx. 😊

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jelayne said:

They have a few in the shop, not sure of how much selection or sizes are available.  If you are already in Fort Lauderdale you may want to check out TJMaxx or Ross before boarding.  Both are on 17th near the port. 
FYI there is a Total Wine by TJ’s if you need wine to bring on board.😀

Thanks for the info.  We're arriving a day ahead and I wondered if there was a shop nearby the port for shorts, etc.  I'll google both stores for address.

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Thanks for the info.  We're arriving a day ahead and I wondered if there was a shop nearby the port for shorts, etc.  I'll google both stores for address.

Check with your hotel- there might be shops near it.  Also, the risk on board in addition to expense is that their sizes might be very limited unless hubby is a standard size.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!  We just ended up taking an Uber to Walmart where we found several options less than $20.  We made that decision when we realized that we had forgotten a few other things.  ☺️

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, jmjmann76 said:

We board the Beyond tomorrow, and apparently my DH forgot to pack his swimsuit.

I hope he didn't blame you!  My DH would have said something like...you made me forget my swimsuit....  😂   

PS.  Love the Siamese kitty!  Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, jmjmann76 said:

We board the Beyond tomorrow, and apparently my DH forgot to pack his swimsuit.  Does anyone know if there is a shop on board that sells men’s swimsuits?  Thanks!!

I work for TJ Maxx part time. We have a lot of men's swim suits in the clearance section but I'm in Port Saint Lucie. Also look for a Beals or Marshalls. Oddly I have found that swim suits in Florida are seasonal the same as they are up north. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

very limited unless hubby is a standard size.

haha....what is 'standard'?  Guess he's in shape for the shape he's in....😉.  I shouldn't have butted into this thread and asked about the store for shorts, etc....which is for his DW (me)...I've been to the mall in the past and really didn't find what I was looking for.  Will try the hotel at your good suggestion for what clothing stores are nearby.  Not a necessity, just an excuse to shop for what Florida can offer in the way of summer clothing and most likely has more choice than in our area of Canada.

Edited by Oceangoer2

34 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

haha....what is 'standard'?  Guess he's in shape for the shape he's in....😉.  I shouldn't have butted into this thread and asked about the store for shorts, etc....which is for his DW (me)...I've been to the mall in the past and really didn't find what I was looking for.  Will try the hotel at your good suggestion for what clothing stores are nearby.  Not a necessity, just an excuse to shop for what Florida can offer in the way of summer clothing and most likely has more choice than in our area of Canada.

I can tell you that I am a larger size and probably would take a risk finding on the ship. 😀

Also could wait until the first port.

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I work for TJ Maxx part time. We have a lot of men's swim suits in the clearance section but I'm in Port Saint Lucie. Also look for a Beals or Marshalls. Oddly I have found that swim suits in Florida are seasonal the same as they are up north. 

sometimes found in CVS along with pool shoes...but not always!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nado44 said:

Would anyone really care or even notice if a guy decided to go swimming or sunbathe in his underwear? Asking for a friend.

As close as many seem to watch for shorts in the dining room at dinner, I would venture to say yes. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nado44 said:

Would anyone really care or even notice if a guy decided to go swimming or sunbathe in his underwear? Asking for a friend.

i think so.. I def would object...crude!

maybe nylon  gym shorts could work

10 hours ago, Lighthousepointdream15 said:

There is also the Galeria Mall on Sunrise Boulevard a few miles north. They have Macy’s and maybe a Saks. 

And the Broward Medical Center is only a few blocks away when you have a heart attack from seeing the prices.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Nado44 said:

You could probably get away with it in Europe. When I pack, the swim suits  are the first item in my bag. I may not have underwear but I will have a swim suit. 

Edited by Iamcruzin

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, hcat said:

sometimes found in CVS along with pool shoes...but not always!

I worked for them just before I retired. Worst two years of my life.  We had a few over priced swim trunks that never sold. There were too many other stores on Long Island to shop. Even Macy's was cheaper this time of year.

Edited by Iamcruzin

I worked for them just before I retired. Worst two years of my life.  We had a few over priced swim trunks that never sold. There were too many other stores on Long Island to shop. Even Macy's was cheaper this time of year.

interesting. we live on LI , &  while we are not CVS fans, they and Rite Aid pharmacy (now closed) had/ have a bargain rack.. if OP finds a swimsuit.. anywhere..grab it.. I do not think there's a Bealls near Port Ev..

You could probably get away with it in Europe. When I pack, the swim suits  are the first item in my bag. I may not have underwear but I will have a swim suit. 

we put one in the carryon!

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

me too and a change of cloths.

We actually squeeze swimsuit, nighties, undies, 1 dressy & 2 casual outfits plus shorts & shoes into our carryons.. just in case.   Arrived in Seattle once WITHOUT any luggage..Luckily,  we went a day ahead.. luggage arrived  at pre cruise hotel last minute..by taxi. Have also observed suitcases fall into the water ...and staff just  looks like " oh well" So we now come prepared!

Hope OP will come back with an update.

• Like 1