What size magnetic hooks

Can you try one out?   What kinds of things would you be hanging?

They might hold more than you think?

If I am thinking correctly, these magnetic hooks hold more weight when mounted horizontally (like on the ceiling).  the amount that they can hold without sliding down the  wall might not be that much. So, I don't know if I would swear by that "25 lbs".

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

Can you try one out?   What kinds of things would you be hanging?

They might hold more than you think?

If I am thinking correctly, these magnetic hooks hold more weight when mounted horizontally (like on the ceiling).  the amount that they can hold without sliding down the  wall might not be that much. So, I don't know if I would swear by that "25 lbs".

Thank for taking the time to respond!

Someone had left one in my cabin once and I thought how handy for hats small purses etc  but the ones I recd today are much smaller.  Will return and try again 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Serious Cruisers said:

I searched but didn't find  any photos I bought some at Amazon but they just arrived waayyy to small

It's says 25 lbs but man they are the size of my big toe nail lol

l

As has been posted try one out. Mine from Amazon are for 40 lbs but I just wanted to be sure but yours may be just fine. What were you planning to hang on them?

Here’s what mine look like from Amazon. Easy to assemble. 

I’ve used these on my outside door during the holidays & hung Christmas lights on the door along with other decorations. 

image.thumb.jpeg.f31aea34ccca4ce203880a9c79ebe11a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d5de136d026765e412353aabfefaab95.jpeg

Keep us posted as to what you decide. 

Tom😀

image.jpeg

Edited by trbarton
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, trbarton said:

As has been posted try one out. Mine from Amazon are for 40 lbs but I just wanted to be sure but yours may be just fine. What were you planning to hang on them?

Here’s what mine look like from Amazon. Easy to assemble. 

I’ve used these on my outside door during the holidays & hung Christmas lights on the door along with other decorations. 

image.thumb.jpeg.f31aea34ccca4ce203880a9c79ebe11a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d5de136d026765e412353aabfefaab95.jpeg

Keep us posted as to what you decide. 

Tom😀

image.jpeg

Thanks so much!! I will check them out in the morning. Much appreciate your photo 

I wouldn't count on them to hold up a stripper pole, but they will be more than adequate for hanging up Patters, excursion tickets, or even a sheet to divide the cabin. Just bring some binder clips to go with them.

I like to use them to hang up my hoodie, scarfs &  my bags by the front door. I have made organizers out of fabric that I use magnets to hold up. I put hairspray, brushes and a mirror in it.  I’ve found the ones rated 60 pounds do the trick nicely. The smaller ones are ok for papers but not much else. 

• Like 1

I've got some heavy duty ones & once they've stuck to each other, they're almost impossible to separate. 😦

6 hours ago, Serious Cruisers said:

I searched but didn't find  any photos I bought some at Amazon but they just arrived waayyy to small

It's says 25 lbs but man they are the size of my big toe nail lol

l

What are planning to hang on them? We have really small ones and they work out fine for most clothes. If something was a little too heavy for one, we just put a second one next to it.

30 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

What are planning to hang on them? We have really small ones and they work out fine for most clothes. If something was a little too heavy for one, we just put a second one next to it.

Good idea. 

I'm wondering if the back wall in the closets on the new Sun Princess is metal or was it framed out in wood? I put my once used Polo shirts on hook so I know which I've worn.

Anyone know??

3 hours ago, 555 said:

Good idea. 

I'm wondering if the back wall in the closets on the new Sun Princess is metal or was it framed out in wood? I put my once used Polo shirts on hook so I know which I've worn.

Anyone know??

Yes they are metal. I hang my belts there with magnetic hooks.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, fzrider said:

Yes they are metal. I hang my belts there with magnetic hooks.

Thanks.

I thought the insides of the closets might be lined with wood. 

I have 10’s and 25’s. The 25’s will hold binoculars and heavier items. Sometimes I can accomplish the same with two 10’s. I think heavier is better. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 555 said:

Good idea. 

Anyone know??

Place your worn clothes on a hanger and hang the hanger backwards.  You will always know which outfits are clean/dirty.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Place your worn clothes on a hanger and hang the hanger backwards.  You will always know which outfits are clean/dirty.

That would work except my wife keeps rearranging my closet so everything is nice & tidy with everything facing the same direction like it is at home.

