Hideaway - updated price

5 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Assuming your information is accurate, and I have no reason to believe it isn’t, one can conclude that people cruising out of Texas are willing to pay higher prices than people cruising out of Florida when it comes to Hideaway Beach (at least in the past). 

I think both Florida and Texas have great beaches available in season.

It is not like they have ski resorts and ice fishing as a specialty destination.

I have great beaches available to me throughout the year.

I enjoy Coco Cay and I am very happy to enjoy the included amenities and food.

I think the basic food included with Coco Cay has been superior to most of the Windjammer lunches I have enjoyed. Not that the Windjammer is in anyone extremely deficient, more that I do not need to pay any premium price on Coco Cay because that price does not significantly affect the food quality for one day on vacation.

I understand the cruise company is making more money from these add-ons. If people are willing to pay for it, it subsidizes my cruise and those who do not buy extras.

If it helps keep the ship economically afloat, have at it.

Thank you.

On 8/19/2024 at 8:47 PM, colesc15 said:

I noticed today that the "base price" for Hideaway on Coco cay shot up today on every upcoming cruise we have booked. Looks like the days of $19.99-$39.99 are gone and seems to be an average price of $69 pp now. It felt worth it at the lower price, but doesn't seem like it at $70. Stinks they took the dj away from oasis lagoon to try to get people to pay for Hideaway. 

I'm glad it's gone. Way to loud yo have a conversation.

On 8/19/2024 at 9:06 PM, SUgwoz said:

For many, people consider the removal of the DJ at the Oasis pool a positive. 

👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

North America travel costs are a total rip off. If you price out 4-5 star Europe/Asia/South American land travel itineraries they are less than a cruise. I have a ton of proof of this and have posted in various threads over the past few years.

That's disgusting.... but not surprising. The human psychology is that we all have to belong to a special "club"  to feel better about ourselves and pay to get into it. We all need to say "I payed for a better day than you peons over there in the free area". Royal is a king of exploiting this.

It's not just travel costs in North America.  Try going to Europe.  Flights, hotels, food, etc.  Many South America destinations also.

You're from BC.  Not exactly the most economical province.  Housing makes it a very expensive area to move to.  Demand pricing is the definition of the real estate market.  Location, location, location.

Hideaway and many other optional purchases will always have demand pricing.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, twangster said:

Hideaway and many other optional purchases will always have demand pricing.  

Demand pricing and dynamic pricing are synonyms which are always compared to "supply and demand" pricing.

Everyone, everywhere, stop cruising for one year, I want a highly discounted cruise!

😉

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Demand pricing and dynamic pricing are synonyms which are always compared to "supply and demand" pricing.

Everyone, everywhere, stop cruising for one year, I want a highly discounted cruise!

😉

If someone could coordinate a stoppage of bookings for even just 1 day, prices would drop dramatically. Someone pulled this off for Game Stop stock, seems like it shouldn't be so hard to get people to hold onto their money and stop people from making reservations for one measly day 😂.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

😉

let me know which year and I’ll join you. 

doh! That defeats the purpose.  You first! 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, twangster said:

let me know which year and I’ll join you. 

doh! That defeats the purpose.  You first! 

Oh no sir, you first!

Oh no, no, no, sir, you first!

Unbelievable how polite we can be to save a buck!

🤣

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

52 days away from my next cruise and it seems like everything Coco Cay is at the maximum discount.

None of the cabanas are sold-out. I would estimate that only about 30% of total cabanas have been sold (calculated by using the " xx Spots Left" banner on each type of cabana for sale. The high end cabanas still have 7 out of 10 available.

Coco Beach Club day pass is $99.99.

Thrill Water Park day pass is $54.99.

Thrill Water Park Cabana and 6 Water Park passes for $615.99.  8 spots still available (I think there are only 8 cabanas but I never counted them in person).

You get the idea.

We loved the beach club when the fee was under $100.  Now crazy pricing.  We booked the Hideaway- IMO worth it- more adult- no kids- But it isn't for those who want a quiet relaxing day.  The music is loud and it is crowded.  However, we booked it for an upcoming cruise.  IMO much more worth it then many shore X's like swimming with the pigs.

• Like 1

We had a free day pass as a final stop on WC Serenade.   Normally we would not go there if we had to pay for it.  

