Maybe all C&A members will stay on RCL after reading this

4 hours ago, BP99 said:

Hi,

LOVE your comments!

Totally AGREE!!

We became elite on Celebrity first but actually liked Royal

better as Diamond+ (entertainment, benefits, diamond lounge etc). We found that more Celebrity guests enjoy wearing their

tuxedos, gowns, bling etc. as compared to RCL.We don't go on a cruise to show off! We go on cruises to to visit new destinations, travel across the oceans (TA and TP's),

enjoy food that we don't need to cook etc. and see excellent

entertainment. We are NOT upset with kids on board or upset

with a man wearing shorts at dinner!

I fail to see how passengers who wish to follow the suggested guidelines for dressing are “showing off”.
There are many who enjoy dressing for dinner as they may rarely do that when at home.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, C-Dragons said:

I fail to see how passengers who wish to follow the suggested guidelines for dressing are “showing off”.
There are many who enjoy dressing for dinner as they may rarely do that when at home.

Yeah, I didn't really understand BP's comments either...not sure of their point.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, C-Dragons said:

Sorry...your comment IS serious, I just can't help visualizing NOT dressing for dinner at home...DH would think I've gone off the rails  😉.....still chuckling!  😄

On 8/19/2024 at 6:30 PM, canderson said:

Writer needs "extra spice and seasonings" for more than just the buffet food - needs it for the entire experience.  The conclusion was correct.  RCCL is a better fit for that cruiser, and probably a great many from generations that require a lot of stimulation to feel more connected to the world.

A couple of years ago we were on the Radiance of the Sea. We found that the food in the main dining room were all oversalted, over cooked and the meat quality was not good.  It was our first and the last Royal Caribbean cruise.   We mainly sail with Cunard and Celebrity. 

2 hours ago, cruisegirlppp said:

But do they have special pins that they wear around the ship ???🤣🤣 Have not sailed that much on RC but the wearing of the pins seems odd.

The wearing of pins is a kind of "to be or not to be".   If one likes to wear their pin, more power to them.  If others don't want to wear it...so be it....don't wear it.  Why should anyone care what they do?

There is no wrong or right....good or evil onto which decision that person should make.  So what?  Live and let live. 😇

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yoshikitty said:

A couple of years ago we were on the Radiance of the Sea. We found that the food in the main dining room were all oversalted, over cooked and the meat quality was not good.  It was our first and the last Royal Caribbean cruise.   We mainly sail with Cunard and Celebrity. 

My guess is that it wasn't salt that the blogger was talking about.  More likely wanted more heat for the endorphin/dopamine rush.

4 hours ago, BP99 said:

Hi,

My wife and I really liked our Cunard cruises. We did many

TA's on Cunard and liked each one. Beats flying!

Positives:

Great food (esp fish and chips) and great services.

Excellent entertainment. Especially RADA group.

Great trivia. HARD. 3/10 correct often won!

Negative:

I had to buy a BLACK suit to eat in the dining room.

A different color or jacket was a no admission.

Luckily Walmart had cheap one!!

The dogs were the first to get on board the ship.

Paraded in front of us while we waited in the terminal (true

story but I wasn't upset. I threw that in as a JOKE that

I will always remember!).

Great fish and chips? If you really think that about the stuff served on Cunard I feel very sorry for you. 

We have several friends who like Cunard but our experience was so bad that I don't think we would even accept a free cruise on the line.

To give you just a few examples:

1) Every time we used the shower the bathroom floor flooded. When we complained to the Cabin Steward his response was "Oh it always does that. I will bring you a pile of extra towels to mop it up."

2) the mirror above the vanity unit only had a light on one side which made it very difficult when my wife was putting on her make up. I mention this at GR and the response was "No sir you have to have an outside cabin to have a light on both sides of the mirror (we had an Atrium view one".

3) At a Q and A in the theatre with the Captain a passenger started his question by saying that he was part of a group doing back to back cruises Southampton/ New York/Southampton. The Captain's response started with " This is Cunard we don't do cruises we do Voyages. You booked 2 separate Voyages". When the passenger continued to raise his main point about the group being refused a refund because they had not been on the pier at the appointed time because the ship had stopped all passengers disembarking due to high water levels. The Captain's response was that it was the passengers responsibility to be at the meeting point on time and there would be no refunds. Needless to say this response didn't go down well and so the Captain simply put down his mike and walked out leaving the Cruise Director to take the flack.

4) When the Head Chefs came to be introduced to the passengers in the main dining room 50% of the passengers stood up an booed - that's how bad the food was.

A one off - possibly. But the attitude from the Captain down was just totally unacceptable

1 hour ago, island lady said:

The wearing of pins is a kind of "to be or not to be".   If one likes to wear their pin, more power to them.  If others don't want to wear it...so be it....don't wear it.  Why should anyone care what they do?

There is no wrong or right....good or evil onto which decision that person should make.  So what?  Live and let live. 😇

So it’s ok to flaunt your status.  Just not ok to have an opinion about people who do?  I don’t see anyone suggesting they walk around telling people to take off their pins.  

It’s like people who want to wear baseball caps in dining rooms.  Should I just sit there and shut up?

• Haha 1

On 8/19/2024 at 10:30 PM, Cruising89143 said:

...We have found that the food in Coastal Kitchen is just as good as Luminae and specialty dining is equal.

Coastal Kitchen is now only open for suites and usually just about the top 20 or so Pinnacles.

1 hour ago, the penguins said:

Great fish and chips? If you really think that about the stuff served on Cunard I feel very sorry for you. 

