Are Coffee Cards Still Available to buy ?

janny444

Apologies if this is an " out of date " question but it is quite a number of years since we last cruised with Princess.

Are the coffee cards still available to buy....think there used to be about 20 coffee tokens on the cards which each token entitled you to a speciality coffee? Also seem to remember that a stainless steel coffee cup was included but maybe my memory isn't working correctly 🙂 

@janny444 no they are not available, but here is a price list  of individual coffees. Also, if you didn’t already know, you can get the plus (2 casual meals )or premier (casual meals -unlimited and two specialty dining and more-just look at princess.com )cruise fare package and it includes coffee, mock cocktails, bottled water, alcoholic drinks. Wi-Fi, and crew gratuity/appreciation.

If you wish to just have standard fare and pay as you go, obviously that’s an option as well. But check out the price of everything to see if it’s worth it to get a package for you.

.IMG_0081.thumb.jpeg.7d1a3ffeb8d10d2861af39a2bae2a3d4.jpeg

1 hour ago, janny444 said:

Apologies if this is an " out of date " question but it is quite a number of years since we last cruised with Princess.

Are the coffee cards still available to buy....think there used to be about 20 coffee tokens on the cards which each token entitled you to a speciality coffee? Also seem to remember that a stainless steel coffee cup was included but maybe my memory isn't working correctly 🙂 

Long gone. I wish they were.  If you’re on the Sun, prices are higher.

Here are the specialty coffees. Assume Star is similar?

image.thumb.png.af36bf2c9835d01723089d6f53dc3eea.png

@arizonapersongave you the other ships. 

Specialty coffees as well as all other non alcoholic beverages are now unlimited with the plus and premier fares. The stand alone beverages packages also includes them, but the cost makes little sense.   

There no longer being sold but you can still buy them on eBay if you want a souvenir.   I'm holding onto my old ones just in case they return. 😄

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, janny444 said:

If it's been "quite a number of years," then you may not know that Princess, at least on Royal Class ships, and presumably the Sun, Princess partnered with Lavazza brand brewed coffee. No more Douwe-Egberts or Nescafe syrups in the buffets. I do not remember any free metal mugs. If you buy a package then barista coffees are included. If you go Standard, you see the prices above. These days, even the included buffet coffee is quite acceptable.

• Like 2

I don't think they gave out those mugs all the time. We managed to get one a while back & they're actually pretty good to keep things warm, much better than a paper cup. 

Thank you everyone for your replies & info....shame that the coffee cards have " disappeared "....I am sure I still have one in a bag somewhere  with a couple of tokens available and I think the stainless steel coffee holder is somewhere up in the loft

Posted (edited)

This is what my card use to look like, it was a punch card, I don’t remember tokens. The tumbler was given when you purchased a soda package. We stopped accepting the tumbler as we never used them while cruising or at home. Maybe they gave a stainless one with the coffee card,but I don’t remember that,nor did we receive one.IMG_1169.thumb.jpeg.3f5a3aa25d2341ba217d84c3a73e51f8.jpeg

We ‘ll long gone are these. I don’t miss the coffee card,so easy to not have to carry anything extra around to get a coffee now.

IMG_1168.thumb.jpeg.4ea9815940e09bbb453a4a7fafa8c960.jpeg

IMG_1167.thumb.jpeg.aec1bf6944eb441f326d135ec8c6ae52.jpeg

Edited by arizonaperson

sorry, but the coffee cards were badly abused for non-intended purposes.  Posters used to brag consistently here on CC about saving that one punch.  Princess finally did away with the card, put it on the medallion for the current cruise only, then completely did away with it.

Another thing that potentially will go away is the _____________  as also posted about here on CC as a work around

• Like 2

The nice thing about the old cards was that you could buy a coffee for a friend. If you didn't use all of the punches on one cruise you could use the rest of them on the next cruise. (Sadly, too many people just kept the one punch and used the "regular coffee" option over and over on multiple cruises.) Of course the Medallion is vastly easier and there is no limit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, voljeep said:

sorry, but the coffee cards were badly abused for non-intended purposes.  Posters used to brag consistently here on CC about saving that one punch.  Princess finally did away with the card, put it on the medallion for the current cruise only, then completely did away with it.

Another thing that potentially will go away is the _____________  as also posted about here on CC as a work around

You took the words out of my mouth. This is validated by the posters who sill have them are are holding on to them. I remember treads about Elites trading in the mini bar for coffee cards then just hoarding them.

8 hours ago, voljeep said:

I wish they would have canceled the free coffee part and kept the punchcard portion of the coffee cards. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

You took the words out of my mouth. This is validated by the posters who sill have them are are holding on to them. I remember treads about Elites trading in the mini bar for coffee cards then just hoarding them.

Not all of them. Many sold them on eBay. It's no wonder they went away.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

This is what my card use to look like, it was a punch card, I don’t remember tokens. The tumbler was given when you purchased a soda package. We stopped accepting the tumbler as we never used them while cruising or at home. Maybe they gave a stainless one with the coffee card,but I don’t remember that,nor did we receive one.IMG_1169.thumb.jpeg.3f5a3aa25d2341ba217d84c3a73e51f8.jpeg

We ‘ll long gone are these. I don’t miss the coffee card,so easy to not have to carry anything extra around to get a coffee now.

IMG_1168.thumb.jpeg.4ea9815940e09bbb453a4a7fafa8c960.jpeg

IMG_1167.thumb.jpeg.aec1bf6944eb441f326d135ec8c6ae52.jpeg

I just tossed those travel cups out a year ago when we were packing up the house and moving.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, voljeep said:

I've had time to ponder this and I am baffled.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, 555 said:

There no longer being sold but you can still buy them on eBay if you want a souvenir.   I'm holding onto my old ones just in case they return. 😄

I still have two cards from long ago as well, memories 🙂.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I just tossed those travel cups out a year ago when we were packing up the house and moving.

I don’t have any of those travel cups any longer as far as  I know of. I’ve moved several times since ,matter fact they still had the plastic wrap on them. We just never used them. We’re not big reusable cup people and I certainly don’t want to carry one around on a cruise, I want to  be able to leave my empty drink Glass at a bar on the ship .I don’t want to have to carry anything around unnecessarily . That picture I showed in a previous post was an example of what I had.
I don’t miss the coffee cards, I do believe I have one in a photo book -the queen of steam -just as part of my cruise scrapbook/photo stuff.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

I don’t have any of those travel cups any longer as far as  I know of. I’ve moved several times since ,matter fact they still had the plastic wrap on them. We just never used them. We’re not big reusable cup people and I certainly don’t want to carry one around on a cruise, I want to  be able to leave my empty drink Glass at a bar on the ship .I don’t want to have to carry anything around unnecessarily . That picture I showed in a previous post was an example of what I had.
I don’t miss the coffee cards, I do believe I have one in a photo book -the queen of steam -just as part of my cruise scrapbook/photo stuff.

I agree. On my last royal Caribbean cruise they gave anyone with a drink package a bucket, yes it was a bucket with a handle to use with the soft drink machines. There is no way I need to walk around with a bucket of Coca Cola at 64yrs old. We left them on the ship unused when the cruise was over,

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, janny444 said:

Thank you everyone for your replies & info....shame that the coffee cards have " disappeared "....I am sure I still have one in a bag somewhere  with a couple of tokens available and I think the stainless steel coffee holder is somewhere up in the loft

They've changed/eliminated so many things that I'm trying out a different cruise line.

• Thanks 1