Walked through and back around....and kept going back out.   Too crowded...too noisy.  Happy we did not pay for it.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

We loved the beach club when the fee was under $100.  Now crazy pricing.  We booked the Hideaway- IMO worth it- more adult- no kids- But it isn't for those who want a quiet relaxing day.  The music is loud and it is crowded.  However, we booked it for an upcoming cruise.  IMO much more worth it then many shore X's like swimming with the pigs.

What I find interesting is the Oasis Lagoon pool has become a much more relaxing area since Hideaway Beach opened and they removed the DJ booth by the swim up bar. Before Hideaway Beach opened, I was under the false impression that it would be a quieter, relaxing area maybe a notch or two below the Beach Club. I would have been willing to pay for that type of environment. But now I am getting that environment for free on days we hang out at the Oasis Lagoon pool. I still will pay to go to Hideaway Beach during the months of January and February just for the heated pool, but don’t plan to go there the rest of the year. 

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Everyone is different. All my friend wants is the balloon ride. Then we can go hang out at south beach. What is over priced to one isnt to another if that's what they want to do. I think at $74 the balloon ride for 10 minutes is too much. 

It's $47.99 for our Nov 3 and Nov 10 b2b cruise on Wonder.  I had it booked last year for half that but we cancelled as I can't do sand anymore.  We hang at the Oasis pool.  It's close to bathrooms, bar and food.   Beach club is $141.99 per person which is too high.

Edited by BND

I booked it for next year for $47.99.  We are on cruise that goes 4 times in our 3 weeks.  I decided to try it once.  We tried the beach club once too. We’ll see for ourselves but it’s probably a one and done. I wouldn’t pay more to try it. 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Everyone is different. All my friend wants is the balloon ride. Then we can go hang out at south beach. What is over priced to one isnt to another if that's what they want to do. I think at $74 the balloon ride for 10 minutes is too much. 

Did your friend get to ride the balloon? I have been to Coco Cay around 40 times now. I have seen the balloon in the air on 4 days so far. Every other time the balloon wasn’t operating due to excessive winds (plus there were several months when the balloon wasn’t there maybe a year ago or so). 

48 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Did your friend get to ride the balloon? I have been to Coco Cay around 40 times now. I have seen the balloon in the air on 4 days so far. Every other time the balloon wasn’t operating due to excessive winds (plus there were several months when the balloon wasn’t there maybe a year ago or so). 

Its oct 12 out of texas. We havent gone yet. It was operating last week on my visit where I did Bermuda. I got 4 pictures of it up in the air for him.

Its 74.99 on sale only 5% off. I'll watch him and then we can go to south beach. But it was operating last week. 

Edited by firefly333

I remember when Hideaway Bay was first offered.  We were taking our adult DD on her first cruise.  She had driven us to the port in Baltimore and/or BWI airport.  Also, we parked our car at her house and saved parking.  We decided we were going to spend some money on that cruise. 😀 Also, she is a teacher, so it was a spring break cruise and full of kids. We booked Hideaway Bay the day they began taking reservations.  It was $79.  The price kept coming down and we eventually got it for $33 on Black Friday.

We felt it was worth it.  The heated pool was very nice.  There were tons of kids onboard and none at Hideaway.  It had a fun atmosphere, and we felt the food OK.   

• Haha 1

I just rebooked again tonight from $79 to $54 for Utopia sailing in Feb.  It keeps going up and down, so I keep checking.  And yes, I still think they are price gouging at $54, but Heck, it’s a fun day there. 

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe some people but not this person.

+1    

Happy to have had the free tour last month...confirmed my suspicions about the crowded area  and party atmosphere.  I would be both annoyed and bored.  We had a free day pass, only took 20 minutes to do a full walk through and then back out.  😉 

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

+1    

Happy to have had the free tour last month...confirmed my suspicions about the crowded area  and party atmosphere.  I would be both annoyed and bored.  We had a free day pass, only took 20 minutes to do a full walk through and then back out.  😉 

I can't even sit still for very long. I would constantly be getting up to go take a walk somewhere so the whole concept would be lost on me.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I can't even sit still for very long. I would constantly be getting up to go take a walk somewhere so the whole concept would be lost on me.

We as well.   Our usual deal, even when it was a tendered port...is to just start at one end, walk around the perimeter with a glass of Coco Loco in hand 😉 and continue around the other way.  We often sit briefly to eat a dog, burrito, or salad at Chill Grill at the end of the walk....then stop off on the way back out for a small cone of ice cream while we walk back to the now empty ship.  

• Like 2