Sometimes it's easier not to say anything rather than start another discussion. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Pro tip:  If you put the hooks on the overhead/ceiling, they hold a lot more weight than on the wall.  They tend to slide down the wall if overloaded.  And the rare earth magnets hold more than regular magnets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 555 said:

I've got some heavy duty ones & once they've stuck to each other, they're almost impossible to separate. 😦

The trick of getting them apart is not to put the magnets right against each other.  Put a few sheets of paper or a piece of cardboard between them and then you can slide them apart.

DON

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I had some of the smaller magnets that others have referenced...they just didn't feel like I could trust them to really hold any weight.

I finally found these on Amazon:  No problems now!  Rated for 130 pounds!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075J9WNSY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Magnets.jpg

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

11 hours ago, 555 said:

Place one of the stuck together magnets on the edge of a table, counter, desk, etc, and the other off the edge.  Push down on the one off the edge.  It really does work to unstuck them.

• Like 1

DW got these for us in the 85# strength. Yes, they do stick together but sliding them apart really was not difficult at all.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CJTT3MQ6?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

And DW will not like that I’ve added these photos (especially the one where she dried swim items on the balcony!!) but she had some good ideas on how to use the hooks.

IMG_9164.thumb.jpeg.4f26ebf4a9f4f823586325f5197377ab.jpeg
The hair dryer wasn’t wired into the drawer so she hung it up in order to have full drawer space.

IMG_9163.thumb.jpeg.ead6decb9a6186c2243c8ad68d2d8908.jpeg

The charging cord was hung up when not in use; keeping it visible helped us not leave it behind on the last day.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.e959dacfae88844e30b1ab33d7b8a050.jpeg

Yep: wet swim items (my apologies, DW; I’ll move my things to the dog house now. But this was such a good use I had to share!)

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.29391c3f98e1359ced75def52ce5ece9.jpeg

Looking closely, you can see not only the cord & the dryer but each of our hats hung on separate hooks. The hook with the blue jacket was used by DW during the day for items like this but when it came time to get ready for dinner, she’d hang her evening clothes here.

No photos but she put another hook on my side of the cabin for my evening clothes; it had to be hung on the ceiling to hold mine but hers were fine with the hook on the wall. She had another hook by my closet for my belt since there was no hook provided in the closet.

We’ve discussed getting an additional package of 10 as we often had to move items off hooks in order to use hooks for other applications. They came in a small box with the hooks in one zip-bag and magnets in another. We simply packed the little box in our checked suitcase.

22 minutes ago, Dock B said:

DW got these for us in the 85# strength. Yes, they do stick together but sliding them apart really was not difficult at all.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CJTT3MQ6?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

And DW will not like that I’ve added these photos (especially the one where she dried swim items on the balcony!!) but she had some good ideas on how to use the hooks.

IMG_9164.thumb.jpeg.4f26ebf4a9f4f823586325f5197377ab.jpeg
The hair dryer wasn’t wired into the drawer so she hung it up in order to have full drawer space.

IMG_9163.thumb.jpeg.ead6decb9a6186c2243c8ad68d2d8908.jpeg

The charging cord was hung up when not in use; keeping it visible helped us not leave it behind on the last day.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.e959dacfae88844e30b1ab33d7b8a050.jpeg

Yep: wet swim items (my apologies, DW; I’ll move my things to the dog house now. But this was such a good use I had to share!)

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.29391c3f98e1359ced75def52ce5ece9.jpeg

Looking closely, you can see not only the cord & the dryer but each of our hats hung on separate hooks. The hook with the blue jacket was used by DW during the day for items like this but when it came time to get ready for dinner, she’d hang her evening clothes here.

No photos but she put another hook on my side of the cabin for my evening clothes; it had to be hung on the ceiling to hold mine but hers were fine with the hook on the wall. She had another hook by my closet for my belt since there was no hook provided in the closet.

We’ve discussed getting an additional package of 10 as we often had to move items off hooks in order to use hooks for other applications. They came in a small box with the hooks in one zip-bag and magnets in another. We simply packed the little box in our checked suitcase.

So I ordered another size see what arrives lol. Apparently only 9 stops away but that usually takes a few hours to arrive. 

Posted (edited)

The actual hook part is small…I should have noted that. But it does conveniently holds a hangar or two, neck strap of hats, lanyards (tho we don’t use them), and even that wound-up charging cord. The hook is like a cup-hook size but more than adequate for our usages.

Edited by Dock B
Thought I needed to fix grammar but was right first time…I think!