We have several friends who like Cunard but our experience was so bad that I don't think we would even accept a free cruise on the line.

To give you just a few examples:

1) Every time we used the shower the bathroom floor flooded. When we complained to the Cabin Steward his response was "Oh it always does that. I will bring you a pile of extra towels to mop it up."

2) the mirror above the vanity unit only had a light on one side which made it very difficult when my wife was putting on her make up. I mention this at GR and the response was "No sir you have to have an outside cabin to have a light on both sides of the mirror (we had an Atrium view one".

3) At a Q and A in the theatre with the Captain a passenger started his question by saying that he was part of a group doing back to back cruises Southampton/ New York/Southampton. The Captain's response started with " This is Cunard we don't do cruises we do Voyages. You booked 2 separate Voyages". When the passenger continued to raise his main point about the group being refused a refund because they had not been on the pier at the appointed time because the ship had stopped all passengers disembarking due to high water levels. The Captain's response was that it was the passengers responsibility to be at the meeting point on time and there would be no refunds. Needless to say this response didn't go down well and so the Captain simply put down his mike and walked out leaving the Cruise Director to take the flack.

4) When the Head Chefs came to be introduced to the passengers in the main dining room 50% of the passengers stood up an booed - that's how bad the food was.

A one off - possibly. But the attitude from the Captain down was just totally unacceptable

we sailed a short trip on QM 2 a few years ago..rt Bklyn NY.. After experiencing it.. we understood why they stressed it was an ocean liner and not a cruise ship..  It was  very sturdy..just behind a bad storm .Never felt big seas.

We had great dining, lovely service, top notch shows  and a very nice mix of clientele.. skewed US.. Not stuffy!

I got bord reading halfway through so I stopped.  So what. 🙄 bla bla RC this & RC that. Celebrity this & Celebrity that. CC had all ready hashed this through 1000 or more times over.  The Blog is only that a blog of someone else's opinion.  << probably copied & pasted by all the remarks made over time from CC! Nothing original or anything anyone from CC would not already know. 😂 << this is JMO only. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2024 at 12:40 PM, markeb said:

Not sure where you got that: "I’m not a huge drinker, but I love utilizing the Diamond drink vouchers to sample cocktails around the ship, whether it be the Toasted Marshmallow Old Fashioned or Cucumber Martini."

20something hand for sure! LOL I'm guessing possibly a nail-biter 😄image.png.5f2ca0cbe628aff6f200ef34293b8e3f.png

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

So it’s ok to flaunt your status.  Just not ok to have an opinion about people who do?  I don’t see anyone suggesting they walk around telling people to take off their pins.  

It’s like people who want to wear baseball caps in dining rooms.  Should I just sit there and shut up?

Uh! Newbie question!  Tier match was encouragement to book my first Celebrity Cruise! Royal Caribbean recognizes individuals with a pin after each tier achievement of the Crown & Anchor Society.  I've worn each designation pin as I traverse milestones of the Crown & Anchor Society.  Does the Captain's Club have a similar recognition for each milestone achievement? 

Edited by ChittyChittyBangBang
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChittyChittyBangBang said:

Uh! Newbie question!  Tier match was encouragement to book my first Celebrity Cruise! Royal Caribbean recognizes individuals with a pin after each tier achievement of the Crown & Anchor Society.  I've worn each designation pin as I traverse milestones of the Crown & Anchor Society.  Does the Captain's Club have a similar recognition for each milestone achievement? 

Maybe ,never noticed anyone wearing a pin 

only time I wear a pin is in November for Remembrance Day 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

@the penguins

That sounds awful.  At least you got to tell all your friends you cruised on Cunard, right?  

not great at the time and posting about it didn't make us popular with some diehard Cunard supporters. 

The full story, yes there was a lot more, makes for a great evening at dinner.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

we sailed a short trip on QM 2 a few years ago..rt Bklyn NY.. After experiencing it.. we understood why they stressed it was an ocean liner and not a cruise ship..  It was  very sturdy..just behind a bad storm .Never felt big seas.

We had great dining, lovely service, top notch shows  and a very nice mix of clientele.. skewed US.. Not stuffy!

it was the condescending way in which the Captain spoke to the passengers that really rankled - even worse that he chose to use the language in front of an audience of close to 1000 people. No wonder that the crew showed little interest in trying to remedy any of the other issues.

2 hours ago, ChittyChittyBangBang said:

No pins on Celebrity.

The only recognition I've seen is when people make Zenith and whoever has the most Captains Club points on a cruise during the Officer Meet & Greet.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Agree. Might be the same people that concern themselves what others are wearing in the MDR and how much cologne/perfume someone is wearing. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, doghog said:

Agree. Might be the same people that concern themselves what others are wearing in the MDR and how much cologne/perfume someone is wearing. 🙄

The cologne / perfume is a big thing ! 
I have had to leave the theatre and lounges because of people swimming in perfume

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, doghog said:

Well it’s great to never complain about anything or care about anything.  I’m not there yet.  

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

The cologne / perfume is a big thing ! 
I have had to leave the theatre and lounges because of people swimming in perfume

Possibly some do.  I feel the same about BO and smoke smell. And especially those trying to mask those smells with perfume/cologne. 

21 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Well it’s great to never complain about anything or care about anything.  I’m not there yet.  

Oh, I will complain if need to. But those two subjects are not anything I concern myself with. Now a smoker on their balcony smoking next to our balcony, game on! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2