The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday August 18th, 2024

richwmn

25 minutes ago, 0106 said:

This cruise is called “The Best of Norway” we will not be visiting Britain, Scotland or Ireland.

Thanks, I think I fixed the program that generates that part of the list

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

Cruisemapper

image.png.6239a54e3a051a4759f36b240305252b.png

I don't know where they got it from

Thanks for the info, Rich.

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

It's a charter per @VMax1700.

Roy

Good to know, Roy!

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice photos Sandi.

IMG_20240818_122547.jpg

Thanks so much, Graham!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good Sunday Morning Dailyites.!  I woke early (mainly because a cat had just barfed on me) wandered down the hall to the ladies room, contemplated the meaning of life while walking back to the sofa, and figured the world will not miss me for another hour of sleep, and slept 3 more hours.  There was a rotation of cats between 6 and 9, but nothing that involved fighting over territory.

I have been enjoying everyones pictures of Peru.  If I turn into a traveling angel when I pass, it is first on my list.

I haven't been to finish yesterday's posts so did @Cruzin Terri post?  Seems she has been missing.  I hope all is going well with her.

Its 77 and cloudy, the little bit that I saw this morning regarding weather, is that it will be in the 80's this week, down in the 60's at night.  BUT today will still be in the 90's. Whooppee.  Have I ever told you guys that I hate hot?

• Like 29

Good morning,

I am going to post now before my Internet troubles start again.

I have had them for two days.

I am now using my new laptop and thought all was good.

Hargray (now Starkbright) promised to come and put in new wiring.  Never happened.

I posted once yesterday on my roll call and thought I was coming here next.  The internet died and never came back until this morning.

It something is amiss and I will call them tomorrow.

Annie @marshhawk  saw your post.  Thank you for thinking of me.

I will read the posts later if i can.  Have to get ready for Mass.

thinking of all of you and praying for all of you as well.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

ScreenShot2024-08-18at06_59_34.png.4687317c20752ddb66b5f17a8d0e939d.png

Thanks for the daily and fleet report.  Had to look up the meaning of the Delivery Rider Day (it started in London last year):

Forget putting delivery items in a car that can get stuck in traffic for long stretches of time! Instead, people in urban areas can benefit from the use of bicycle delivery riders who can make it quickly and efficiently to their destination – and in an earth-friendly manner.

International Delivery Driver Appreciation Day is here to say thank you and show appreciation for these folks who are making deliveries on bicycles all over the world!

So I will recognize this day and birth control pill but someone can have my Pinot Noir.  I agree with Frank, I like the 3rd recipe (Siracha!!), I love blackberries so yes to the drink and wine, and I have never been to Peru.  Thanks to TN making the amendment pass (they were the 36th State to ratify it) and a somber day in WWII.

ScreenShot2024-08-16at16_47_21.thumb.png.732e6a16ab660c2e9783048f32b63dd6.png

I woke up to high humidity even though the temp was in the mid 70s.  We had a nice thunderstorm last night and expect more today.  Presently at 0700 it is 77F with 73% humidity under mostly cloudy skies.  We might hit the low 100s today but we will see. Lazy day planned and maybe some little chores. 

ScreenShot2024-08-16at16_43_10.thumb.png.736750af51619e4fef5a4d6144d2e9f2.png

Happy, Happy Birthday @Mr. Boston!!

@kazu your house is beautiful!!  I am sure everything will work itself out.

Thoughts for all who are struggling and cheers for those celebrating.  Have a fantastic day everyone!!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone. Thanks for checking on me. I am still planning to go on this cruise unless a worst case happening. Family made me promise so I will try to keep my promise. 
It is just a waiting game now and they said I could wait as well on a cruise. There is nothing else I can do. 

Edited by lindaler
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Good Morning! @Mr. Boston Happy Birthday.

A short one as we are getting ready for church. Enjoyed a grilled BBQ Chicken dinner last night with corn on the cob.

We were in Lima last January for the second time and will revisit next January on our South America cruise.

Enjoy your day and thanks for the featured reports and post. B.

image.thumb.jpeg.3e39957b234b5fbacd7f4780af0b3283.jpeg

What about, “Johnny on the Spot”

“This Truck has Bad Breath”

“The Slogan was a crappy Idea”

• Like 8
  • Haha 11

14 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Sunday Morning Dailyites.!  I woke early (mainly because a cat had just barfed on me) wandered down the hall to the ladies room, contemplated the meaning of life while walking back to the sofa, and figured the world will not miss me for another hour of sleep, and slept 3 more hours.  There was a rotation of cats between 6 and 9, but nothing that involved fighting over territory.

I have been enjoying everyones pictures of Peru.  If I turn into a traveling angel when I pass, it is first on my list.

I haven't been to finish yesterday's posts so did @Cruzin Terri post?  Seems she has been missing.  I hope all is going well with her.

Its 77 and cloudy, the little bit that I saw this morning regarding weather, is that it will be in the 80's this week, down in the 60's at night.  BUT today will still be in the 90's. Whooppee.  Have I ever told you guys that I hate hot?

Don't you just relish those mornings when you wake up to cat bark on the floor?  But on you even?  

Heavy thunderstorms moved through last night and we got a good dousing of rain.  Course it did nothing for our unusually humid summer, so it's going to be another warm and muggy day ahead.  I'm headed to DM's this morning which means a ferry ride for me, I'm hoping it's not too crowded.  Only have time to skim the daily, as I have to get my day bag packed.  

Have a nice Sunday everybody!

• Like 26

7 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

What about, “Johnny on the Spot”

“This Truck has Bad Breath”

“The Slogan was a crappy Idea”

Your on a roll today.

• Like 12
  • Haha 7

Good morning everyone.  A little groggy today for good reason!  Thanks for the daily report and the recipes and lists.  The wedding yesterday was really beautiful, the wedding ceremony was at the basilica in Minneapolis and the reception was at the Landmark Center in St. Paul. A great time was had by all!  I’ll try and attach a photo of our table.

Thank you so much for all the nice birthday wishes!  A fun fact is that both the mother of the groom and I share the same exact birthday being born in 1961!  We’ve never spent it together until today.  I hope cake is in the near future.

I’ll celebrate Pino Noir today, we’ve been aquatinting ourselves with them ever since our niece and her family moved to the Willamette  alley several years ago.

I think the quote is funny.

Both the meal and drink suggestions sound delicious.

Prayers for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events today!  
IMG_7039.thumb.jpeg.9acb39433e775bccdc434f41c92b34e9.jpegIMG_7165.thumb.jpeg.d25912c3947d4667dc99a18c56456d61.jpeg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, kazu said:

...Thanks for the kind words on the house & gardens, everyone.  It’s the last day of showings - thank God.  Once Ivan and I get today over with, we will have had over 30 showings.  Hopefully tomorrow is fruitful and there is some flexibility on closing.

The apartment I was going to is not being cleared out until August 30th despite the son previously advising it would be August 17.  Of course, time is needed to clean, paint, sanitize & replace carpets there.  They have offered *and blocked) me the other apartment there to move to in the meantime but it is significantly smaller and does not have some of the features the other does.  I already have boxes packed marked laundry room & kitchen but this apartment does not have a laundry room or a true kitchen.  ‘Sigh’. I really don’t feel like living out of boxes nor dealing with changing phones, wifi, etc to 2 different units.

I’m a bit of a grumpy gus now and studying the floor plan to see if I can even fit what I had carefully planned for the other apartment.  This was hard enough to do moving to the apartment I felt was good for Ivan and I.

But first,  Ivan and I have to get through today.

Congratulations on the good number of showings- not surprising for such a lovely place. I bet you and Ivan are happy to get them behind you.

I'm sorry you're going through this. Packing & settling of memories is not easy and doesn't need the complications of a delay. Your struggles have been real.

Of course, closing & date of possession can be negotiated and I'm sure your agent will do their best for you without losing the sale. Have you considered a lease back? That's usually the perfect solution for your situation. It allows you to close but gets you a little extra time to move to the other place w/out the hassle of temporary numbers, services, etc. Might be worth asking.

Apologies if I over stepped.

🙏 and 🫂 🤗 for you and Ivan.

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Heavy thunderstorms moved through last night and we got a good dousing of rain.  Course it did nothing for our unusually humid summer, so it's going to be another warm and muggy day ahead.

Our power went out about nine last night from whatever this storm was; no estimation of when it will come back on; still listed as "cause under investigation".

• Like 17
  • Thanks 7

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline is at work Monday and Tuesday so she has set the table in our Summer house for Sarah and her boyfriend coming to ours on Wednesday.

IMG_20240817_194521.jpg

IMG_20240817_194507.jpg

It looks so nice!  Sarah and her boyfriend are in for a fine dining experience.  Early congrats on your anniversary Thursday!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks all!  Our smoke has finally cleared, so nice to see blue skies again! 

@Mr. Boston happy birthday,  lovely wedding photos! 

@kazu hope you can negotiate a date that works well for you.   

@smitty34877glad you’re enjoying a little break.  

It was nice enough we were able to visit a lovely Italian restaurant patio.  So nice to have homemade pasta and risotto.  

IMG_1965.jpeg

IMG_1964.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

Good morning, 

Our weather forecast yesterday said we'd have a thunderstorm starting at 11:00 PM and almost right on the dot there was a loud clap of thunder! There were several more rolls, some lightning (though I couldn't see it) and then the rain came down hard. Today is forecast to be sunny, cloudy, and high of about 75 so not too bad. 

Back to reality here and less than 3 weeks to the Eurodam. Today is laundry, the neighbor friend down for tea, and then a trip to town. My cell phone acted up on the cruise and it's time for a new one. I could hear people on it but they couldn't hear me. A friend, who had the same phone, had that exact same problem and had to upgrade so that's what I'll do. The big box store is offering a deal that includes a $100.00 gift card so will go there. I also need to stop for a couple of groceries. Other than that it's getting "stuff" done, putting cruise things away, etc. There are some things that will just stay in the suitcase as I don't need them at home at the moment. 

Have a good Sunday!

Karen

• Like 26